Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I have never played TLOU game but I'm enjoying the tv series so far. Without knowing how the game goes, will it all wrap up in the last episode or is there loads more in the game that means there'll be an second series with the same characters?

19 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I have never played TLOU game but I'm enjoying the tv series so far. Without knowing how the game goes, will it all wrap up in the last episode or is there loads more in the game that means there'll be an second series with the same characters?

The story of the game will be wrapped up in the last episode. There is, however, a second game that takes place five years after the events of the first and does indeed follow many of the same characters. A second series has been announced and will presumably be as close an adaptation of the sequel as this series has been of the first game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Deborah ann woll being dropped from the daredevil reboot is the biggest mistake since the cw didn't give McNamara a shot at playing arrow and instead shafted her into a western flopfest. 

Sigh. 

That is a piss poor move, yeah.

I'll be honest though, I'm not sure why the series needs a reboot (as opposed to a continuation) at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That is a piss poor move, yeah.

I'll be honest though, I'm not sure why the series needs a reboot (as opposed to a continuation) at all.

Me neither, but I'm just happy to see it return, I'll reserve judgement til I've watched it. If they shit the bed and rerun the same stories it will be a massive letdown. 

Tbh, the reboot makes even less sense when the word is they're keeping the show r-rated and even bringing back Jon as the punisher.. Reboot would make sense if they were trying to lower the age rating to be more MCU friendly. 

Watched a programme the other night about an honour killing of a young girl called Banaz ..  it really got to me and played on my mind for quite a while afterwards ..  in the end after going to the police on several occasions and trying to run away she resigned herself to the fact she was going to die ..  she allowed herself to be taken back to her family and was duly murdered (horrifically) and buried in a suitcase ..  no one in the family or in the wider community helped the police with their inquiries ..  no one. Her sin  .. falling in love. 

Just staggering ..  

• Sad 2

On 07/03/2023 at 16:25, ithuriel said:

Just started Vikings, six seasons in total?

Did not realise that the guy who played the lead Viking in the 13th Warrior was in this.

loosely follows actual viking stories to so be careful of spoilers if you google it. 

It is great though, graphic and pretty gory throughout though. 

On 08/03/2023 at 12:52, rico said:

Been blitzing Unforgotten on ITVX, really good series 

Unforgotten was ok but the ITVX platform is terrible (unless user error) it doesn't allow you to skip through ads (i know that's what's paying for the service but still) mine doesn't seem to remember where i left a program off either & if midway through it would force me to start from the beginning which is a pain but doubled because whilst it will allow me to fast forward through the program itself to catch up it will stop at the ads forcing you to watch before freeing you to fast forward when the program starts again. Pick up where you left off should be that!
Also if belt feeding a series other platforms will skip the "previously on" catch up bit they do & go straight into next episode this not only gives a previously on section your also forced to watch the damn ads prior to the catch up grrr.

The whole platform is to clunky to enjoy...unless of course i'm a techno biff & its user error :ph34r:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

was thinking exactly that, one of the worst and most graphic things i have seen on a TV show ! 

Yep very impressive ..  I always get my meals on time and nicely cooked nowadays  ..  Mrs CF has seen what will happen if she ever slips up ..   :ph34r:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Unforgotten was ok but the ITVX platform is terrible (unless user error) it doesn't allow you to skip through ads (i know that's what's paying for the service but still) mine doesn't seem to remember where i left a program off either & if midway through it would force me to start from the beginning which is a pain but doubled because whilst it will allow me to fast forward through the program itself to catch up it will stop at the ads forcing you to watch before freeing you to fast forward when the program starts again. Pick up where you left off should be that!
Also if belt feeding a series other platforms will skip the "previously on" catch up bit they do & go straight into next episode this not only gives a previously on section your also forced to watch the damn ads prior to the catch up grrr.

The whole platform is to clunky to enjoy...unless of course i'm a techno biff & its user error :ph34r:

The old ITV hub was the same, it's hit and miss if it remembers where you are I find.

If you scroll down to the episode you were halfway through, rather than pressing play from the top, there should be a feint line on the box where the picture is, if you select play from here it should start from where you left off, but as I said, we find it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

loosely follows actual viking stories to so be careful of spoilers if you google it. 

It is great though, graphic and pretty gory throughout though. 

Yeah my mate at work was saying the same, also said there was a sister series that follows the English side of the story, will watch that after Vikings. :)

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Watched a programme the other night about an honour killing of a young girl called Banaz ..  it really got to me and played on my mind for quite a while afterwards ..  in the end after going to the police on several occasions and trying to run away she resigned herself to the fact she was going to die ..  she allowed herself to be taken back to her family and was duly murdered (horrifically) and buried in a suitcase ..  no one in the family or in the wider community helped the police with their inquiries ..  no one. Her sin  .. falling in love. 

Just staggering ..  

Interesting. Which platform/channel?

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Interesting. Which platform/channel?

I can’t remember now ..  it wasn’t the dramatised version with Keeley Hawes but a documentary with the real police involved.  It’s on You tube as well though ..