Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

21 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Trying the Hot Zone on D+

I went to start this last night and I jumped straight into season 2 first when I saw it was about the Anthrax attacks

I have listed to a few podcasts on it so I couldn't resist haha

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I went to start this last night and I jumped straight into season 2 first when I saw it was about the Anthrax attacks

I just remember seeing something about a cancelled Ridley Scott movie around the time Outbreak was made so a series was made in its place:dunno: but it is interesting so far, not got to the second season yet :)

On 06/03/2023 at 17:40, kingcarr21 said:

Yea I really enjoyed Demon Slayer. Visually beautiful. Waiting for the next season.

I'll look at fate/zero. Please give me some more recommendations as I am still new to the anime scene

Do not know if you have watched it but Kill la kill, from the same creative team that made Gurren Lagann though at a different  studio, about high school students, sentient clothes, an alien conspiracy and nudity oh, and the OST is awesome

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Do not know if you have watched it but Kill la kill, from the same creative team that made Gurren Lagann though at a different  studio, about high school students, sentient clothes, an alien conspiracy and nudity oh, and the OST is awesome

Keep the recommendations coming. I started Fate/Zero but only got 5 mins in before falling asleep. Prob shouldn't start it at 11pm sat on the sofa lol once I've watched tomorrow's AOT and My Hero Academia I'll jump back onto Fall/Zero

James May is doing India next in Amazon's "Our man in..." travel series.

May is a fantastic presenter!

Looking forward to that one!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Keep the recommendations coming. I started Fate/Zero but only got 5 mins in before falling asleep. Prob shouldn't start it at 11pm sat on the sofa lol once I've watched tomorrow's AOT and My Hero Academia I'll jump back onto Fall/Zero

Plus the start is very slow going, setting the rules, characters etc.,

Some shows can be a slow burn in the first few episodes, others shows just go high octane from the start and others can be slow paced for half a season before going from first gear to 200mph lol   and then you get some that are episodic but with an over all arc like Cowboy Bebop.

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

James May is doing India next in Amazon's "Our man in..." travel series.

May is a fantastic presenter!

Looking forward to that one!

I was reading just this page, got to this post and thought... What's James May doing presenting anime? lol

I've only just got up. :P

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The first season is about Ebola Zaire in an animal testing facility, interesting stuff.

18 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Plus the start is very slow going, setting the rules, characters etc.,

Some shows can be a slow burn in the first few episodes, others shows just go high octane from the start and others can be slow paced for half a season before going from first gear to 200mph lol   and then you get some that are episodic but with an over all arc like Cowboy Bebop.

Well I didn't realise that Attack on Titan was only going to be 2 episodes and we now have to wait until Autumn for the conclusion. Gutted

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Well I didn't realise that Attack on Titan was only going to be 2 episodes and we now have to wait until Autumn for the conclusion. Gutted

Do not know why on AoT is being dragged out on the ending, production issues due to being a different studio etc., or the network but it is a bit ridiculous, a bit like the finale to Evangelion that  took ages before the final movie hit and you have to have Amazon Prime.

On 09/03/2023 at 13:24, BKLFox said:

Unforgotten was ok but the ITVX platform is terrible (unless user error) it doesn't allow you to skip through ads (i know that's what's paying for the service but still) mine doesn't seem to remember where i left a program off either & if midway through it would force me to start from the beginning which is a pain but doubled because whilst it will allow me to fast forward through the program itself to catch up it will stop at the ads forcing you to watch before freeing you to fast forward when the program starts again. Pick up where you left off should be that!
Also if belt feeding a series other platforms will skip the "previously on" catch up bit they do & go straight into next episode this not only gives a previously on section your also forced to watch the damn ads prior to the catch up grrr.

The whole platform is to clunky to enjoy...unless of course i'm a techno biff & its user error :ph34r:

ITV Max Premium gets rid of the ads. Costs £60 a year but worth it to get rid of ads. 

I’ve not had a problem with finding my way back to where I left off watching, but the platform isn’t as good as iPlayer. 

Watching series 5 of Unforgotten at the moment and it’s very good.

• Like 1

Finished season one of The Hot Zone, was interesting to see the pics of the real colonels at the end and the fact that they still do not know where that strain of Ebola originated but they were damned lucky, going to start season two with the Anthrax story.

Edited by ithuriel

A splendid season finale for The Last of Us.

The only weakness I can spot with the series overall did pop up again though and that is pacing; it really could have stood from being 15 minutes longer to make the finale just that bit more meaningful.

And now that the season is over, I'd repeat the criticism that there were things they didn't need to cover and did and things they should have covered in more depth to add characterisation and didn't.

But it's still been superb.

• Like 1

I do feel The Last of Us could have done with 1 or 2 more episodes, or even just some of the episodes being a bit longer

Nice to see Craig Mazin has noted about how one of the main criticisms is that there should probably have been a few more encounters with the infected as well

Overall I still absolutely loved it, nice to finally have a really good adaptation of a game that respects the source material rather than the crap we got with Halo, Resident Evil, Uncharted etc.

Now the 2-3 years wait or whatever it is for Season 2

• Like 1