Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Mandolorian Episode 3 - A crap attempt at an Andor episode. 

Started well, then they down geared, weird to throw the pacing out after the first two episodes, can only guess it is for some kind of big reveal or twist later on :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Started well, then they down geared, weird to throw the pacing out after the first two episodes, can only guess it is for some kind of big reveal or twist later on :dunno:

Reminding us about Moff Gideon probably...?

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Reminding us about Moff Gideon probably...?

Perhaps but considering we are getting Ashoka soonish and they showed the space whales in hyperspace in ep.1 maybe more than Gideon, just have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

This was really interesting on Netflix. Can't believe it was nine years ago that this happened.

I've been watching this over the last couple of evenings. 

Fascinating. Conspiracy theories abound. 

The guy who said he found the "flaperon" was quite odd.

And still no answers.

Edited by Parafox

I just finished watching Endeavour on ITV-X. It was the final three episodes of the last series - whole thing started about ten years ago. It was set at the time of my misspent youth, so interesting for that reason alone, but I liked the way in which the main characters grew into their roles. Very enjoyable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

I've been watching this over the last couple of evenings. 

Fascinating. Conspiracy theories abound. 

The guy who said he found the "flaperon" was quite odd.

And still no answers.

Very silly filling it with conspiracy stuff IMO. I know we don’t know what happened, but it loses credibility at times with some of the stuff.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2023 at 22:40, Paninistickers said:

More or less zero evidence that the pilot was at risk of mental instability. 

A genuine nice guy, no skeletons, an aviation geek, no religious fanaticism nor family problems.  The investigation wanted to pin it on him but couldn't get evidence at all to build a case.

Agreed. Watched this and it seems completely implausible that the plane could have continued flying for multiple hours and not be sighted.

The other 2 theories are interesting, the American one sounds quite believable with everything else factored in.

Watched Better on iPlayer: it was billed as the Happy Valley replacement - police drama about a female DCI, set in Yorkshire. However, although the premise was interesting (bent copper going straight) it was actually a waste of time. Pity.

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed. Watched this and it seems completely implausible that the plane could have continued flying for multiple hours and not be sighted.

The other 2 theories are interesting, the American one sounds quite believable with everything else factored in.

Sort of believable.

The jamming of the signal is very much something that could have happened - however, I think what would have followed was the plane then being shot down by the US.  Not simply allowing it to continue flying.

27 minutes ago, marbles said:

Sort of believable.

The jamming of the signal is very much something that could have happened - however, I think what would have followed was the plane then being shot down by the US.  Not simply allowing it to continue flying.

I thought the French journalist woman came across well in the first two episodes, then she went a bit bat shit in the third with the whole dodgy cargo/US shooting it down theory.

Obama was in office then and I'd be amazed if he signed off on the murder of 239 innocent people (however dangerous that cargo was supposed to be)

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I thought the French journalist woman came across well in the first two episodes, then she went a bit bat shit in the third with the whole dodgy cargo/US shooting it down theory.

Obama was in office then and I'd be amazed if he signed off on the murder of 239 innocent people (however dangerous that cargo was supposed to be)

Fair point, but I can’t get my head around a plane flying for 8 hours and not being seen by any radar.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I could be remembering her theory wrong - thought she said the US planes flew away and it landed in China.

As for Obama, I would also like to think he would be above that.  However, I think an operation like that could, and has taken place without prior knowledge of the President - plausible deniability.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Fair point, but I can’t get my head around a plane flying for 8 hours and not being seen by any radar.

Me neither. There was clearly an issue with the planes comms, whether they malfunctioned or were jammed. 

None of it adds up or makes any sense. It must be torture for the families.

I thought the Malaysian authorities came out of it all looking like complete amateurs.

I wonder if we'll ever find out the truth.......

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 14:14, LanguedocFox said:

Watched Better on iPlayer: it was billed as the Happy Valley replacement - police drama about a female DCI, set in Yorkshire. However, although the premise was interesting (bent copper going straight) it was actually a waste of time. Pity.

Ah! Cheers for that. :glare:

Mrs. FFF and I watched the first two episodes last night. We thought it had promise.

Does it tail off?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

On 16/03/2023 at 22:40, Paninistickers said:

More or less zero evidence that the pilot was at risk of mental instability. 

A genuine nice guy, no skeletons, an aviation geek, no religious fanaticism nor family problems.  The investigation wanted to pin it on him but couldn't get evidence at all to build a case.

Not seen the Netflix doc so can't comment, but 're the flights captain.

Didn't they find what they believe was the flights deviated route, programmed into the simulator he had at home? Also, the route took the jet over the islands where he grew up.

At least that's what I've read elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Not seen the Netflix doc so can't comment, but 're the flights captain.

Didn't they find what they believe was the flights deviated route, programmed into the simulator he had at home? Also, the route took the jet over the islands where he grew up.

At least that's what I've read elsewhere.

The “supposed” route on his sim was not the same route, and was revealed to have been found by the FBI until over a year after the took his stuff - adding to the theories that the US was involved,

Plus, the route they claim he took flew directly over a US military base.  Something that would never be allowed to happen.