Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

13 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Soccer AM has finally been put out of its misery it seems. I happened upon an episode a few months back and it was a shadow of its former self. I actually don’t blame the presenters but it was apparently they didn’t have any budget, it was very sad.

I actually have tremendous memories of this growing up in the late 90’s/early 00’s. I believe it used to be 3 hours long and be an awesome start to the weekend. I understand it hasn’t aged well, due to its lads culture vibe but it used to be ace. Bits were genuinely funny, good music and of course football.

If you’ll indulge me a little nostalgia trip, it takes me back to a brilliant, innocent time in my life. When I was doing my A-levels, this show was probably at its peak 2003/04ish and I used to work late Friday night then have Saturdays free. I used to wake up, put this on, watch until 12. Quick shower and then out to watch the lunchtime kick off with my mates in the pub. Bets on first scorer, round of killer pool, loads of beer, just a great time of youth. Bit of tangent but when I heard Soccer AM had been scrapped my mind immediately went back to those days :)

Dreadful show was okay in 90s and early 00s but the last 15 years of utter crap. Honestly show is embarrassing and become too much like a very poor CITV show. Thank god we won't see Jimmy Bullard again. Just hope he doesn't rock up on Soccer Saturday.

20 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Next series is cancelled/indefinitely postponed. 

Never did see any updates on what happened or confirmation Fred was OK. Article states support work continued recovery, so doesn't sound great. 

BBC News - Top Gear filming halted after Freddie Flintoff accident
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65056723

Probably time to pack it in.

What did everyone think of Ozark final episode?

Recently watched it after giving up halfway through because I couldn't be arsed with it, but I thought it was absolute shite!

15 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Finally caught up with Picard. Just seems to get better and better. First season was carried by nostalgia but the second was excellent and this one is shaping up to be even better. 

You wait until you've seen episode 6.  It's like a finely aged wine.  Perfection.  Absolutely outstanding this week.  Just when you think you've guessed where it's going, it throws something else back at you.  Could watch it back to back to take it all in but it's getting late lol

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You wait until you've seen episode 6.  It's like a finely aged wine.  Perfection.  Absolutely outstanding this week.  Just when you think you've guessed where it's going, it throws something else back at you.  Could watch it back to back to take it all in but it's getting late lol

God damn, you're not wrong! :D

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 09:17, Innovindil said:

Finally caught up with Picard. Just seems to get better and better. First season was carried by nostalgia but the second was excellent and this one is shaping up to be even better. 

I've watched the first 3 episodes over the last few nights, was a big fan back in the day of TLG, don't know why it's taken me so long to get round to it but really enjoying it thus far. 

On 23/03/2023 at 07:59, Leicesterpool said:

Dreadful show was okay in 90s and early 00s but the last 15 years of utter crap. Honestly show is embarrassing and become too much like a very poor CITV show. Thank god we won't see Jimmy Bullard again. Just hope he doesn't rock up on Soccer Saturday.

Even at its 'peak' Tim Lovejoy was a massive bellend - was ok in spite of him.

Amazed it has lasted this long, thought it would have disappeared with the print version of FHM and bootcut jeans

Lockwood & Co on Netflix. Made by Joe Cornish it's about a new problem the world has with ghosts and spirits appearing. Young kids/teens can sense and fight them so get employed by agencies to find and destroy them. 

Was alright. I liked the cast and the story was half decent. Only 8 episodes so a quick and easy watch. 

On 27/03/2023 at 11:16, Babylon said:

The night agent on Netflix is cracking TV as well, some silly bits, but generally a decent mystery that certainly keeps you guessing. 

Just finished it, well worth a watch. One of the best things I've seen on Netflix, if a bit contrived in places. The mystery doesn't really reveal itself until the final episode. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Just finished it, well worth a watch. One of the best things I've seen on Netflix, if a bit contrived in places. The mystery doesn't really reveal itself until the final episode. 

I got the last episode planned for tonight it is a bit cheesy in places & has a beta-max cast, i only recognised the T-1000 straight away, a few others had me thinking what have i seen them in before, but yeah pretty decent storyline with some twists.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I got the last episode planned for tonight it is a bit cheesy in places & has a beta-max cast, i only recognised the T-1000 straight away, a few others had me thinking what have i seen them in before, but yeah pretty decent storyline with some twists.

Watched 2 episodes and hooked, really good so far.

• Like 1

A few series i've watched recently

A Town Called Malice - 80's set series from Nick Love tying to replicate The Business,great music and look but all style and no substance , didnt need to be 8 episodes long 6/10

Redemption - all episodes available on ITVX, crime series set in Dublin about a mother investigating the death of her daughter, very good 8/10

The Gold - True story about the largest gold robbery in the 80's , again very good 8/10 

Double episodes this week of The Bad Batch, after some more filler episodes this two parter was damned good if you like your animated Star Wars fix, what with the Mandalorian it's been a good week for Star Wars :)

Edited by ithuriel

15 hours ago, rico said:

A few series i've watched recently

A Town Called Malice - 80's set series from Nick Love tying to replicate The Business,great music and look but all style and no substance , didnt need to be 8 episodes long 6/10

Redemption - all episodes available on ITVX, crime series set in Dublin about a mother investigating the death of her daughter, very good 8/10

The Gold - True story about the largest gold robbery in the 80's , again very good 8/10 

Just started The Gold, excellent so far. 

Have Redemption waiting, good to hear both are recommended. 

• Like 1