Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Blue lights on BBC iPlayer is top top viewing ..  6 episodes and we’ve just watched 3 & 4 ..  last two tomorrow.  Gripping stuff ..  can’t wait ..  (so far) highly recommended. 

Finished it tonight ..  brilliant ! ..  best police series for quite a while ..  definitely highly recommended. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Talk about being fvcking brainwashed! Proper fruitloop lol 

Yeah normally I've got a lot more sympathy. I've seen loads of these things on former cults and usually the survivors they have on have obviously had enough time in wider society to process a little and realise what happened to them. 

She just full on still believes. I think at a certain point I lose a little bit of sympathy. She's just a willing religious fundamentalist. 

It's genuinely a little bit terrifying that she's out there roaming free. Although apparently she lives in Florida so I'm sure she fits right in. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah normally I've got a lot more sympathy. I've seen loads of these things on former cults and usually the survivors they have on have obviously had enough time in wider society to process a little and realise what happened to them. 

She just full on still believes. I think at a certain point I lose a little bit of sympathy. She's just a willing religious fundamentalist. 

It's genuinely a little bit terrifying that she's out there roaming free. Although apparently she lives in Florida so I'm sure she fits right in. 

Honestly mate makes you wonder if her being in the fire would of been best for society lol 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 21:12, Countryfox said:

Blue lights on BBC iPlayer is top top viewing ..  6 episodes and we’ve just watched 3 & 4 ..  last two tomorrow.  Gripping stuff ..  can’t wait ..  (so far) highly recommended. 

Watched the first 2 episodes, really good shout out.

• Like 1

Watching this what absolutely baffles me about Waco is that, for a lot of Americans, it seems to have been a justification FOR guns and militias. The whole "we need to have guns to protect ourselves from our own tyrannical government" narrative really seemed to gain traction after Mt Carmel. There's no getting away from it, the FBI in particular absolutely bungled it, sure. 

But the whole thing happens BECAUSE of how easy it was for a group of absolute crazies to get their hands on and stockpile a massive amount of weapons. They had fvcking m60 machine guns, a 50 cal tank-busting Barrett and a lifetime supply of bloody hand grenades with a psychopath cult leader who wanted them all to go out in a blaze of glory.

Waco isn't an argument for everyone to have guns, its a great argument for why nobody should. Absolutely nuts.

Edited by Finnegan

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Watching this what absolutely baffles me about Waco is that, for a lot of Americans, it seems to have been a justification FOR guns and militias. The whole "we need to have guns to protect ourselves from our own tyrannical government" narrative really seemed to gain traction after Mt Carmel. There's no getting away from it, the FBI in particular absolutely bungled it, sure. 

But the whole thing happens BECAUSE of how easy it was for a group of absolute crazies to get their hands on and stockpile a massive amount of weapons. They had fvcking m60 machine guns, a 50 cal tank-busting Barrett and a lifetime supply of bloody hand grenades with a psychopath cult leader who wanted them all to go out in a blaze of glory.

Waco isn't an argument for everyone to have guns, its a great argument for why nobody should. Absolutely nuts.

It's an issue with the entire national psyche. Not sure how you get round that.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's an issue with the entire national psyche. Not sure how you get round that.

I absolutely 100% cannot fathom why people should be allowed to purchase (on a whim and with no checking) a military assault rifle ..  and no one can stop it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Kathy-Schroeder-now.jpg

Absolute fvcking maniac. 

I thought the special forces sniper guy was equally as unhinged. Crazy eyes 

Why did they keep snapping team photos throughout the siege?

Edited by EnderbyFox

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I thought the special forces sniper guy was equally as unhinged. Crazy eyes 

I think you've got to be a particular sort of person to aspire to have a career as a sniper. 

He fits the profile.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think you've got to be a particular sort of person to aspire to have a career as a sniper. 

He fits the profile.

Psychopath with a penchant for collecting heads?

Of course I'm sure there's probably a better medical term.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Psychopath with a penchant for collecting heads?

Of course I'm sure there's probably a better medical term.

A very necessary sort of evil

You don’t have to like it, but you gotta be thankful for it.

On 01/04/2023 at 21:12, Countryfox said:

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

It gets better as you go along ..  

Started watching over the weekend. Really good. Great dark humour, suspenseful and well written. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, marbles said:

A very necessary sort of evil

You don’t have to like it, but you gotta be thankful for it.

Nah, I can not like it and think that we are a fvcked-up species for still thinking it's any kind of necessity, thanks. Because that's true IMO.

8 hours ago, marbles said:

23wu5p.jpg

Ha! Well, the guy I quoted also did say "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others that have been tried", which is also true IMO.

If you don't think that people like that woman holding equal or sometimes even disproportionate political voting power compared to,say, a doctor or virologist or care worker with a proven track record doesn't illustrate a key flaw in a democratic and/or republic system, then I don't quite believe you.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Nah, I can not like it and think that we are a fvcked-up species for still thinking it's any kind of necessity, thanks. Because that's true IMO.

Ha! Well, the guy I quoted also did say "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others that have been tried", which is also true IMO.

If you don't think that people like that woman holding equal or sometimes even disproportionate political voting power compared to,say, a doctor or virologist or care worker with a proven track record doesn't illustrate a key flaw in a democratic and/or republic system, then I don't quite believe you.

Ahh, but who decides which opinions people must have in order to be allowed a say?

Just because someone has an unpopular or really stupid opinion, does not mean they should not have a vote.

Doesnt matter if you believe me, but I have said practically the same thing many times on here,
She is a vile human being, but I believe she has a right to be vile.  She also has a right to vote.  If we start taking away those rights, how long before they get to ones you believe in?

Because it will happen.

As a society we are way past picking and choosing who has a say.  Just like we are way past deciding that certain peoples opinions are worth more than others, based on stature, skin color or sex - personally I have no desire to revisit those days.

Edited by marbles

3 minutes ago, marbles said:

Ahh, but who decides which opinions people must have in order to be allowed a say?

Just because someone has an unpopular or really stupid opinion, does not mean they should not have a vote.

Doesnt matter if you believe me, but I have said practically the same thing many times on here,
She is a vile human being, but I believe she has a right to be vile.  She also has a right to vote.  If we start taking away those rights, how long before they get to ones you believe in?

Because it will happen.

As a society we are way past picking and choosing who has a say.  Just like we are way past deciding that certain peoples opinions are worth more than others - personally have no desire to revisit those days.

I agree that you can't and shouldn't take away peoples right and/or vote to be arseholes, as that is a slippery slope.

But I raise the point again, and I would hope you might agree, that such a viewpoint does still have flaws that are already apparent and may become more so in the future.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I agree that you can't and shouldn't take away peoples right and/or vote to be arseholes, as that is a slippery slope.

But I raise the point again, and I would hope you might agree, that such a viewpoint does still have flaws that are already apparent and may become more so in the future.

We both agree there are flaws, I just think we disagree on what those flaws are.  It happens.

On 22/03/2023 at 09:21, TamworthFoxes said:

No not at all, if I had done nothing wrong I would tell my version of events. It would be ludicrous to sit there and say no comment. Saying no comment does make you look guilty I assure you.

You would be happy for 100 guilty men to go free, wow. You must love the British justice system at the minute.  I’d be willing to risk the one innocent man convicted as in your system and the current one he would have got away with 100 offences before that anyway.

How about if YOU are the one innocent locked up for life?