Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 13/04/2023 at 13:30, leicsmac said:

HP is a cash cow with countless millions ready to spend no matter what and will be for some time, so I can see why they've done this.

It doesn't stop it being a merely fair to middling work of fiction in terms of quality though and not a patch on, say, Discworld.

I wish Pratchett had half of the success as the (average to dogshit) HP books / films.

The guy was a genius who has a hardcore faithful but deserved so much more exposure, despite being as successful as he was.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I wish Pratchett had half of the success as the (average to dogshit) HP books / films.

The guy was a genius who has a hardcore faithful but deserved so much more exposure, despite being as successful as he was.

Agreed. I read the entire Discworld series again recently and they are brilliant. Definitely deserves more mainstream success than just the few Sky specials and The Watch series that have been done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. I read the entire Discworld series again recently and they are brilliant. Definitely deserves more mainstream success than just the few Sky specials and The Watch series that have been done. 

Yep, absolutely.

He satirised and focused on key social issues in his writing in a way that Rowling could only dream of, too.

The first Harry potter film came out 22 years ago, by the time this starts it'll be 25 years. There will be a whole generation of young kids with no awareness of it and will have parents that don't necessarily want to go into the darker themes of later books. A new series will allow another generation of kids to grow up alongside the story and get older as the story progresses.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

The first Harry potter film came out 22 years ago, by the time this starts it'll be 25 years. There will be a whole generation of young kids with no awareness of it and will have parents that don't necessarily want to go into the darker themes of later books. A new series will allow another generation of kids to grow up alongside the story and get older as the story progresses.

Darker themes of the later books? I remember reading Chamber of Secrets as a kid in the back of the car going on holiday to France and being sh!t scared to put my feet down as it got dark incase there was a Bailisk lurking under the car seats lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why do acts for ‘Britain’s got talent’ come from other parts of the world to perform?   They simply aren’t! 

surely we should have a show called ‘the worlds got talent’  ! 

Because there is no talent in Britain?

Just my guess.

:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why do acts for ‘Britain’s got talent’ come from other parts of the world to perform?   They simply aren’t! 

It just annoys me how staged it all is. The choir act when everyone in the crowd was part of it. So they just happened to all be sat next to each other in perfect seats behind the judges. Ok then. 

Shows been done to death now 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn't worry about it mate, it's only Britains got talent 

I love watching MasterChef but this year's season has started diabolically.

It's become a personality driven venture, I fear, with the same archetypes being given the nod. 

Episode 3 they've invited a vegetarian on to judge with no brief to cook veggie food. Seemingly pointless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I love watching MasterChef but this year's season has started diabolically.

It's become a personality driven venture, I fear, with the same archetypes being given the nod. 

Episode 3 they've invited a vegetarian on to judge with no brief to cook veggie food. Seemingly pointless.

That Vanessa woman was lucky to go through IMO. Ignored both briefs and got lucky with a nice tasting dish in the last one. 

21 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Episode 9 of Picard was magnificent.  The whole series has been brilliant with only a couple of episodes (7 and 8) slightly below the high bar set by the others.  Such a shame there is only one episode left!  :nono:

Even when the reveal at the end of the episode is so obvious, it still spreads tingles. What a moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

That Vanessa woman was lucky to go through IMO. Ignored both briefs and got lucky with a nice tasting dish in the last one. 

They want her through because she ticks a box or two they're wanting to tick.

They let go a decent chef or two in the first episode to keep in the wacky big guy because he ticked a box.

It's sad because the show used to be literally about food.