Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 29/04/2023 at 09:22, Izzy said:

SEPTEMBER!!!!

Can't wait for this. Gonna have to watch all previous series again beforehand.

Top Boy is right up there as one of the best U.K. series ever IMO

Totally agree, made the mistake first time around of starting with the Netflix series 1 when instead I needed to start with Top Boy Summerhouse. 

The new series is for all intense and purposes series 5, not 3, the first 2 series had more or less the same cast and were just as good, giving the viewer to see how Deshane ane Sulley started their life as drug dealers.

So anyone who’s not watched Top Boy yet, start with Top Boy Summerhouse and not Top Boy season 1. 

I hope this makes sense 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Totally agree, made the mistake first time around of starting with the Netflix series 1 when instead I needed to start with Top Boy Summerhouse. 

The new series is for all intense and purposes series 5, not 3, the first 2 series had more or less the same cast and were just as good, giving the viewer to see how Deshane ane Sulley started their life as drug dealers.

So anyone who’s not watched Top Boy yet, start with Top Boy Summerhouse and not Top Boy season 1. 

I hope this makes sense 😂 

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I agree with @Izzy I can’t think of many UK tv series’ better than Top Boy. Just great television and it’ll be a shame when it’s over 

Sounds good.

I'll give this a go after Antiques Roadshow. lol

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

Thoughts on the latest series of Ted Lasso so far? I think it’s absolutely fantastic and one of the most enjoyable things to watch on TV at the moment. The character development has been excellent and it’s very heartwarming!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Samu said:

Thoughts on the latest series of Ted Lasso so far? I think it’s absolutely fantastic and one of the most enjoyable things to watch on TV at the moment. The character development has been excellent and it’s very heartwarming!

I've never seen Ted Lasso but sounds like I need to.

What channel is it on?

2 hours ago, Samu said:

Loving it as always. Some of the football is a bit silly but we don't really watch it for that do we? 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Frankie Boyle farewell to the monarchy on channel 4 hilarious stuff!

A latter day The Clash of comedians; as in he’s the only one (currently) who matters. Comedy, like art, should be a vehicle for comment on society and life - it has to hold a mirror up or it serves no purpose other than being pointless ephemera. Boyle is a one-line gag dagger into the hypocritical and banal heart of Britishness. 

Watching The Night Agent on netflix, it's ok and I'm enjoying it but it's getting more and more ridiculous by the episode lol

On episode 9 right now.

Edited by Tuna

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly cannot wait for the new season of Always Sunny!!

Fu1xit0XoAA1vIa?format=jpg&name=medium

I keep thinking about starting, but there are so many season now.. i wonder if its all too late and the early seasons will be so dated that i wont get it.

On 29/04/2023 at 09:22, Izzy said:

SEPTEMBER!!!!

Can't wait for this. Gonna have to watch all previous series again beforehand.

Top Boy is right up there as one of the best U.K. series ever IMO

Defo agree.

Top notch and abit dark at times.

Will need to watch the last few episodes as I remember  someone getting shot at the end

41 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Nearly finished S2, sensational viewing!

its almost sad, but ive reached the point that i will just put it on in the background...like a favourite record and will end up "watching" hours at a time.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I keep thinking about starting, but there are so many season now.. i wonder if its all too late and the early seasons will be so dated that i wont get it.

I'd watch a few taster episodes to see if it's your thing or not, then start from the beginning. I'd personally recommend:

Season 7 Episode 1 - Frank's Pretty Woman

Season 6 Episode 3 - The Gang Buys A Boat

Season 9 Episode 3 - The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award

Season 5 Episode 12 - The Gang Reignites The Rivalry

Season 7 Episode 9 - The Gang Gets Trapped

Everyone will have their favourites but the above five are a good way to introduce you to the characters, their flaws, their awful behaviour, their ridiculous schemes and the utterly hilarious nature of the show. 

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'd watch a few taster episodes to see if it's your thing or not, then start from the beginning. I'd personally recommend:

Season 7 Episode 1 - Frank's Pretty Woman

Season 6 Episode 3 - The Gang Buys A Boat

Season 9 Episode 3 - The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award

Season 5 Episode 12 - The Gang Reignites The Rivalry

Season 7 Episode 9 - The Gang Gets Trapped

Everyone will have their favourites but the above five are a good way to introduce you to the characters, their flaws, their awful behaviour, their ridiculous schemes and the utterly hilarious nature of the show. 

@ozleicester added another one because it's ****ing elite lol 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 00:19, marbles said:

Finally got started on Snowfall - knocked out season 1 in 2 days, and am halfway season 2

No characters with redeeming qualities, but still very entertaining 

Hell of a series, finished it at the weekend.