Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Went through all of Always Sunny the last few months, having never watched it previously. Once it got it's hooks in, I found it to be genuinely one of the funniest series I've watched.

Been watching 'Catastrophe' on Netflix the past couple of weeks. Really enjoying it and would definitely recommend if anyones looking for a comedy.

On 17/05/2023 at 19:29, samlcfc said:

Went through all of Always Sunny the last few months, having never watched it previously. Once it got it's hooks in, I found it to be genuinely one of the funniest series I've watched.

Been watching 'Catastrophe' on Netflix the past couple of weeks. Really enjoying it and would definitely recommend if anyones looking for a comedy.

Virtually everyone I know who has the same sense of humour as me loves it, likewise anyone who enjoys similar series, but I can’t get into Always Sunny and I absolutely don’t know why, I should love it but it just bypasses me. US Office exactly the same. I don’t hate either and i know they’re both objective good but I just can’t sink into it like I could Parks and Rec or Silicon Valley for example.

Catastrophe though is absolutely phenomenal, was chuffed to see it rear it’s head on Netflix so I could work through it again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Virtually everyone I know who has the same sense of humour as me loves it, likewise anyone who enjoys similar series, but I can’t get into Always Sunny and I absolutely don’t know why, I should love it but it just bypasses me. US Office exactly the same. I don’t hate either and i know they’re both objective good but I just can’t sink into it like I could Parks and Rec or Silicon Valley for example.

I'm exactly the same with those two. Though I don't like Parks & Rec either. 

I'm more of a Community man. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I'm exactly the same with those two. Though I don't like Parks & Rec either. 

I'm more of a Community man. 

Parks and Rec proper suffers from the first season being very very average I think, can get why people don’t get into it but the cast is perfect for me. 

Silicon Valley though is the best Yank comedy I think I’ve ever watched for ups and downs throughout, every ~22 min episode is just overflowing with *stuff* and absolutely no filler at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Parks and Rec proper suffers from the first season being very very average I think, can get why people don’t get into it but the cast is perfect for me. 

Silicon Valley though is the best Yank comedy I think I’ve ever watched for ups and downs throughout, every ~22 min episode is just overflowing with *stuff* and absolutely no filler at all

One of the greatest ever scenes, with no Jian Yang involved either which makes it even more impressive

• Haha 1

One of my favourite US comedies in The League, which is about a fantasy football league where they do their own drafts and play for their own homemade trophies. 

There isn't too much American Football in it tbf, it's the banter between all the friends which makes it. And Jason Manzukis playing a completely unhinged nutcase is one of the funniest roles I've ever seen in any sitcom. He's superb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

One of my favourite US comedies in The League, which is about a fantasy football league where they do their own drafts and play for their own homemade trophies. 

There isn't too much American Football in it tbf, it's the banter between all the friends which makes it. And Jason Manzukis playing a completely unhinged nutcase is one of the funniest roles I've ever seen in any sitcom. He's superb. 

Loved this, although only ever gave it the one run through and never got round to doing it again. Superb though, ever see that Creep film with Mark Duplass in it, couldn't be any different but he plays it so well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Loved this, although only ever gave it the one run through and never got round to doing it again. Superb though, ever see that Creep film with Mark Duplass in it, couldn't be any different but he plays it so well.

I know which film you mean but never watched it. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 20:29, Wymsey said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but am glad that Ant and Dec are set for a break away from the screen.

Feel like their shelf life was past their best a while ago tbh.

The format and content of their shows has become stale. Saturday Night Takeaway was just a platform for advertising by the sponsors.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The League is class and Mantzoukas is absolutely class in any role he plays. So good in P&R and Brooklyn-99 man

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Workaholics I've watched repeatedly, although it's definitely in the you'll either love or hate it category. Can't see many people being indifferent about it. 

Similarly, we keep watching Motherland repeats. These are shows that never seem to age.

• Like 1

The Man Who Played With Fire on Sky at the moment is gripping stuff. 

A documentary series on the assassination of Olof Palme and following up on Steig Larsson of Dragon tattoo fame investigation into it. 

If you were a fan of those books, you’ll immediately note the crossover of the case and the stories 

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Open House. 

Honestly, govsmacked. 

Have whatever peccadillo you want - but to play it out on national TV when you have family and/or kids? Wow. 

It’s compulsive viewing. 

I just had to Google what that was.... 

fatherted-father.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I just had to Google what that was.... 

fatherted-father.gif

It’s not pervy, I watched it with the wife for purely psychological analytical reasons. I am the Desmond Morris of Channel 4 programming. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s not pervy, I watched it with the wife for purely psychological analytical reasons. I am the Desmond Morris of Channel 4 programming. 

Right laugh isn't it, both series are just full of folk who create content, but they make out like it's ground breaking. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Right laugh isn't it, both series are just full of folk who create content, but they make out like it's ground breaking. 

Thing is, they become so focussed on the sex they partially forget the cameras. Unlike anything else, you get to see the real people behind the play to camera - and the void that exists in their lives. 

The notion that every generation has that they are inventing sex is laid bare. The painful truth that sex without love is nothing more than a glorified wank howls at the screen. 

I’m staggered anyone signs up for this.