Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 14/05/2023 at 21:08, grth2004 said:

Finished Blue Lights today, started off thinking it was run of the mill but ended up being great , learned a lot about N. Ireland but it also had great characters I want to see again. 

Finished Blue Lights tonight and really enjoyed it. The only thing I learnt about NI was that I was right not to visit Belfast too often during my 12 years living there! Not sure what you learnt but it's not all like that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just finished succession. Very good but I’m kinda sad it’s ended 

Yeah gutted it's done. I feel like they could go further with the story and the characters but fair play for ending on a high. Excellent show and Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin and Sarah Snook all put in stellar performances

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Raj said:

Looking  for a decent crime thriller please?

Banshee is good if you fancy something not masively taxing, it's pretty graphic though. Also got round to watching that Raoul Moat drama on ITV which was decent. Or even documentary wise if you haven't seen it the Netflix series about The Night Stalker is very good.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not been a particularly strong couple of seasons for Inside No 9 save for some highlights but the finale was elite imo. IN9 at its best - funny, heartbreaking and then a beautifully sinister twist that flips it all on its head. Just brilliant. 

Yeah, it's been a bit off hasn't it but that last episode was superb. Also thought the Friday the 13th episode was pretty funny and although I didn't like the quiz episode as it seemed obvious something was going to happen like that, I like the reaction it probably got from unsuspecting viewers.

21 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Finished Blue Lights tonight and really enjoyed it. The only thing I learnt about NI was that I was right not to visit Belfast too often during my 12 years living there! Not sure what you learnt but it's not all like that. 

Yeah great series and will hopefully get another season. 
I worked a lot in Northern Ireland myself a few years ago but mainly in Derry, and the series taught me a lot about the police system and what they have to deal with, I’m sure some of it is sensationalism but

i bet the politics and ridiculous things they have to do had some truths. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Yeah great series and will hopefully get another season. 
I worked a lot in Northern Ireland myself a few years ago but mainly in Derry, and the series taught me a lot about the police system and what they have to deal with, I’m sure some of it is sensationalism but

i bet the politics and ridiculous things they have to do had some truths. 

The truth is often stranger than fiction. We were NW, near Derry and based on a few of the stories from my neighbour, who was a reasonably senior PSNI officer in Belfast,  I'd say that's true. 

A security threat forced him and the family to be relocated. Literally overnight, they disappeared. It was only 2018, so in very recent times, the situation is still volatile. 

• Like 1

I feel like there’s a big gaping hole in my life now Succession has finished. I binged all four series over the last three weeks and watched the final episode yesterday.

Right up there with BB and The Wire for me as best series ever.

No idea what to watch next as there’s no way it can top Succession.

Amazon prime - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14010168/

The Grphon

Popped up when i was looking for something to watch, its German made and dubbed which sucks, but really enjoying the story. Will not be to everyones tastes thats for sure, but if you can put up with dubbing and liked Stranger Things its a decent watch. 

On 01/06/2023 at 18:22, Izzy said:

I feel like there’s a big gaping hole in my life now Succession has finished. I binged all four series over the last three weeks and watched the final episode yesterday.

Right up there with BB and The Wire for me as best series ever.

No idea what to watch next as there’s no way it can top Succession.

Started watching last week after a few recomendations on here. Just binged the 1st x2 seasons and will start the 3rd probably after the weekend. Love the characters, just wow on so many assholes in 1 show Lol. 

On 30/05/2023 at 21:11, Raj said:

Looking  for a decent crime thriller please?

If you have Sky, try City On The Hill with Kevin Bacon, 2 series available at the min

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

If you have Sky, try City On The Hill with Kevin Bacon, 2 series available at the min

Is it good? I've watched the first 2 episodes a number of times since it aired but never got round to getting any further. I've done this with Gomorrah as well which I'm aware is class but can never find the time to get in to it properly

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Is it good? I've watched the first 2 episodes a number of times since it aired but never got round to getting any further. I've done this with Gomorrah as well which I'm aware is class but can never find the time to get in to it properly

I thought it was really good, just found out there is a S3 as well but not available yet

• Like 1

The Night Stalker.

Have the original series on disc, found the remake on Youtube which seems to have followed the original in being cancelled early?

Wonder if it will become such a cult classic as the original 

Can kind of see why it failed.

Kolchak the Night Stalker inspired the X-files, Carter even had McGavin do a guest appearance in a couple of episodes.

Carter did this remake of the Night Stalker more in the mould of the X-files, though it was kind of cool that he CGI'd McGavin in his Kolchak  role into this pilot.

Currently watching the second episode on Youtube and it does have more of an X-files vibe.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 2