Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 11/06/2023 at 01:38, ithuriel said:

The Night Stalker.

Have the original series on disc, found the remake on Youtube which seems to have followed the original in being cancelled early?

Wonder if it will become such a cult classic as the original 

Can kind of see why it failed.

Kolchak the Night Stalker inspired the X-files, Carter even had McGavin do a guest appearance in a couple of episodes.

Carter did this remake of the Night Stalker more in the mould of the X-files, though it was kind of cool that he CGI'd McGavin in his Kolchak  role into this pilot.

Currently watching the second episode on Youtube and it does have more of an X-files vibe.

Oh my goodness... my earlyteenage Fiday nights were filled with The Night Stalker and then if i was lucky a "Horror Marathon" :) 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just watched the first episode of the new series and it was one of the worst I’ve seen.

Actually thought that was 1 of the better 1s of this new season but still not amazing, just seems to be on a steady decline since Netflix got involved

30 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Actually thought that was 1 of the better 1s of this new season but still not amazing, just seems to be on a steady decline since Netflix got involved

Wait so that means they get worse. Shame as back in the day there was some amazing episodes 

Just completed the new season of Black Mirror. I felt it was a massive improvement on season 5 (although that's not saying much), and on par with season 4 (if you exclude 'Hang The DJ' which in my opinion is one of the best BM episodes of the whole series). 

I totally get the criticism of the series though. The ideas are still good but the lazy story telling is letting them down. Whilst I thought the new season wasn't bad, every single episode could have reached a more creative conclusion. The thought provoking messages that would challenge your thinking and used to be key to the series early on have been replaced with what feels like filler content. 

Assuming that there will be another season I do think the next will be make or break in terms of the future of the series. 

9 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Always thought black mirror episodes were either 10/10 or fairly awful. Season 4 had a couple of bangers but it’s been largely shit since then imo 

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but it was always an overhyped series for me, even the earlier series had some shite episodes and it's often extremely on the nose with its message because charlie brooker clearly thinks the audience are a bunch of idiots.

My take on Black Mirror is that it's disappeared up its backside with the 'twist'.

The first episodes were genuinely shocking when something was revealed but the social commentary has made way for the 'twist' at the entire products detriment.

Beyond the Sea is the only episode of Black Mirror this season that is decent.

The Pez Outlaw on Netflix. 

A weird but highly entertaining documentary about a weird eccentric guy from the US who collected and sold Pez dispensers and went over to Europe where they were made, to keep his fix going. 

No, me neither....!! But it has such an amusing way of telling the story using dramatic reconstructions using the main protagonist who plays himself. He's a complete OCD crazy guy but such a fun character to watch. 

A very entertaining watch. 

On 18/06/2023 at 09:02, foxile5 said:

My take on Black Mirror is that it's disappeared up its backside with the 'twist'.

The first episodes were genuinely shocking when something was revealed but the social commentary has made way for the 'twist' at the entire products detriment.

Beyond the Sea is the only episode of Black Mirror this season that is decent.

Just watched episode 4 :nigel: