Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Episodes 4 and 5 were not very good imo, didn't feel like black mirror at all and even with that just weren't all that enjoyable. 1 and 3 were pretty good and Loch Henry I absolutely loved. Underwhelming season, Charlie Brooker needs to up it, cut back on the stars and scope and just tell interesting, unexpected stories with a technological twist. 

• Like 2

On 18/06/2023 at 01:43, Daggers said:

This season Ep1 Black Mirror was completely mint. I’d fight people who disagree but then I’m already doing that somewhere. Only I’m Martin Sheen. On drugs. On TV. 

Watched this one again with the missus and on second viewing (enjoyed it well enough to begin with) the humour really grabbed me more and I liked it a lot more, first 2 eps were brilliant, just seems daft to front load the season with 3 good ones just to finish it with 2 duds. 

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

3 eps into Severance... this seems very very good. I hope it holds up.

2 hours ago, Hawkers said:

Really enjoyed this, final ep of season 1 is immense. Can’t wait for more

LOVE Severance. Phenomenal finale. Desperate for season 2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Started watching Bloodhounds last night on Netflix, @moore_94 & @rico either of you watched this? It's South Korean which is why I ask and we've discussed Train to Busan, All of us are Dead etc before.

Not seen but will have a look 

cheers

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I haven't actually, I've had it on my list since it came out though and never got round to it. Any good?

Obviously depends on your tastes but yeah I enjoyed it. Good mix of horror comedy and human drama. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously depends on your tastes but yeah I enjoyed it. Good mix of horror comedy and human drama. 

I find Korean horror films/series (actually most Korean dramas) are always excellent at having a likeable, jovial character but also managing to keeping the overall mood. Train to Busan has one, All of us are Dead is the same, as is this Bloodhounds show.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

On 18/06/2023 at 10:02, foxile5 said:

My take on Black Mirror is that it's disappeared up its backside with the 'twist'.

The first episodes were genuinely shocking when something was revealed but the social commentary has made way for the 'twist' at the entire products detriment.

Beyond the Sea is the only episode of Black Mirror this season that is decent.

I'm the opposite, I thought Beyond the Sea was completely silly and comfortably the worst episode of the new series. It's a stupid premise in the first case and the plot just makes zero sense, if you have robots that can use delicate tools, paint detailed pictures, then why would you send the humans up and keep the robots on earth and not the other way round? Other than that, I just thought it was overlong with little happening and was all a bit silly, albeit well acted.

I thought the rest of the season was solid, although the formula and twists definitely have become very guessable and a bit predictable. They must have done the "it's all a simulation/computer programme" twist reveal-moment about 5 times during the show's run now to the point where you already expect it, but I think it's still good at building tense atmosphere's, even if the stories have lost their way a bit since the first 2 or 3 series .

My favourite was actually the last one, because it was a bit different to the normal Black Mirror template which has got a bit stale, I liked the 70s and 80s giallo influences, although I wish it leant more into the horror side of it. Also liked the Loch Henry one. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

The return of the Full Monty, watched four episodes so far... cannot say if I like it or not. Find the stuff related to the school rather boring, in fact the original cast we know and love seem to be more of an after thought in this. Just feels like cash grab, using a movie classic title and just placing on a random tv show about a northern school under its name.... isn't there a tv show already like on BBC... yes Waterloo Road... years before that Grange Hill. Maybe it'll improve, but so far all i get from it is, you get 10 minutes of scenes with the original cast another 40 with school kids... 

Just finished Money Heist (La Casa de Papel), I've watched so many great series on Netflix like Power, House of Cards, etc. 
Money Heist is the best series I've ever watched, by some distance. Every episode has you on the edge of your seat. Small trigger warning, but it's a Spanish series, so the only options you have are English Voiceover with English subtitles, Spanish voiceover with English subtitles, or Spanish only. I chose English voiceover + English subtitles, now personally I hate it when a series has English voiceovers with foreign-speaking actors because the mouths don't line up and I really was fully prepared before starting to switch it off after 20 minutes, but I have to say from Episode 1 this didn't bother me at all, the plot and the interconnected stories within the plot had me so gripped I did not even realise or care. 

Easily the best Netflix show I've watched to date by far. 10/10 from me. 

Edited by cityfanlee23