Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Ah I’m rewatching it. 

Upon seeing the trailers, I thought it’d be shit, but I loved it lol

I like season one, I was pleasantly surprised by it really I thought I'd hate it. 

But Vinnie starts off as a well written depiction of bipolar and a likeable but flawed character who is causing a lot of his own problems. 

As the seasons progress he turns more in to a heroic Mary Sue, gets the girl, etc, at the expense of Dylans character which feels like it defeats the point. I lost interest about then

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I like season one, I was pleasantly surprised by it really I thought I'd hate it. 

But Vinnie starts off as a well written depiction of bipolar and a likeable but flawed character who is causing a lot of his own problems. 

As the seasons progress he turns more in to a heroic Mary Sue, gets the girl, etc, at the expense of Dylans character which feels like it defeats the point. I lost interest about then

Yeah fair enough.

Some of the dafter characters get a bit too much airtime but it’s the best new sitcom for a long time imo. 

On 13/07/2023 at 21:16, VinceNoir said:

Anyone up to speed with the newest Always Sunny? Just seen the gang goes bowling and it just proved to me that it’s still by far the funniest show on tv despite being well into its 16th season. So so good 

I haven't seen the latest season but there has been a noticeable decline in quality from about season 10 onwards

On 20/10/2019 at 13:33, steve43 said:

I have been watching Mr inbetween, its Australian program about a hitman, it very funny and sad at the same time, well worth a watch

Surprised this post was the only hit on a search for "Mr Inbetween". One of the best shows I have seen in recent times. Highly recommend 👌 

3 hours ago, TJQuik said:

I haven't seen the latest season but there has been a noticeable decline in quality from about season 10 onwards

The latest season is good. Mostly classic Sunny setups and not as many concept episodes as previous seasons, which have been a bit hit and miss. The show will never reach the heights of season 3-8 but they’re still capable of knocking it out of the park. I think the podcast has helped them realise what works and what they enjoy doing.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

The latest season is good. Mostly classic Sunny setups and not as many concept episodes as previous seasons, which have been a bit hit and miss. The show will never reach the heights of season 3-8 but they’re still capable of knocking it out of the park. I think the podcast has helped them realise what works and what they enjoy doing.

Sounds good, I do listen to the podcast and even the new show is still miles better than most comedy tv series.

On 14/07/2023 at 08:27, rico said:

We Hunt Together on BBC Iplayer, serial killer crime drama @Rajis a good watch

Watched this when it was on Alibi or one of those weird group of channels. Never watched the second season though, assuming BBC have got the rights to show that as well at some point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Watched this when it was on Alibi or one of those weird group of channels. Never watched the second season though, assuming BBC have got the rights to show that as well at some point

I watched on Iplayer and it linked series 2 which was on Alibi , was decent, thought Eve Myles was great in it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Currently watching Jack Ryan season 4. I like it but man why the hell is it so confusing 

agree i gave up watching S3 because it was all over the place i hoped picking up S4 it might have sorted itself out but no stories go off left right & centre, for example what the hell is the point of that CIA director unless she turrns out to be a mole or something its wasted airtime her segments don't bring anything to the overall storyline.

Code of a Killer

I presume youve all seen it and a few of you "lived" it :( 

I had no idea who/where it was about... then..i was like ohhhh.

Did any of you folk do the DNA... it mustve ben an awful time

33 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

agree i gave up watching S3 because it was all over the place i hoped picking up S4 it might have sorted itself out but no stories go off left right & centre, for example what the hell is the point of that CIA director unless she turrns out to be a mole or something its wasted airtime her segments don't bring anything to the overall storyline.

Glad it’s not just me. I have no idea wtf is going on 

• Haha 1