Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Code of a Killer

I presume youve all seen it and a few of you "lived" it :( 

I had no idea who/where it was about... then..i was like ohhhh.

Did any of you folk do the DNA... it mustve ben an awful time

Didnt do the DNA but was working in Narborough at the time  doing roofing and police visited the work site and asked us a few question's 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 13:16, ozleicester said:

Code of a Killer

I presume youve all seen it and a few of you "lived" it :( 

I had no idea who/where it was about... then..i was like ohhhh.

Did any of you folk do the DNA... it mustve ben an awful time

22 hours ago, rico said:

Didnt do the DNA but was working in Narborough at the time  doing roofing and police visited the work site and asked us a few question's 

A colleague of mine found Linda Mann's body on the so-called "black pad" on his way to work at Narborough ambulance station.

According his recollection it was clearly a murder scene and therefore no attempt at resuscitation was made by him. He arrived at the ambulance station and called the police. Back then, mobile phones weren't that common. He then returned to the scene to await the police. 

He was extensively question by the police as were all of us on duty on that day, and the few days before. Myself included as I had been his crewmate for several shifts before the incident.

We didn't do a DNA test because, I think, DNA profiling wasn't a "thing" at the time of Linda's murder. I don't know. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

A colleague of mine found Linda Mann's body on the so-called "black pad" on his way to work at Narborough ambulance station.

According his recollection it was clearly a murder scene and therefore no attempt at resuscitation was made by him. He arrived at the ambulance station and called the police. Back then, mobile phones weren't that common. He then returned to the scene to await the police. 

He was extensively question by the police as were all of us on duty on that day, and the few days before. Myself included as I had been his crewmate for several shifts before the incident.

We didn't do a DNA test because, I think, DNA profiling wasn't a "thing" at the time of Linda's murder. I don't know. 

Just an FYI... the TV show was about the discovery of DNA and it was in part due to the murders.

being so close to it... you might find it worth a watch, "Code of a Killer" not sure what channel as i saw it on IPTV

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Dunno how old it is but Detectorists was on Netflix so I watched that and though it wasn't really funny I found it  sweet and enjoyable and relaxing given the setting.

It's been around for a few years now (pre Diana Rigg dying). Great show, and I think there's a few fans on here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Just an FYI... the TV show was about the discovery of DNA and it was in part due to the murders.

being so close to it... you might find it worth a watch, "Code of a Killer" not sure what channel as i saw it on IPTV

Yeah. I've watched it before. :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Started watching American Horror Stories, only watched a few of American Horror Story but really enjoying this.

I watched the first few series of American Horror Story, really enjoyed them but I found the circus one a bit too dark and unsettling and gave it up.

11 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Ooh I didn't know the 2nd season was out. Loved everything about the first, the look of it, the casting, the soundtrack, everything.

Me neither, until the other day! Binged all ten episodes in a couple of days. So, so good - a couple of the episodes are some of the best television I can remember watching!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Ooh I didn't know the 2nd season was out. Loved everything about the first, the look of it, the casting, the soundtrack, everything.

The second season has a different feel and tempo to the first. It's less about frantic restaurant prep etc and more depth to the characters. It works and is excellent imho. The longest episode (the christmas dinner one) is simply brilliant; among the best TV you're likely to see - gruelling, harrowing, uncomfortable... and compelling. 

• Like 1