Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Had to tune out of the Sixth Commandment, I hate watching people being that naive and stupid. Just can’t do it.

Its well acted, Ben Fields was from Mkt Harborough

45 minutes ago, rico said:

Its well acted, Ben Fields was from Mkt Harborough

Yes, totally agree, but I said to the wife "This isn't believable, real people aren't that gullible and needy."

And then I discovered it is based on real events - that's the bit where I checked out. Can't watch stuff like that for some reason, it really unsettles me.

• Like 1

Watched the first 5 episodes of the bear today as I've been ill off work, due to this thread, must admit it reminds me a little, somehow of the sopranos, which is my favourite ever show, not saying it's that good but has a similar kind of vibe somehow. Enjoying it but first few episodes especially were very stressful, having spent many years in incredibly busy kitchens I know the feeling and it's shot so realistically. Very good show the dynamics between the cousins and the young woman with the rest of the kitchen is brilliant. Will likely finish it tomorrow if I'm still off work. 

Rewatching Breaking Bad for the 1st time since original.

Just seen the episode with the kid in the meth house with Spooge and Skank... felt physically ill, especially after this week talking with a grandmother who has just taken on briniging up another two of her (Meth addicted) daughters children that makes 4 she has got. At 64, shes had to give up work and everything else in her life...and i can tell you the body at 60 is NOT capable of managing 4 kids under 10

Heartbreaking for all invloved, these fvcking governments and politicians worrying about Drag Queens, toilets, names on birth certificates and locking up refugees need to stop and focus on what is important HELPING PEOPLE!

It is time Government stopped being about KPI's and box ticking and got back to CARING

1 hour ago, muzzyisalegend said:

From on Sci-fi, excellent show

Just finished season 2

Im really enjoying it, however I feel like they could drag it on too long.  I think 1 maaaaybe 2 more seasons at the most.  Anything more than that and it will get old.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 13:35, Daggers said:

Yes, totally agree, but I said to the wife "This isn't believable, real people aren't that gullible and needy."

And then I discovered it is based on real events - that's the bit where I checked out. Can't watch stuff like that for some reason, it really unsettles me.

I suppose it illustrates how otherwise intelligent people can be conned because of their crushing loneliness 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marbles said:

Just finished season 2

Im really enjoying it, however I feel like they could drag it on too long.  I think 1 maaaaybe 2 more seasons at the most.  Anything more than that and it will get old.

I agree, keep it short and sweet while it's still fresh. It's kind of flown under most people's radar so I'm worried it'll get cancelled before we get an ending. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

The latest Strange New Worlds episode is the best episode of Star Trek for a long while IMO. 

All about the after effects of the Klingon war. The doctor bloke's performance is maybe even Emmy nomination worthy. 

Agree, good episode. Wasn't sure i'd like Strange New Worlds, but really got into it. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Tokyo Vice on iPlayer. Just when I wanted something different a 90s Japanese noir based on a memoir on an American reporter's experience of the Yakuza came along and was fantastic viewing.

Finished Silo on Apple TV. Intriguing, but a bit of a slog at times.

Hijack (also on Apple TV) has been really enjoyable so far. DID NOT see that twist coming in the penultimate episode. Hope they stick the landing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really enjoyed Tokyo Vice on iPlayer. Just when I wanted something different a 90s Japanese noir based on a memoir on an American reporter's experience of the Yakuza came along and was fantastic viewing.

Finished Silo on Apple TV. Intriguing, but a bit of a slog at times.

Hijack (also on Apple TV) has been really enjoyable so far. DID NOT see that twist coming in the penultimate episode. Hope they stick the landing. 

Agree that Hijack has made for compelling viewing.  Wish I knew a bit more about Idris Elba's character's backstory though.

On 30/07/2023 at 09:08, Torquay Gunner said:

Agree that Hijack has made for compelling viewing.  Wish I knew a bit more about Idris Elba's character's backstory though.

Difficult balancing act for the writers. Not revealing much thus far tells me that his backstory will become very important in the finale.