Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 28/07/2023 at 14:39, The Bear said:

The latest Strange New Worlds episode is the best episode of Star Trek for a long while IMO. 

All about the after effects of the Klingon war. The doctor bloke's performance is maybe even Emmy nomination worthy. 

And..... This week they do a ****ing musical episode. Jesus wept. 

I lasted 10 mins. And I like musicals in general, but this was just painfully try hard. 

26 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've been really enjoying it. James Buckley in last night's episode was hilarious. 

He's great, no idea who he is, but good sense of humour. Don't tell me any more, as I’m only going to be catching up on last nights, tonight!

Just finished watching Wolf on iPlayer. Bizarre thriller/cold case/police procedural that starts slowly and combines two seemingly unrelated stories. But the tension really builds, and by episode four (of six) I felt that I wanted to watch it from behind the sofa! Very impressive, with some excellent performances.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 10:40, RonnieTodger said:

Five Bedrooms is a really good Aussie comedy/drama. On iPlayer

It's good, isn't it? 

I caught it on Iplayer by chance and watched each series back to back. 

The only problem I've got is that I don't have Paramount, so can't see the most recent series. 

There's another series on Iplayer about an Aussie news channel from the 70's that is also worth watching.  Ben (I think it's his name) from 5 bedrooms is in it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It's good, isn't it? 

I caught it on Iplayer by chance and watched each series back to back. 

The only problem I've got is that I don't have Paramount, so can't see the most recent series. 

There's another series on Iplayer about an Aussie news channel from the 70's that is also worth watching.  Ben (I think it's his name) from 5 bedrooms is in it. 

Yeah we’re thinking of doing the week’s trial of Paramount+ and just binging the new series lol 

Will check out the news channel show, thanks mate

• Like 1

On 03/08/2023 at 14:39, moore_94 said:

Episode 6 and 7 were absolutely brilliant

Couldn't stop watching and just like with Series 1, I watched the whole thing over about 24 hours

I've been dragging it out as long as possible as I don't want it to end!

One of the best shows ever.

As a kid I remember the last  one growing up, The New Avengers, but the evolution of this show was interesting as can be seen in the changing titles.

The one episode of The New Avengers I remember even to this day was the one with the giant rat eating people in the sewers :)

• Like 1

Our Guy In Colombia, C4

I like the bloke, but I love the country - and that’s what makes me really disappointed with this show. There’s so much more to Colombia than coke, it’s like doing a documentary about the UK and focussing on football hooliganism. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Well a musical episode in a star trek series was... Interesting. 

Otherwise another solid season for strange new worlds. Hopefully, they swing in a couple of creative minds to give us a bit less ship board antics and a bit more exploring though. 

The musical episode was painfully bad. I couldn't finish it, and I'm quite fond of musicals. 

The season was very average on the whole. It suffered from trying to be Next Generation in that they have mostly self contained episodes pretty much every week. The only standout was the Klingon based "Cloak Of War" which was great. 

Still miles better than Discovery though. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The musical episode was painfully bad. I couldn't finish it, and I'm quite fond of musicals. 

The season was very average on the whole. It suffered from trying to be Next Generation in that they have mostly self contained episodes pretty much every week. The only standout was the Klingon based "Cloak Of War" which was great. 

Still miles better than Discovery though. 

See now I don't mind them going for the single episode story approach. Although going for more 2 part or 3 part episode stories every now and again might be a bit better. 

Think the show is limited to having just 10 episodes in a season tbh. 

And it is miles better than discovery and probably the reason I'm enjoying it so much. lol

• Like 1