Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Anyone watch life on mars and ashes to ashes?

going through them with my partner who had never seen them. Quality TV. 
shame they cancelled a planned extra spin off recently. 

Didn't know that, that's a shame. Heard it had hit some stumbling blocks a while ago but was looking forward to it. 

2 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Didn't know that, that's a shame. Heard it had hit some stumbling blocks a while ago but was looking forward to it. 

Massive shame mate. The ‘twist’ at the end of ashes to ashes was an awesome way to tie up both series and you feel there’s more that could be done with the concept, especially considering how well the original two series dealt with modern issues through a 70s/80s lens and the ethical considerations the protagonists have to think about. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Massive shame mate. The ‘twist’ at the end of ashes to ashes was an awesome way to tie up both series and you feel there’s more that could be done with the concept, especially considering how well the original two series dealt with modern issues through a 70s/80s lens and the ethical considerations the protagonists have to think about. 

Yeh I was surprised when I heard they were on about doing a new one after it all tied up like it did and it being so long since A2A, shame we probably won't get to see their idea. Apparently they're looking into ways they might be able to share the script or produce it in other ways, so perhaps in time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Nearly at the end of the Bear season 2. 

Watched Forks yesterday - episode 7, it is quite simply brilliant. The scene with Olivia Colman is superb. Actually teared up myself as it reminded me a lot of spending time with my Mum whilst she prepared dinner. 

That episode and the one before about the family meal are the 2 best episodes in the whole show so far

Some of the best episodes in a tv show I have seen in quite a while I think as well

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

That episode and the one before about the family meal are the 2 best episodes in the whole show so far

Some of the best episodes in a tv show I have seen in quite a while I think as well

As I do for every show I love I stretched watching this series out as long as possible, finally finishing it last night.

I'm now officially bereft. Everything about the show is just pitch perfect, through visuals,  soundtrack,  character development, everything. 

There are just so many empathetic characters that draw you in.

Absolutely brilliant and I can't wait for Series 3!

• Like 1

Late to the party on this one but I just finished watching Severance on Apple TV and the final episode is probably one of the greatest TV episodes I’ve ever seen. Just phenomenal and a brilliant series overall. Can’t wait for the next one!

• Like 3

A TV show about a chef? Colour me snoozing on the sofa and the wife enjoys something I’m too polite to point out is comple…hang on a second, this Bear thing is more than OK. We’re four episodes in, and while some of the plot is a bit gash - the dialogue is top drawer. 

Well done FT. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm up to episode 8 of Succession and I've got to say it's been completely overhyped so far. I'm enjoying it, but hoping it picks up some more.

If your at that point, I'd say watch it to the season 1 finale and then decide whether or not to continue.

I really enjoy the show, but other then maybe a big moment per season, it sort of just stays in a certain kind of zone throughout.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Frasier reboot first look:

frasier_piano1.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=1

frasier_3.jpg

5_Frasier_102_CH_0210_648_RT.jpg?resize=

frasier_2.jpg

Yes, that is Nicholas Lyndhurst!!

Can't wait for this personally. Peri Gilpin (Roz) and Bebe Neuworth (Lilith) back as guest stars.

Love Frasier and just hoping it isn't crap!

• Like 2