Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Finally watched Hijack

Just like most series I’ve seen from AppleTV - strong, engaging start that turns to implausible, ridiculous crap by the end.

I really just need to cancel my subscription.

Edited by marbles
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Frasier reboot first look:

frasier_piano1.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=1

frasier_3.jpg

5_Frasier_102_CH_0210_648_RT.jpg?resize=

frasier_2.jpg

Yes, that is Nicholas Lyndhurst!!

Can't wait for this personally. Peri Gilpin (Roz) and Bebe Neuworth (Lilith) back as guest stars.

Can't wait either, I must've seen them all on channel 4 many times over. (Yes, I'm self employed)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Going to rewatch Southland, just seen it's on Freevee, remember really enjoying it first time round and it's not overly taxing either.

One of my all time favourite shows, as you said a fairly easy watch but gripping in parts as well. I've always wondered if I went back to watch it whether I'd find some of the acting a bit naff.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

One of my all time favourite shows, as you said a fairly easy watch but gripping in parts as well. I've always wondered if I went back to watch it whether I'd find some of the acting a bit naff.

Few episodes back in to it and it's stood up fairly well, I hadn't missed the bleeping out of some words though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Love Frasier and just hoping it isn't crap!

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

There was a leak on reddit from someone in the audience at the taping of the first episode that claimed it was really good. 

Found it - bit lengthy but sounds really, really promising. Spoilers, obviously:

15 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Can't wait either, I must've seen them all on channel 4 many times over. (Yes, I'm self employed)

14 hours ago, BKLFox said:

@Grebfromgrebland @urban.spaceman

Loved Frasier and a few months ago started back at S1Ep1 all the way through & like you must have seen every episode many times over.

I hope it works but not sure how it will without him batting off Nile’s and the dry wit of Martin keeping them in check (god rest his soul) 

David Hyde Pierce turned it down mainly because he's based in New York and mostly works in theatre/musicals these days. There's also a rumour that they wanted him and Jane Leeves to return but he demanded too much (probably because he'd have to relocated) so they wrote Niles and Daphne out. Leeves is busy with other shows but both have apparently said they'd return for cameos in the future. It's good that they kept David (born in the last episode) in the show as that would give a hell of a lot of cameo potential with Niles and Daphne, plus Brian Cox is still going as is Anthony LaPaglia who played Simon and then she had a shit load of other brothers that could make cameos like Robbie Coltrane (RIP) and Richard E Grant did in the finale. 

Honestly can't wait for this!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Ahsoka! I'm going in!

It's going to be shit, isn't it? Statistically, the chances are it's going to be another big old tod

Just finished watching both episodes and I really enjoyed it

I really like the Baylan Skoll character as well, such a shame the actor has passed away

• Like 2

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Found it - bit lengthy but sounds really, really promising. Spoilers, obviously:

David Hyde Pierce turned it down mainly because he's based in New York and mostly works in theatre/musicals these days. There's also a rumour that they wanted him and Jane Leeves to return but he demanded too much (probably because he'd have to relocated) so they wrote Niles and Daphne out. Leeves is busy with other shows but both have apparently said they'd return for cameos in the future. It's good that they kept David (born in the last episode) in the show as that would give a hell of a lot of cameo potential with Niles and Daphne, plus Brian Cox is still going as is Anthony LaPaglia who played Simon and then she had a shit load of other brothers that could make cameos like Robbie Coltrane (RIP) and Richard E Grant did in the finale. 

Honestly can't wait for this!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Bulldog Briscoe back, he was always pretty hilarious.

On 30/11/2022 at 15:01, Tuna said:

Started watching Tokyo Vice on the iplayer and it's pretty good to be honest, a real slow burner, I love things set in Japan although it's a crime drama there is not much overt violence.

Something I have noticed though is that it is almost an advert for the tobacco industry, pretty well everyone smokes almost continuously, watch it and you'll see what I mean lol

Three episodes in and I am very impressed.  Always fascinating to observe how deference and hierarchy interact in Japanese society.  There's a scene between the main character and his boss, which makes for pretty uncomfortable viewing. 

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

A bit late to the party with this one but has anyone watched Horace & Pete on Prime?

I would describe it as sort of a mixture between After Life and Cheers.

A very dark humoured and course tragicomedy which I thought was brilliant.

Not heard of it but think I might check it out, cheers. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 18:48, urban.spaceman said:

Frasier reboot first look:

frasier_piano1.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=1

frasier_3.jpg

5_Frasier_102_CH_0210_648_RT.jpg?resize=

frasier_2.jpg

Yes, that is Nicholas Lyndhurst!!

Can't wait for this personally. Peri Gilpin (Roz) and Bebe Neuworth (Lilith) back as guest stars.

You hope it works out for Nicholas Lyndhurst. First project in the states since Miami Twice with Only Fools and Horses. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 20:21, BKLFox said:

@Grebfromgrebland @urban.spaceman

Loved Frasier and a few months ago started back at S1Ep1 all the way through & like you must have seen every episode many times over.

I hope it works but not sure how it will without him batting off Nile’s and the dry wit of Martin keeping them in check (god rest his soul) 

I'm very, very late to Frasier. In fact, I'm still to watch it really.

Caught part of an episode some years ago on CH 4 and enjoyed it. On the strength of that, I downloaded all the series. That was ages ago too, but I still haven't got around to watching them.

I really must make a start.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm very, very late to Frasier. In fact, I'm still to watch it really.

Caught part of an episode some years ago on CH 4 and enjoyed it. On the strength of that, I downloaded all the series. That was ages ago too, but I still haven't got around to watching them.

I really must make a start.

You need to watch the 11 seasons of Cheers first for it to make sense :ph34r:

• Haha 1