Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 23/08/2023 at 21:15, moore_94 said:

Thankfully all the episodes of Ahsoka are being written by Dave Filoni

Currently watched the first of the two episodes of Ahsoka.  Quite impressed with it tbh but am a little confused as to when this takes place and who everyone is since it follows the cartoons that I've never watched.  Shall definitely stick with it though.  I assume Hayden is in flashbacks since he's dead?  lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Currently watched the first of the two episodes of Ahsoka.  Quite impressed with it tbh but am a little confused as to when this takes place and who everyone is since it follows the cartoons that I've never watched.  Shall definitely stick with it though.  I assume Hayden is in flashbacks since he's dead?  lol

Ah yeah it will probably be a bit confusing if you haven't watched Rebels lol

Probably worth watching something like the below video to just catch up on what happens in it (although I do recommend just watching the whole series as well!)

I think it is meant to be around the same time as Season 3 of The Mandalorian

I quite liked the first two episodes. It helps that it has more Jedi and light sabre stuff as I'm someone who isn't a massive Star Wars fans and only loosely knows the films. 

I did Google when it's set, and it is shortly after the Empire was defeated in ROTJ. 

• Like 1

I've watched the first two episodes and it's better than I expected after reading a particularly sniffy review which was plausible enough given some of the turd they've served up recently.

The Mandalorian and Boba Fett are the worst. There seems to be a consensus that the first two seasons of the former were pretty good, but I've found it to be shite from the off

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

I watched Series 2 of The Tower on ITV-X. I’ve a subscription, so don’t get ads - I can imagine it would be awful with ads - and I found it really good.

I enjoyed the first series, but the second one was probably better and it’s enjoyable watching the characters develop. Recommended if you like murder mysteries and police procedurals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

I watched Series 2 of The Tower on ITV-X. I’ve a subscription, so don’t get ads - I can imagine it would be awful with ads - and I found it really good.

I enjoyed the first series, but the second one was probably better and it’s enjoyable watching the characters develop. Recommended if you like murder mysteries and police procedurals.

Binged it last night on ITV-X. We had ads but it wasn't that bad. Very good 2nd series. 

On 28/08/2023 at 19:38, Trav Le Bleu said:

Whitehouse and Mortimer Gone Fishing is back on Sunday.

I have zero interest in fishing, but I absolutely love this program. Just two old blokes having a good time, enjoying themselves and making me laugh into the bargain.

And it's so relaxing and full of mindfulness. The scenery is always stunning as is the filming of said scenery. The casual, friendly banter between them is gentle and amusing.

We love it too.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2023 at 19:33, Tommy Fresh said:

Been watching clips of Johnny Bravo and it always makes me laugh how much of it went over our heads watching it as kids and how unsuitable it actually is 

Definately but not a huge surprise given one of the writers of it was Seth Mcfarlane. 

It's always slight unnerved me that he moulded our sense of humour from such a young age with shows like Johnny Bravo and Cow and chicken and took advantage of it with Family guy and American dad later on in our life. 

• Haha 1

Ahsoka, thought Ep.3 was more for a catch up on the characters of Sabine and Ahsoka and was a tad slow but Ep.4 was pretty good, can't spoil though I thought Ray really looked menacing during the fight.

Massive spoilers in video BTW

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Ahsoka, thought Ep.3 was more for a catch up on the characters of Sabine and Ahsoka and was a tad slow but Ep.4 was pretty good, can't spoil though I thought Ray really looked menacing during the fight.

Haven’t been able to watch episode 4 yet but had it spoiled for me earlier and now I cannot wait until Saturday when I can!

On 06/09/2023 at 18:15, ithuriel said:

The final 20 minutes was superb.  The whole episode was great but those final 20... :thumbup:

The whole episode flew by.  It felt half the time of episode 3.  (I've just watched 3 and 4 back to back.)  

• Like 1