Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The final 20 minutes was superb.  The whole episode was great but those final 20... :thumbup:

The whole episode flew by.  It felt half the time of episode 3.  (I've just watched 3 and 4 back to back.)  

When the main fight kicked off, was a blast to watch, also not certain what is going to happen exactly next week.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Has anyone watched the live action One Piece on Netflix yet?

Getting some very good reviews

Have some of the Anime on Dvd but not really something I'm solidly into, though the adventures of the straw hats does have a big fanbase I think 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

When the main fight kicked off, was a blast to watch, also not certain what is going to happen exactly next week.

Also, visually it's the best thing on my TV.  The Disney streaming quality is better than all the other providers imo.  I'm not one for the black bars top and bottom though and stretch the picture instead, looks great.

7 hours ago, Bert said:

Just binged all 6. What a series. What an ending. Off to sleep pissed off. Night. 

Fair play, I managed the first 2 episodes then called it a night. Will watch the other 4 later today.

Great start but I'm not keen on the new Irish fella. Loving little gangster Steff though and Sully is still the best character on TV .

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fair play, I managed the first 2 episodes then called it a night. Will watch the other 4 later today.

Great start but I'm not keen on the new Irish fella. Loving little gangster Steff though and Sully is still the best character on TV .

watched the first one last nigh- to be honest i was a little underwhelmed by it.

Mind you after the ending of the last series it was bound to be.

Wife and daughter are off to London this weekend to go shopping so i'll be binging this with only my pants on in the heat and the lad will be upstairs playing his Nintendo switch(hes only 34!!!!)

happy days!!!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raj said:

watched the first one last nigh- to be honest i was a little underwhelmed by it.

Mind you after the ending of the last series it was bound to be.

Wife and daughter are off to London this weekend to go shopping so i'll be binging this with only my pants on in the heat and the lad will be upstairs playing his Nintendo switch(hes only 34!!!!)

happy days!!!

Yeah, I felt there was a bit too much focus on babies, nails, and immigration in the first two episodes, but I understand how it's all interlinked.

Enjoy binging the rest in your pants :D

• Haha 1

Tried the first episode of One Piece last night. It was a bit silly, like it's a kids show with a bigger budget and a bit of violence. Like a cross between Kung Fu Panda and Pirates Of The Caribbean. 

I'll watch a couple more but it'll need to stop being quite so deliberately goofy. 

Edited by The Bear

On 08/09/2023 at 13:11, The Bear said:

Tried the first episode of One Piece last night. It was a bit silly, like it's a kids show with a bigger budget and a bit of violence. Like a cross between Kung Fu Panda and Pirates Of The Caribbean. 

I'll watch a couple more but it'll need to stop being quite so deliberately goofy. 

Not sure if you are aware but it is based on an anime that has funny goofy moments, it is meant to be like that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

Me and my wife have only just discovered House. 

We made a deal that we would watch 1 House and 1 of another show we were trying.  That went out the window and we are now 4 seasons deep on House.

House is brilliant, and Hugh Laurie was incredible in it. 

After I watched it I checked how many Emmys he won and it wasn't a single one. Absolute scandal after checking some of the stuff that beat him. 

• Like 1

Reflecting on the final series of Top Boy, I'm feeling slightly disappointed by it tbh.

It's was still very good but the bar was set so high and I don't think it reached the heights of previous series.

So much to pick apart but I fvck it up every time I try to do spoilers on here :rolleyes:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Reflecting on the final series of Top Boy, I'm feeling slightly disappointed by it tbh.

It's was still very good but the bar was set so high and I don't think it reached the heights of previous series.

So much to pick apart but I fvck it up every time I try to do spoilers on here :rolleyes:

Say nothing til I've finished them all. I'm on episode 3.

Say less innit fam👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3