Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just finished the second season of the Traitors Australia.

Not sure if anyone has seen season one on BBC iPlayer, but it's a belter. Season two is shorter, only nine episodes and four fewer contestants. They also went with a sprinkling of reality/famous people, but that doesn't detract from the game really. There's more stuff you'll recognise from the UK version, too, whereas Aus season one is more independent (was apparently filmed before the UK one).

No spoilers but it's a generally infuriating season for many reasons, though it does have its highlights too. Going to try the NZ version next, which apparently is really good. Canada set to launch their version soon as well.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like todays episode of Ahsoka is the best of the series so far

Really looking forward to watching it tonight

Well, if you've watched The Clone Wars it's certainly going to be a little bit of fun.

spoilery video for watching after the episode....

Edited by ithuriel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Well, if you've watched The Clone Wars it's certainly going to be a little bit of fun.

Absolutely loved it, brilliant episode

Live action Clone Wars (bring it back as a live action series!)

Hayden Christensen - I really hope we get to see a lot more of him as Anakin in the future

Anakin and Ahsoka together again

The Purrgil

Just all of it!

Very close between this and the Mando season 2 finale with Luke for being my favourite live action tv series episode that they have done so far

Edited by moore_94

On 13/09/2023 at 17:07, ithuriel said:

This is why it felt a little flat for me.  Having not watched the cartoons I don't get why this episode is so hyped up.  It was good, but in some ways I preferred last weeks episode to this one.  I understand it's a nostalgic trip back to what has gone on before but it didn't hit like Picard S3 for example which was brilliant sci-fi TV earlier this year.  Still, for Star Wars this series has been extremely strong in comparison to what has come before.  Can we have a remake of the last set of trilogies by this Filoni fella and pretend they never happened?  lol

Just finished Top Boy and I actually thought the last episode was brilliant.

Edge of the seat stuff.

Well acted throughout, gotta be the best series I've seen for ages( since Line of Duty).

Abit like Dallas and who shot JR, I reckon Jaq did it!!!

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Just finished Top Boy and I actually thought the last episode was brilliant.

Edge of the seat stuff.

Well acted throughout, gotta be the best series I've seen for ages( since Line of Duty).

Abit like Dallas and who shot JR, I reckon Jaq did it!!!

This is the thing with Top Boy it set itself such a high standard, so an episode can be great but still feel like it's not as good as others. Definitely felt they could have developed some of the new characters/storylines further and it felt a little rushed with it being the last series to wrap things up but it actually ended up leaving more questions. But still a great series.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is why it felt a little flat for me.  Having not watched the cartoons I don't get why this episode is so hyped up.  It was good, but in some ways I preferred last weeks episode to this one.  I understand it's a nostalgic trip back to what has gone on before but it didn't hit like Picard S3 for example which was brilliant sci-fi TV earlier this year.  Still, for Star Wars this series has been extremely strong in comparison to what has come before.  Can we have a remake of the last set of trilogies by this Filoni fella and pretend they never happened?  lol

Not the cartoons, the CGI version, which is the canon  version, it was seven seasons and an opening movie taking place from after Attack of the Clones up to the actual ending of Revenge of the Sith, this video was made before S7 which had the siege of Mandalore.

Ahsoka in the final few episodes of the Clone Wars S7

Ahsoka vs Maul |4K| (with Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes & More) [Full Fight] - YouTube

Edited by ithuriel

14 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Here's hoping this isn't complete shite.

I think he himself will be ok in it but the rest of the cast will take some getting used to, he'll probably have to carry the rest until those cameo's.
Not sure about Nicholas Lyndhurst being in it as he's 1 of those actors that are so well known for 1 role that they don't sit right in anything else, he just about passed it off in Goodnight Sweetheart & probably due to the short gap of Only fools finishing & Goodnight starting but everything else you just see an old Rodney & can't get past it.
It's like watching David Jason even in his narrator roles, Frost went on to long i think sometimes its just time to give it up, Still Open All Hours was a step to far.

"The Woman In The Wall".

You'll have to start from the first episode on BBC iPlayer. 

Also, "This Story Is Based On A Pack Of Lies". Channel 4 BBC1

Both excellent.

Edited by Parafox
@tommyfresh pointed out my mistake

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Shame, I fancied starting from the third episode 

Sod Off :P.

You know what I meant. Just covering my back in case someone started watching halfway through and then berated me for not telling them. 

You know how infantile some FT posters can be.