Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

29 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I briefly saw BB as I flicked through channels.

Is there now some fetishism angle to it? Just going by the presenters I saw.

What?

Surely there's no darker side to Bob and Blockbusters was there?

C'mon this is ruining my Childhood....loved trying to get to the other side and get a gold run!!!

1 hour ago, Raj said:

What?

Surely there's no darker side to Bob and Blockbusters was there?

C'mon this is ruining my Childhood....loved trying to get to the other side and get a gold run!!!

You don’t remember the episode of Blockbusters where Bob wore nothing but a glitter G-string and a hopeful smile?

In related matters, The Reckoning is a pretty gruesome watch. 

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2023 at 14:18, moore_94 said:

Really looking forward to this

Currently working my way through Band of Brothers for the first time (brilliant series, can't believe it's taken me this long to get round to it). Looking forward to watching The Pacific and this over the winter months.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Amin said:

Currently working my way through Band of Brothers for the first time (brilliant series, can't believe it's taken me this long to get round to it). Looking forward to watching The Pacific and this over the winter months.

Envious you get to see it with fresh eyes.  One of the great series.  Pacific was ok but didn't hold a candle to BoB.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Second ep of Big Brother and I’m not remotely ashamed to say I’m here for it. 

Do they still do the celebrity version of it?

Last time had personally watched a celebrity episode one was when George Galloway pretended to be a cat..

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Do they still do the celebrity version of it?

Last time had personally watched a celebrity episode one was when George Galloway pretended to be a cat..

It’s only just come back - hold your horses, tiger, I’m sure they’ll get to it 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Second ep of Big Brother and I’m not remotely ashamed to say I’m here for it. 

I'm all for it too. It's going to be a great season. 2 episodes in and there's already cracks appearing. The drama will be sweet. 

21 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Envious you get to see it with fresh eyes.  One of the great series.  Pacific was ok but didn't hold a candle to BoB.

Echo this, The Pacific is good and definitely worth a watch, but BoB is comfortably the superior of the two imo.

The Pacific is well made, well acted, and has plenty of action, but something about it didn't resonate with me as much as BoB. 

24 minutes ago, skolfoxes said:

Echo this, The Pacific is good and definitely worth a watch, but BoB is comfortably the superior of the two imo.

The Pacific is well made, well acted, and has plenty of action, but something about it didn't resonate with me as much as BoB. 

I remember finding The Pacific very chaotic and dark to actually fully see a lot of what was going on compared to Band of Brothers

• Like 1

Finished The Long Shadow about the victims of Peter Sutcliffe , very good watch but my god the police were incompetent back in those days...

Started The Reckoning , drama about Jimmy Saville the vile cnut

6 hours ago, rico said:

Finished The Long Shadow about the victims of Peter Sutcliffe , very good watch but my god the police were incompetent back in those days...

Started The Reckoning , drama about Jimmy Saville the vile cnut

Only a few episodes in to The Long Shadow, so not sure how much is covered but remember watching a documentary about it and the police handling of it highlighted was terrible

• Like 1