Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

20 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Anyone watching Strictly?

It would be bearable if it wasn't for the false, sycophantic yelling and cheering from the audience.

And without Cat Deeley.

And Claudia willy pullerman.

And the judges.

And the orchestra.

And the "celebrities".

Better without everything, really.

Maybe Cat Deeley is watching and thinking, "I could do a better job of hosting this than Tess Daly.".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/10/2023 at 04:31, UniFox21 said:

Had really enjoyed first 2 seasons of Only Murders in the building. This 3rd season hasn't been as enjoyable to watch so far 

I felt the same about season 3 about half way through, but I thought the second half of the season saved it overall.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I felt the same about season 3 about half way through, but I thought the second half of the season saved it overall.

Enjoyed the ending and the last few episodes, but yeah I wasn't a fan of the rest, felt they dragged and were poor.

Assume they'll have another season however

Doctor Who coming to its 60th anniversary episode cant believe its been 10 years since the 50th. Remember seeing that at the cinema. Probably the last time i watched the show. May watch it with Tennant back, but its gone typical BBC... political correct. Instead of telling a good story they want to lecture us. Makes you think when is long enough for a tv show to say its to time to wrap it. 

On 14/10/2023 at 06:00, winteriscoming said:

Watched 2 episodes of the Frasier reboot. Not convinced. Hope it gets better but can’t see it. 

As suspected it will be down to him to carry the entire series, Freddie might have something about him but the rest (Rodney included) are weak with the worst being David (Niles/Daphne son). Will continue with it just to see the guest appearances but really not expecting much.
Quite sad at the end of Ep1 when John Mahony popped up :cry:

52 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Daryl Dixon Walking Dead on AMC.  Half way point through the series and apart from a slightly annoying child actor have really enjoyed it. Parisian locations make for some great visuals. 

I really enjoyed Dead City, even though I'd checked out of TWD years ago. 

This one looks interesting too.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

As suspected it will be down to him to carry the entire series, Freddie might have something about him but the rest (Rodney included) are weak with the worst being David (Niles/Daphne son). Will continue with it just to see the guest appearances but really not expecting much.
Quite sad at the end of Ep1 when John Mahony popped up :cry:

Agee. Can see Lilith making an appearance. Also possibly someone else from cheers seeing as it’s set in Boston. 

• Like 1

The Reckoning as others have stated.

Coogan has really nailed it making him look the complete cvnt he was.

Portrayed him brilliantly.

It's a tough watch and made me and the Mrs angry how the bastard was allowed to get away with it all.

If only ot all came out when he was still alive but that's another whole matter.

Makes you wonder how many other "celebs" get away with atrocities  because of their fame

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Makes you wonder how many other "celebs" get away with atrocities  because of their fame

Quite a lot named, if you're partial to looking on the Internet in the right places. 

Let's just say the Russell Brand story wasn't a shock to me. 

17 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Quite a lot named, if you're partial to looking on the Internet in the right places. 

Let's just say the Russell Brand story wasn't a shock to me. 

All gone quiet in the Brand front, hasn't it?

Has he even been nicked yet?

12 hours ago, Raj said:

The Reckoning as others have stated.

Coogan has really nailed it making him look the complete cvnt he was.

Portrayed him brilliantly.

It's a tough watch and made me and the Mrs angry how the bastard was allowed to get away with it all.

If only ot all came out when he was still alive but that's another whole matter.

It was a good performance by Coogan, but at times he did look at bit Partridge like, probably because Savile himself was such an absurd figure.  The man was so smarmy and abrasive, it was not surprising that most people portrayed in the drama did not appear to like him.  I  then watched the Theroux documentary on him,  for the first time on BBC archives the other night and Coogan had captured him really well. 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 08:10, Torquay Gunner said:

It was a good performance by Coogan, but at times he did look at bit Partridge like, probably because Savile himself was such an absurd figure.  The man was so smarmy and abrasive, it was not surprising that most people portrayed in the drama did not appear to like him.  I  then watched the Theroux documentary on him,  for the first time on BBC archives the other night and Coogan had captured him really well. 

I think Coogan was the only person that could play him. Captured perfectly. 

• Like 1