Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Planet Earth 3, Ocean, tonight.

Deep ocean creatures are incredible and un-worldly and many have never been seen before.

Amazing.

Our planet is truly amazing and I'm so glad that the Beeb is again showing how much so it is.

And what our species is doing to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Planet Earth 3, Ocean, tonight.

Deep ocean creatures are incredible and un-worldly and many have never been seen before.

Amazing.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Our planet is truly amazing and I'm so glad that the Beeb is again showing how much so it is.

And what our species is doing to it.

Those seal pups getting caught in the fishing nets in the making of section was genuinely affecting. 

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Those seal pups getting caught in the fishing nets in the making of section was genuinely affecting. 

It really was. Kinda hope that at least in a small way it might contribute to us, you know, being a bit "better".

Also liked the deep sea sections with nods to possible analogues on Europa and Enceladus - not only do I think that a possibility, if there is proven liquid water oceans there and the tectonic activity is similar to Earth, then I think it a probability.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/oct/30/nigel-farage-reportedly-in-talks-to-join-im-a-celebrity-

"Nigel Farage is reported to be in advanced negotiations to join the television reality show I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! in a deal worth up to £1m."

Might actually be able to meet the minimum capital requirements for his Coutts account now :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/oct/30/nigel-farage-reportedly-in-talks-to-join-im-a-celebrity-

"Nigel Farage is reported to be in advanced negotiations to join the television reality show I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! in a deal worth up to £1m."

Might actually be able to meet the minimum capital requirements for his Coutts account now :ph34r:

Going over there and stealing their bugs, disgusting.

Boiling point was very underwhelming and the finish was awful.

Almost like they rushed it through.

Thought they had done more episodes which we had missed but it's basically only the 4 episodes.

Didnt use Stephen G enough and compared to the film it was poor.

5/ 10.

Going to try series 2 of Time.

The first one with Sean Bean and Steve G was gripping.

35 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thought they had done more episodes which we had missed but it's basically only the 4 episodes.

5/ 10.

Only watched the first episode but it was such a let down after the film, and that scouser to replace Stephen Graham in the kitchen was so annoying, haven't been able to watch anymore yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

5/ 10.

28 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Only watched the first episode but it was such a let down after the film, and that scouser to replace Stephen Graham in the kitchen was so annoying, haven't been able to watch anymore yet

I'm mixed about how good/poor it was. I felt the characters were pretty one dimensional. It started quite well with the tension in a pro kitchen.

What I found interesting though, is this:

The actors were initially given a script with no dialogue, only stage directions, and improvised the words during rehearsals. 

I thought Boiling Point was good but it just didn't seem to go anywhere, it didn't really tie anything up and was left feeling a bit underwhelmed, to be honest.

Time was fantastic and definitely benefitted from almost feeling a bit different in tone to the first series which I found brilliantly claustrophobic and tense – but it was the Sean Bean and Stephen Graham show (rightly, they were both fantastic) and the other characters, well cast as they were, just seemed to orbit them. Series 2 felt a lot like some of the other prisoners / prison staff were more fleshed out. 

Anyone watched the last episode for Attack on Titan?

Just renewed my Crunchyroll ahead of watching it later tonight

Can't believe it has finally ended, going to have to watch it all through again at some point

Edited by moore_94