Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 09/03/2023 at 20:49, Unabomber said:

For all mankind season 3 finale WOW this show is amazing. Apple TV for anyone who doesn’t know 

I'm really late to the party on this [which is not a bad thing as I now have 4 series to binge] but wow. 

For All Mankind is incredible, really enjoying it so far. 

For those who haven't heard of it (as I hadn't until a few days ago), it is a sci fi series set in an alternative reality where the Russians beat the Americans to the Moon in 1969 and it then picks up the timeline from there. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm really late to the party on this [which is not a bad thing as I now have 4 series to binge] but wow. 

For All Mankind is incredible, really enjoying it so far. 

For those who haven't heard of it (as I hadn't until a few days ago), it is a sci fi series set in an alternative reality where the Russians beat the Americans to the Moon in 1969 and it then picks up the timeline from there. 

It is very, very good. Been rewatching it to prep for season 4 and very much looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 16:53, moore_94 said:

Anyone watched the last episode for Attack on Titan?

Just renewed my Crunchyroll ahead of watching it later tonight

Can't believe it has finally ended, going to have to watch it all through again at some point

I absolutely watched the final episode. What a perfect ending to an incredible show. Story telling masterpiece.

Anybody who loves AoT will have absolutely sobbed at the end (i am a 37 year old man who is not ashamed to say it made me cry)

Eren Jaeger, one of the most complex characters from any show.

i would put AoT up there as one of the greatest shows ever, let alone one of the greatest Anime ever.

And my fave character, Levi (my dog is named after him) finally got to fulfill his promise (what a moment).

Now i want to rewatch it and see all the foreshadowing. Seriously how does someone see so far ahead into a story where they can foreshadow events that people just dont see until much later. Blows my mind just how creative people can be.

• Thanks 1

Seriously i can not recommend enough for people to go and watch Attack on Titan.

So many people will miss out on this masterpiece because its Anime and 'just a cartoon'. Sod that this show is absolutely not a kids show. Blood, Gore, Grotesque giants and a story that is complex with amazing characters, each with their own back stories that develops into people that you come to love and adore.

The plot twists and OMG moments are just baffling. Blow your mind level of plot twist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

BBC's scheduling on a Friday evening is weird.

You have Have I Got News For You followed by Mrs Brown Boys and I can't imagine there's much crossover audience, they're polar opposites.

Does anyone watch live TV anymore?

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Does anyone watch live TV anymore?

Very rarely. Only live sport or the odd thing on catch up.

The vast majority of stuff I watch these days is on YouTube

@moore_94

@kingcarr21

I liked the last episode. 

I feel that for pacing, choreography (is that a weird word to use for animation?), action direction, the music, all of that it was excellent, 10/10. Really perfect way to sign off. I was a bit worried about how they'd write a 90 minute episode that's basically one fight but I thought they did it well. 

Only bit that made me particularly emotional was when Armin went to the Paths and got the former Titans to turn around and start helping. That was a really nice touch. 

Narratively though I thought it was a bit 7/10, just "okay." It ended like I felt it had to I suppose, Eren had to die, Mikasa probably had to kill him, Levi got his moment, it hit all the main notes. 

But I still feel somewhat ick about some of Hajime's writing and I don't think this choice of ending did much to banish any of that. 

Eren isn't a complicated character, he doesn't have an enormous depth, he isn't just "flawed", he's objectively horrific. He's one of the worst characters in the history of fiction. He's an angry, arrogant, autocratic and genocidal maniac who wipes out 80% of the world's population. To an extent, I respect the Breaking Bad-esque element to the writing where because you've seen most of the story through the villain's eyes you end up with a sort of Stockholm syndrome in that a lot of people still sympathise with this absolutely evil figure at the end. 

But where Hajime ruins this, or at very least throws doubt on it, is the way in which Eren is still treated with reverence at the end by Mikasa and Armin. How it SHOULD have ended and what would have made it 10/10 for me is if even they turned their back on him at the end. If, instead of Mikasa pining after him like some incel's fantasy of the perfect waifu, she burns his scarf and lobs his head in the trash. 

You almost, almost get it with Armin remembering his conversations with Eren where he tells him the plan is stupid and it won't work. I loved that scene, my favourite bit of the episode was Eren's "I'm just an idiot with power" monologue. Because he's right and it's great Armin doesn't protest or correct him. See that's the infuriating part, Hajime at times understands what Eren is. That moment right there is Hajime acknowledging that Eren is a warning about the dangers of a truly evil person having that much power.

But then five minutes later he's inmortalising him with some sacred grave under a tree and all his best friends crying and mourning for him. Which is it? 

It just leaves a sour taste. It leaves me feeling whats always been a bit of a concern that Hajime really does just think Eren is kinda cool and that doesn't exactly help especially given some of the image problems AoT has had due to its, lets be honest here, extremely clumsy and awkward handling of its obvious inspiration by real world events. 

Sorry I know this is a bit rambling and stream of consciousness but my missus is a super fan and she doesn't want to hear it lol so I kinda just needed to get this off my chest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve555 said:

Enjoyed Payback on ITV.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Not see that so will give it a go👍

A good watch. As you watch the episodes you'll think that there's a few possible endings and it does get quite immersive.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

A good watch. As you watch the episodes you'll think that there's a few possible endings and it does get quite immersive.

16 hours ago, steve555 said:

Enjoyed Payback on ITV.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night and really decent.

Good recommendation.

Cheers boys👍🏾

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@moore_94

@kingcarr21

I liked the last episode. 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel that for pacing, choreography (is that a weird word to use for animation?), action direction, the music, all of that it was excellent, 10/10. Really perfect way to sign off. I was a bit worried about how they'd write a 90 minute episode that's basically one fight but I thought they did it well. 

Only bit that made me particularly emotional was when Armin went to the Paths and got the former Titans to turn around and start helping. That was a really nice touch. 

Narratively though I thought it was a bit 7/10, just "okay." It ended like I felt it had to I suppose, Eren had to die, Mikasa probably had to kill him, Levi got his moment, it hit all the main notes. 

But I still feel somewhat ick about some of Hajime's writing and I don't think this choice of ending did much to banish any of that. 

Eren isn't a complicated character, he doesn't have an enormous depth, he isn't just "flawed", he's objectively horrific. He's one of the worst characters in the history of fiction. He's an angry, arrogant, autocratic and genocidal maniac who wipes out 80% of the world's population. To an extent, I respect the Breaking Bad-esque element to the writing where because you've seen most of the story through the villain's eyes you end up with a sort of Stockholm syndrome in that a lot of people still sympathise with this absolutely evil figure at the end. 

But where Hajime ruins this, or at very least throws doubt on it, is the way in which Eren is still treated with reverence at the end by Mikasa and Armin. How it SHOULD have ended and what would have made it 10/10 for me is if even they turned their back on him at the end. If, instead of Mikasa pining after him like some incel's fantasy of the perfect waifu, she burns his scarf and lobs his head in the trash. 

You almost, almost get it with Armin remembering his conversations with Eren where he tells him the plan is stupid and it won't work. I loved that scene, my favourite bit of the episode was Eren's "I'm just an idiot with power" monologue. Because he's right and it's great Armin doesn't protest or correct him. See that's the infuriating part, Hajime at times understands what Eren is. That moment right there is Hajime acknowledging that Eren is a warning about the dangers of a truly evil person having that much power.

But then five minutes later he's inmortalising him with some sacred grave under a tree and all his best friends crying and mourning for him. Which is it? 

It just leaves a sour taste. It leaves me feeling whats always been a bit of a concern that Hajime really does just think Eren is kinda cool and that doesn't exactly help especially given some of the image problems AoT has had due to its, lets be honest here, extremely clumsy and awkward handling of its obvious inspiration by real world events. 

Sorry I know this is a bit rambling and stream of consciousness but my missus is a super fan and she doesn't want to hear it lol so I kinda just needed to get this off my chest. 

I always look forward to your posts about topics on foxestalk. Always well constructed. I can certainly see where u r coming from.

I love how diverse the story is, to a point where people can love/hate the story and characters based on viewpoints that are substantiated on both sides of the argument

I am halfway through Black Clover now but once finished I feel like I need to rewatch AOT but this time in English. Need to look for any foreshadowing  

• Like 2