Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

21 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Has anyone watched Loudermilk on Netflix ? 

A friend has recommended it to me saying it will be right up my street 

Bits of it plod, bits of it are poor, bits of it are bang on excellent. Just started S2 because there’s enough in it to keep me going. Main character - what’s not to love? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Already watched the first 3 series and started on the latest? Or starting the lot? Enjoyed the first but never got round to watching the rest

Almost finished the first 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

American Nightmare, 3 part docu on Netflix.   Absolutely bizarre case and once again US Law Authorities don’t come out of it too well.

Got the last episode to watch, probably try and get round to it tonight. Can't work out what's weirder the story or just the attitude of the police 

Finally finished Picard S3.

I do not really have a lot of feeling for modern Trek but this was basically a 9 hour STTNG movie full of nostalgia, fun and a couple of stand out new characters.

Was surprised at just how many Easter eggs and old characters were there.

9/10

The end credits were really well done too.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 3

On 21/01/2024 at 11:08, Stadt said:

Almost finished the first 

On 21/01/2024 at 07:07, Tommy Fresh said:

Already watched the first 3 series and started on the latest? Or starting the lot? Enjoyed the first but never got round to watching the rest

You poor bastards got Series 2 to go through. From probably the greatest one-off storyline series to one of the worst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You poor bastards got Series 2 to go through. From probably the greatest one-off storyline series to one of the worst. 

I watched the first couple of series two and never bothered to finish it, due to it being a step down from the first. Could skip ahead to three or four I guess, with it being an anthology series

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

More light hearted programming in a very congested market of celebrity goes abroad, Big Zuu’s 12 Dishes in 12 Hours is a winner. Quick format. Short episodes. And a genuinely funny bloke at the centre of it 

I like his Big Eats series too. 

Restarting watching Dark and looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the new Alexander docuseries. 

Also, I was thinking yesterday at the lack of any good shows about pirates or naval war fiction (except Hornblower) - does anyone have any recommendations of that ilk?

4 hours ago, bmt said:

Restarting watching Dark and looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the new Alexander docuseries. 

Also, I was thinking yesterday at the lack of any good shows about pirates or naval war fiction (except Hornblower) - does anyone have any recommendations of that ilk?

Black Sails

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Fresh Cops. BBC Three docuseries following young police Leics police officers working. 

The dialogue is aimed at a younger audience but there’s something nice about hearing the Leicester accent on national TV.

Was there a series of this previously?