Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I like RA too, first saw him in Spooks too. Played a good Thorin in The Hobbit and has had a few roles in the recent glut of Harlan Coben adaptations on Netflix, as well.

Do agree that the stage experience comes through in his delivery but for me that works for most of his roles.

There's scene in particular, where he's doing the famous line "I'm getting framed for something I didn't do" along those lines.. he's shouting it across the airport in front of the passengers. But instead of looking around and addressing the passengers around, he's looking into the air like he's doing a monologue on stage to the audience. Moment's like this.. is when director steps and goes "cut", "Richard it's on TV, audience are watching through the camera. Passengers around are the ones your addressing... not the gods"

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

There's scene in particular, where he's doing the famous line "I'm getting framed for something I didn't do" along those lines.. he's shouting it across the airport in front of the passengers. But instead of looking around and addressing the passengers around, he's looking into the air like he's doing a monologue on stage to the audience. Moment's like this.. is when director steps and goes "cut", "Richard it's on TV, audience are watching through the camera. Passengers around are the ones your addressing... not the gods"

Fair enough.

My own personal preference but I'll give the overly theatrical nature of that scene a pass.

Having just dodged a bullet regarding signing up for an IPTV service that probably wasn't an IPTV service could anyone recommend a really good legit one they use or have used?

Cheers.

On 28/05/2024 at 21:07, Legend_in_blue said:

Anyone watching Shardlake?  Worth watching?  Anything with Sean Bean in is always a good watch.  Forgot about this one, was looking through Disney earlier and reminded me of something I'd read about a couple of months back about this new Sean Bean series.  

I thought it was a great mini series. Sean Bean only has a relatively small roll but don’t let that put you off.  One of my favourite book series that I didn’t think would ever get to tv, just a crying shame the author passed away the week before it aired.

• Like 1

Just binge watching Jana on BBC iPlayer. 

One of the best Scandi crime series I’ve seen in some time, although by episode 6 it is getting a little oh FFS stop going off on your own and take back up. 

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Shame the third series of The Test only has 3 episodes. Feels a bit rushed.

Given they won the World Cup, I thought they’d put some focus on that too. 

The focus is on Test Cricket though so I guess that's why they left the rest out. 

It's weird because when I watched it I started disliking the English lol Shows how you can be influenced by the narrative. 

50 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The focus is on Test Cricket though so I guess that's why they left the rest out. 

It's weird because when I watched it I started disliking the English lol Shows how you can be influenced by the narrative. 

This series seems to be, but in series one they did a lot of the white ball games too

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Watched the J Lloyd Samuel doc on netflix, was a really strange watch -  he ''new'' wife was clearly a nut job, as was his sister. Feel sorry for his kids. 

Keep meaning to watch it, in what way was it strange? 

On 07/06/2024 at 00:21, ElusiveEd said:

Having just dodged a bullet regarding signing up for an IPTV service that probably wasn't an IPTV service could anyone recommend a really good legit one they use or have used?

Cheers.

I’ve been using smarters iptv. No real issue with it tbh. But I’m far from an expert

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Haven't watched any of the episodes yet, but sounds like the new Star Wars series The Acolyte is very crap

I've heard conflicting reports. The critics think it's pretty decent, certain elements of the fanbase are review bombing it because they can't handle a black lady in a lead Star Wars role, others have more legit criticism.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Watching "99" on Prime.

Thought it was going to be about hockey superstar Wayne Gretzky. 

Turns out it's about the 1999 Manchester United team.

Also started hate-watching it. Let's see how much Gary Neville I can stand before throwing the laptop out of the window.

• Haha 1

I’ve had a nightmare watched the first episode of the second season of the responder. However I got confused with the other bbc show blue lights. So when we watched it I was proper geared up for the Irish show. Once Tim from the office was speaking scouse I was all over the place. Took me half the episode to realise what I’d done. Still good though 7/10.

• Haha 4