Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

5 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

I quite like watching it without having read the books and quite like not knowing what will happen next. I'm struggling to see how they can do another series but again I have no clue on the source material lol 

Depends how far they want to go with it. On paper, we’ve got 200 years up to Roberts Rebellion that had ended as Game Of Thrones started. 

I’m still waiting for the Westeros Cup Final, where the Lannisters take on the Starks for the FA Cup :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Certain parts have felt really dragged out (I’m looking at Daemon in Harrenhall). 

That storyline has been almost completely tedious. Especially his constant daydreams and wittering about it. Absolutely zero point to it. 

They really need to get him to do something as at this point Aemon is a much more interesting character. Hopefully this week's will see him do something (still haven't watched it). 

16 hours ago, Sly said:

Yea, having read the book, it’s been a bit painful in parts. Certain parts have felt really dragged out (I’m looking at Daemon in Harrenhall). 

My wife who hasn’t read anything other to a the internet for 15 years, is struggling to maintain what’s happening. 

It stinks of not being able to get all the actors diaries to match up, so we'll shove him over there for the series and he can film all his stuff in a week. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2024 at 22:43, Samilktray said:

Just finished Supacell and I’m surprised at how good it was, not without its faults but a very enjoyable television show all the same 

Watched it the other week. 1st episode I thought was pretty poor so stopped watching. About a week later I thought I'd give it another go and it sucked me in. Really good watch in the end and I'm looking forward to the next season. 

On 30/07/2024 at 14:48, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Finished Dark Matter on AppleTV. Thought it was brilliant 9/10. 

Nearly watched it a couple of times but wasn’t sure about it but it seems right up my street so I’ll give it a go this weekend. 

21 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

Snowfall on iPlayer. 

Not sure why this hasn’t got more attention as it deserves it. 

All about LA in the 1980s and how crack took hold of the place. 

Great fashion: Lacoste and Fila. 
Great music and fantastic characters and acting. 

If you liked Narcos and Narcos Mexico, this is a step up and dare I say it, even better than Breaking Bad!

There are six series and I have done the lot in a few weeks. 

I loved it too.  Best thing on TV since The Wire imo.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2024 at 19:20, Dreadnought said:

Snowfall on iPlayer. 

Not sure why this hasn’t got more attention as it deserves it. 

All about LA in the 1980s and how crack took hold of the place. 

Great fashion: Lacoste and Fila. 
Great music and fantastic characters and acting. 

If you liked Narcos and Narcos Mexico, this is a step up and dare I say it, even better than Breaking Bad!

There are six series and I have done the lot in a few weeks. 

Thanks might give a go.  I had a quick look at the cast and didn’t recognise anyone, don’t know if that’s good or bad! 

On 03/08/2024 at 11:44, Tommy G said:

Blasted through Kin S1 and S2, late to the game I know, thought the ending to S2 was crap

Just started Season 1 and loving it but you’ve worried me now.