Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve been rewatching Game of Throne funnily enough. They definitely pack the action into the penultimate episodes but the finales are nowhere near as poor as House of The Dragon was. Game of Thrones feels superior in every way. Even though I’ve seen it before and some of it looks a little dated it’s a far better show. 

I had to give up on the 5th episode of House of the Dragon.  One of the main strengths of GOT was the quality of the characters and the actors that played them, little finger, cersi, tyrion, so many interesting and multi layered characters.  For me House of the Dragon lacked any real equivalent characters and made the entire show an absolute bore-fest.  I know it's very popular, I just don't get why that is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I had to give up on the 5th episode of House of the Dragon.  One of the main strengths of GOT was the quality of the characters and the actors that played them, little finger, cersi, tyrion, so many interesting and multi layered characters.  For me House of the Dragon lacked any real equivalent characters and made the entire show an absolute bore-fest.  I know it's very popular, I just don't get why that is. 

Yeah it’s definitely inferior. I don’t mind it, and I thought Paddy Considine was amazing in series 1 but the characters are definitely not as engaging. As you say, Game of Thrones is full of amazing characters and you actually care about their fates. Will still watch House of the Dragon but it’s definitely slow. 

On 13/08/2024 at 22:21, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah caught me by surprise that as well. Took me back to my teenage years lol seemed a good lad too 

Second episode was great, would love to see Vardy do something like this in football obviously.

• Like 1

Rewatched S1 of Fargo as my girlfriend hadn't seen it. Finally got around to S2 and it's fantastic, Kirsten Dunst plays Peggy so well and the supporting cast are all rock solid. 

One of the best written shows I think.

• Like 2

Just watched an intriguing BBC two part docu on Mohammed bin Salman, or MBS to his mates. It was like watching a video on Japan, the culture is so alien to western senses that it’s hard to grasp.  Not a pleasant man and easy to see, albeit with a bit of luck thrown in, how he ascended to his position. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Enjoyed sprint on Netflix and no it wasn’t just because of Gabby Thomas 

Didn't like Lyles after the first episode, but warmed to him by the end. 

Same with Richardson, quite like her feisty attitude. 

The difference in training facilities between USA and Jamaica was stark. 

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Didn't like Lyles after the first episode, but warmed to him by the end. 

Same with Richardson, quite like her feisty attitude. 

The difference in training facilities between USA and Jamaica was stark. 

Yes I noticed that, Jamaicans training on their local park compared to the states who are in top notch facilities. 

Lyles is full of himself but then again you would be if you were the fastest man in the world 

• Like 1

Ok so it’s very rare I’ll get into a box set / tv series as I don’t normally have the time. But on recommendation from a chap at work I’ve started watching a program that’s a few years old now but I’d never heard of it called Black Mirror.

only watched the first three episodes but I find it mind blowing in the messages it tries to portray.  I know I’m very late to the party on this series but if anyone else hasn’t seen or heard of it, give it a go!

41 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Ok so it’s very rare I’ll get into a box set / tv series as I don’t normally have the time. But on recommendation from a chap at work I’ve started watching a program that’s a few years old now but I’d never heard of it called Black Mirror.

only watched the first three episodes but I find it mind blowing in the messages it tries to portray.  I know I’m very late to the party on this series but if anyone else hasn’t seen or heard of it, give it a go!

Yeah it's a great show. Certainly makes you think for a change. Some of them are horrible watches too, particularly one of the most recent season. 

5 hours ago, Raj said:

Snowfall on bbc iplayer is decent.

About drugs in 80s America 

Was just about to post this :D

Think we're about 6 years behind the times here mate but I'm really enjoying it.

P.S. I didn't realise Franklin was British. He nails the accent.

Edited by Izzy

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Was just about to post this :D

Think we're about 6 years behind the times here mate but I'm really enjoying it.

P.S. I didn't realise Franklin was British. He nails the accent.

Always behind the times mate🤭🤭

We are on series 2 atm.

Franklin is British? WOW Good actor, hes nailed it👍🏾

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 21:57, RobHawk said:

Huge fan of loudermilk on netflix. Randomly put it on and it's superb 👍

You might also like Colin from Accounts if you’ve not watched that either.

For everyone else S2 starts tomorrow 3rd Sep weekly on BBC2 or as most of us will watch it all via Iplayer in 1 go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone has mentioned The Bear on Disney. It's superb. 

We've binged watched the first two seasons and started season three. The first ep of S3 is stunning. 

Got a great soundtrack too which I'm listening to on Spotify. 

Highly recommended.