Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Never bothered with the Grand Tour bar watching a couple of the first episodes back in 2017.

Currently going back through the first series. You can see why they decided to ditch the format after S3. It doesn't always work TBH. 

Tried Kaos on Netflix. It's fine but I do find myself gravitating to nearby devices which means it isn't holding my attention fully. You need a fairly decent base knowledge of Greek mythology to be able to keep up with it IMO. 

Trying it tonight actually. As a kid i was into all the greek gods and stuff so i'm hoping (if i remember) it will come in use :D 

8 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Apple TV has predominantly high-quality stuff on there. I binned off Netflix because it was just spammed with shite. 

Pretty much everything I’ve watched on there has either been good or excellent. Dark matter, slow horses, presumed innocent, severance, ted lasso. Less stuff but high quality is much better than chucking money at anyone with the hint of an idea and hoping something stands above the parapet of dross. 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 12:52, RoboFox said:

Never bothered with the Grand Tour bar watching a couple of the first episodes back in 2017.

Currently going back through the first series. You can see why they decided to ditch the format after S3. It doesn't always work TBH. 

Tried Kaos on Netflix. It's fine but I do find myself gravitating to nearby devices which means it isn't holding my attention fully. You need a fairly decent base knowledge of Greek mythology to be able to keep up with it IMO. 

On 16/09/2024 at 18:37, Suzie the Fox said:

Trying it tonight actually. As a kid i was into all the greek gods and stuff so i'm hoping (if i remember) it will come in use :D 

I love Greek Myths but the trailer is just....kitsch and off putting.   Is it really worth it?

On 16/09/2024 at 22:01, Rain King said:

Mrs just watched the first episode of Nightsleeper on BBC.

The acting is absolutely horrific, so so bad it's actually made me angry and I only saw the last 15 minutes of it.

You could be me.

Exactly the same tale to tell, almost word for word.

• Haha 1

I haven't seen it publicised that much but Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story is on Netflix now. 

Didn't realise Ryan Murphy was making an anthology series out of real life cases after the Dahmer one. Season 3 is apparently going to be about Ed Gein with him being played by Charlie Hunnam.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

I think this has been a topic before on FT. I'm thinking of getting an Amazon Firestick. What I want to know is if I do something specific after it arrives, will I be able to watch anything I want, specifically our matches live, plus other channels like Apple TV, Disney+, Netflix etc without paying a subscription to each?

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I think this has been a topic before on FT. I'm thinking of getting an Amazon Firestick. What I want to know is if I do something specific after it arrives, will I be able to watch anything I want, specifically our matches live, plus other channels like Apple TV, Disney+, Netflix etc without paying a subscription to each?

Short answer is no, you'll need  a subscription for these apps just like  a Smart TV.

Illegally streaming sports is a different ball game *pun intended, someone else would be better to advise how you go about that if it's what you're after.