Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Will give them a go.

Did you stick with Backstrom. I enjoyed it but looks as though Fox have dropped it  so now up to Netflix or someone to pick up a second season.

Yeah, I watched the series. I'd give it 6.5/10, okay but not brilliant.

Watched the 3 Longmire series - enjoyed them.

Watching Blacklist season 2. It's okay but only a time filler whilst I search for a decent series.

If you can stick with it until the storyline becomes all about the Fulcrum and The Cabal then it is well worth it because it has a fantastic ending to the season. I'd say from about episode 14 onwards it really picks up and is worth it

Edited by DB11

If you can stick with it until the storyline becomes all about the Fulcrum and The Cabal then it is well worth it because it has a fantastic ending to the season. I'd say from about episode 14 onwards it really picks up and is worth it

Thanks.

Anyone out there with encyclopaedic knowledge of The Wire?  I must have glossed over summat early on in season 2:  I'm on the 3rd episode (Hot Shots) and fairly early on the dockworkers slap a sticker on a white van in a shipping container and take pictures of themselves with it.  What's the significance of the van?

Anyone out there with encyclopaedic knowledge of The Wire?  I must have glossed over summat early on in season 2:  I'm on the 3rd episode (Hot Shots) and fairly early on the dockworkers slap a sticker on a white van in a shipping container and take pictures of themselves with it.  What's the significance of the van?

It's the cops van that's been nicked and now sent around the world.

But why did they take it in the first place?

Revenge. The Polish police chief instigated some sort of investigation into the dockers for spite because he raised some money for a stained glass window at the catholic church but the dockers had beaten him to it

Revenge. The Polish police chief instigated some sort of investigation into the dockers for spite because he raised some money for a stained glass window at the catholic church but the dockers had beaten him to it

Oh right so it's literally because of the parking tickets? lol

if you haven't already you should all watch Banshee, its amazing for a low (ish) budget TV show. I have watched 3 seasons of it and it keeps getting better!

Is that the one where it starts off with a criminal being party to a bar fight where the Sheriff-to-be gets killed and deciding to take his place?  Watched the first episode a couple of weeks back but never got drawn in.