Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

SOA gets better and better, season 5 is incredible I don't think I could watch one of the episodes again its so upsetting! like an emotional rollercoaster that series!

Really dont read this if you have not seen SOA and intend to it will absolutely spoil it for you!

Is season 5 when they all get arrested but its a setup and Opie gets revenge on that bitch cop and Chivs gets to kill the head IRA guy? that ending is one of the best plot twists ever totally caught me off guard, loved it when he pulls them two blades out and sticks them in the IRA guy who cut his face and gave him shit all series

Edited by Freesolo

Finished season 1 of GoT the other week. Not bad in the end, definitely into it now. Slow burner at first but we got there.

You wont regret getting into it mate, GOT is a awesome show, brilliant acting, twists, filming locations & CGI. I don't like Fantasy didn't like Lord of The Rings but GOT is such a unique type of fantasy genre.

Really dont read this if you have not seen SOA and intend to it will absolutely spoil it for you!

Is season 5 when they all get arrested but its a setup and Opie gets revenge on that bitch cop and Chivs gets to kill the head IRA guy? that ending is one of the best plot twists ever totally caught me off guard, loved it when he pulls them two blades out and sticks them in the IRA guy who cut his face and gave him shit all series

I think you are on about the end of 4 maybe? 5 is

where opi dies  

It's next on my list. Better than the Sopranos, BB and GoT?

And The Office US is about 1000x better than the UK version. Dwight is better than Gareth, Michael is better than Brent, Jim is better than Tim and Pam ( :blush: ) is better than Dawn.

Yes, yes and not seen. I did see The Wire before the other 2 but it's just so real and deep and for me, head and shoulders above any other show. 

Just out of interest why do you thnk that?, I tried watching it I found it boring and just seemed like any other cop drama.

Did you watch all 5 seasons? There are definitely slow parts but even they are absolute genius in the whole scheme of things. It just seems to break every convention of TV shows - there's no 'good guy wins' or everything wrapped up nicely. The characters are so well developed and the casting is the best i've ever known. Then the way it's written and how everything slowly ties into each other...it's just genius! 

Really trying to like the new True Detective but its just not happening for me. The story just isnt as good and some of the dialogue makes me cringe. Anyone else still watching it?

Gave up after the third episode. Will probably finish it at somepoint, nowhere near as good as the first season though sadly.

Really trying to like the new True Detective but its just not happening for me. The story just isnt as good and some of the dialogue makes me cringe. Anyone else still watching it?

Some of the dialogue is terrible. I keep watching it hoping Kelly Reilly gets her kit off but it's not looking likely now.

True Detective has been absolutely destroyed by the American Press which I am happy about as this series has been shocking. Its about time the press agreed with the viewers rather than saying how 'gritty' and 'edgy' it is! a bit like Homeland really.....

Kurt Sutter the guy who wrote SOA and plays otto in it has a new show coming out in the autumn called The Bas*ard Executioner looks a bit epic bit Spartacus crossed with Vikings.

Bemused at how some people on here have three series on go or finish them within weeks. What is everyone's viewing habits especially when you also watch some films as well? I watch two episodes every alternate day and alternate them with a film so in a typical week, I will have watched 6 episodes. 

Watched  two episodes of GOT  when I got in at  11.30pm. On episode 7. Sort of  getting into it. Started to watch SOA  and True Detective. May go back to them after finishing the first series of GOT. One season at a time Thought the first True Detective was a  little slow and dont see how one case can take so many episodes.

SOA  is unusual. Even the good guys are bad   soI wonder how  they will get people to have sympathy for them.

True Detective has been absolutely destroyed by the American Press which I am happy about as this series has been shocking. Its about time the press agreed with the viewers rather than saying how 'gritty' and 'edgy' it is! a bit like Homeland really.....

Kurt Sutter the guy who wrote SOA and plays otto in it has a new show coming out in the autumn called The Bas*ard Executioner looks a bit epic bit Spartacus crossed with Vikings.

I like series 1 of TD and really liked it. Watched first 2 of series 2 its ok 

Bemused at how some people on here have three series on go or finish them within weeks. What is everyone's viewing habits especially when you also watch some films as well? I watch two episodes every alternate day and alternate them with a film so in a typical week, I will have watched 6 episodes.

What's bemusing about it? Maybe some people just have more time than you?