Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Rumours of a sons of anarchy spin off based around the Mayans, although I have heard a conflicting story it would be about the first 9. Kurt Sutter involved

I heard about the first 9 too. Apparently Brad Pitt playing John Teller. 

Anyone watching Narcos? I'm only 4 episodes in but so far I'm impressed.

Was just about to ask about this. Slow-burner or fast-paced?

I heard about the first 9 too. Apparently Brad Pitt playing John Teller. 

Was just about to ask about this. Slow-burner or fast-paced?

It's a little slow with the American protagonist but full of action on Escobar's side.

wow that was a shit reply

Edited by Wookie

Has anyone seen a series called Mr Robot? It came up in a list of available.

Heard some young Americans on an NBA forum I frequent saying that it's interesting. Haven't seen it myself.

I may have a look to see if its on Putlocker. That's the one I have been using and had little trouble with it. I was going to finish off series 2 of SOA on Sunday but spent most of the day trying out Kodi. I have 4 episodes to go I think.

Finished on here back tomorrow.

Heard some young Americans on an NBA forum I frequent saying that it's interesting. Haven't seen it myself.

Just watched the first episode. Not bad. In a nutshell and trying not to give too much away, the theme is, hackers, anarchy, big multi corporations and a character with social problems. If you understand computer programmes it will be interesting. I found that part confusing at times but overall the idea was good.

Just watched first episode of fear the walking dead. Meh

My problem was the amount of suspended belief required.  Obviously it's a necessary part of making a tv show about humans coming back from the dead and eating other people, but things like

step-daddy waiting until nightfall to wander alone into a shooting gallery where he's been told a lot of people died instead of mentioning it to an officer of the law (pretty sure even if they think it's a hoax they're duty-bound to investigate reports of dead bodies)

and

then continuing to not mention it to legal bodies after finding aforementioned dead bodies

took things a bit far for me.  I'd hoped for a lot more thought to be put into it, but then again I stopped watching the original series for pretty much the same lack of thought in the writing process so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

My problem was the amount of suspended belief required. Obviously it's a necessary part of making a tv show about humans coming back from the dead and eating other people, but things like

step-daddy waiting until nightfall to wander alone into a shooting gallery where he's been told a lot of people died instead of mentioning it to an officer of the law (pretty sure even if they think it's a hoax they're duty-bound to investigate reports of dead bodies)

and

then continuing to not mention it to legal bodies after finding aforementioned dead bodies

took things a bit far for me. I'd hoped for a lot more thought to be put into it, but then again I stopped watching the original series for pretty much the same lack of thought in the writing process so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

I just thought theyd start off a little bit diffrent eg explain how the virus started ect

My problem was the amount of suspended belief required. Obviously it's a necessary part of making a tv show about humans coming back from the dead and eating other people, but things like

and

took things a bit far for me. I'd hoped for a lot more thought to be put into it, but then again I stopped watching the original series for pretty much the same lack of thought in the writing process so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

I just thought theyd start off a little bit diffrent eg explain how the virus started ect

Just  watched a  couple more episodes of Mr Robot. Anarchists v  big business.

You enjoying it Ken? Can't tell if I am or not really.

I finished the first season/series the other day. I enjoyed watching it. I think it's well produced and acted, and visually it looks great.

The story isn't the most original and the characters so far aren't the most exciting, but there are moments of suspense, surprise, excitement, et cetera - so worth watching in my opinion.

Major spoilers:

It's basically a tv show, tech version of Fight Club, which is fine, and at the end of episode 9 there is even a nod to the movie.

Though during episode 10, the scenes with the CEO of Evil Corp, especially his very last scene, suggests that there is something more going on.