Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

London 2012 - Video Game (PS3 / XBOX / PC)

already got it as i have a flashed Xbox, and its not worth the £40 it will cost, i completed the Olympics with the most Gold Medals and they come up with a generic closing paragraph. there are some events that are not on there, some you might expect e.g. Football, Sailing etc. but they dont have some track events, most noticeably 1500m.

The online mode will be fun with mates, you can have up to 8 in a lobby.

already got it as i have a flashed Xbox, and its not worth the £40 it will cost, i completed the Olympics with the most Gold Medals and they come up with a generic closing paragraph. there are some events that are not on there, some you might expect e.g. Football, Sailing etc. but they dont have some track events, most noticeably 1500m.

I don't think anyone would expect this game to include football lol

It's £30 on Amazon. Maybe it would be less if people didn't rip it off....

Cant wait for this.

The best drunken online game i play with mates is Bejing Olympics, great laugh.

I Have it on order.

Haha, that's brilliant! I thought my mates and I were the only ones who appreciated doing this!

Just arrived and had a quick blast at lunchtime. Looks pretty good. Ok you could say it is just a collection of mini games, but it seems to be very well done. Unlike my 12.83 in the 100 metres and pathetic 5.50 in the long jump....

Love the look of the archery.

Bit gutted there's no 1500m though. That's one of my favourites. Everybody gets knackered and starts whinging or screaming sometime in the second half of the race and you have to keep changing hands and switch between doing it with two fingers on the same hand and one finger from two hands. And then the trying to get your rhythm back.

I think it's a well made game although bit disappointed in the online options. In Beijing we used to like choosing about 30 events , in london you can only choose 5. Also in running events the ai would make up the missing runners if we only had 3 players and the medals tables will be made up of 8 nations(inc ai).

Shame but this will still be played until the early hours of sat morning.

Some are solid, some are easy, bit weird to get used to. Got the OR in Discus on my 4th throw yet I nearly drowned in the pool. Smashed the 400 as well. Archery wasn't that hard either and despite being horrible at trampoline I came top by miles. Also struggled with long jump.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a copy of this now that it's gone down in price and it's a good laugh as a multiplayer. Can't imagine that the single player would be much fun but our house has got pretty competitive over this! Shockingly my mrs somehow plucked a gold medal out the air on the 110m hurdles on her first attempt and would have nailed the world record if she hadn't buggered up the start.

My records - 100m - 9.34

110m Hurdles - 12.83

50m freestyle swimming - 22.96

Long Jump - 8.97m

:cool:

*Awaits someone who has smashed those times lol

There are more but they're the ones I'm most happy with.

Archived