Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kyle_Le_Don

Broadband

Having major problems with my Sky broadband. Hitting around 3.5mpbs at the minute before I went on holiday was hitting around 7/8mpbs. Can't play FIFA online so I've tethered my iPhone to my Xbox and using that to play online. Luckily enough I'm on 3 network and on the one plan so I don't have to pay any extra :)

Having major problems with my Sky broadband. Hitting around 3.5mpbs at the minute before I went on holiday was hitting around 7/8mpbs. Can't play FIFA online so I've tethered my iPhone to my Xbox and using that to play online. Luckily enough I'm on 3 network and on the one plan so I don't have to pay any extra :)

3.5mbps should be enough to go online with?

How it is today? I'm hitting 12.56mbps atm and that's the best I've ever had with Sky so far.

• 4 weeks later...

If you already have Sky in your house, go with sky broadband

I'm with BT at the moment, never really had any real problems with them apart from when they tried to tell me unlimited internet meant 30GB a month after they sent me some emails saying i'd gone over my limit. I complained and they put it up to 300GB per month at no extra charge.

Virgin is also a good choice if you have cable in your home, just make sure you know what your asking for though. They like to try and push the most expensive packages on you.

BT for me is ok, but i dont see any benefits from having this if im honest as i stil have trouble with the ps3 and keep getting the dreaded connection error,and end up starting the game 20 secs in,and end up getting killed on SnD

2117718965.png

2117723582.png

Those speeds are crazy?!? Are you on fibre or what? Never seen a bt connection that fast in my life!

BT's fibre network is being rolled out to the following exchanges ( leicester central, Montfort, braunstone , st barnabas , west wigston ) all apart from west wigston will be over the coming months and ready for service by christmas. ( I know this as I am in charge of the roll out in these exchanges ) so hopefully that will improve speeds for most BT ( lines ) users if you want it. Most CP's ( ie sky ) will offer a "fibre" service off the back of these improvements

BT's fibre network is being rolled out to the following exchanges ( leicester central, Montfort, braunstone , st barnabas , west wigston ) all apart from west wigston will be over the coming months and ready for service by christmas. ( I know this as I am in charge of the roll out in these exchanges ) so hopefully that will improve speeds for most BT ( lines ) users if you want it. Most CP's ( ie sky ) will offer a "fibre" service off the back of these improvements

Fecks sake, I move in to Leics in sept and will be choosing a new internet, if fibre optic was already there I'd have bought it but will have to buy something else which will tie me in for 12 months no doubt :(

I'm in West Wigston:

Are you saying my Sky Internet (via BT line) speed should increase by virtue of a faster exchange. Or is it only a fibre optic option will give me extra speed?

can you come and sort out my bloody line then, lmao

I am playing Black op's on the ps3 and never had so many connection issues since having BT, i think i need to hardwire it in?

I seem to start the game most games a few seconds after the game is started, and it seems anyone in the path of the box, it cuts the connection off, not all the time mind, but its annoying when it does

its so unstable its unreal

can you come and sort out my bloody line then, lmao

I am playing Black op's on the ps3 and never had so many connection issues since having BT, i think i need to hardwire it in?

I seem to start the game most games a few seconds after the game is started, and it seems anyone in the path of the box, it cuts the connection off, not all the time mind, but its annoying when it does

its so unstable its unreal

Probably got more to do with the router your using tbh, or your using a wireless channel that is being used by next door and it's interfering

Would you know when exactly West Wigston will be ready please? I have checked online and it says by December 2012. The download speed here is absolutely terrible!

Would you know when exactly West Wigston will be ready please? I have checked online and it says by December 2012. The download speed here is absolutely terrible!

:huh: I get ~12 Mbps, not too bad!

:huh: I get ~12 Mbps, not too bad!

Try 1 Mbps here.

lol

It's beyond a joke now. Sad thing is when you take a look at all the service providers, you get exactly the same speed. So why bother changing? Still with BT although tempted by Sky, even if it means only a few quid saved a month!

'tis why I'm no longer on LIVE that much either, apart from not having time.

Try 1 Mbps here.

lol

It's beyond a joke now. Sad thing is when you take a look at all the service providers, you get exactly the same speed. So why bother changing? Still with BT although tempted by Sky, even if it means only a few quid saved a month!

'tis why I'm no longer on LIVE that much either, apart from not having time.

I get the same problem in Thurmaston mate, dreadful speeds.

Archived