Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Tablet advice

I have one. Only use it for surfing, gaming and controlling my music system.

There is a new one on its way with front and back cameras and a better resolution screen.

I am told the other tablets out there are much better.

I have one. Only use it for surfing, gaming and controlling my music system.

There is a new one on its way with front and back cameras and a better resolution screen.

I am told the other tablets out there are much better.

The resolution on the iPad 2 is exactly the same as the 1 - the only differences are the cameras, and a faster processor (which drains the battery quicker, iPad 2 is 9/10 hours, iPad 1 is 11/12 hours).

I have had one pretty much since they came out, I use it to take to meetings for notes and a bit of wireframing and emails on the train when travelling as it's lighter than a laptop. It's also really frustrating sometimes trying to do something that would be so quick/simple to do even on a netbook.

I wouldn't bother personally, if I had my time over again I'd have bought one of the new 10" MacBook Airs (which came out after the iPad 1 sadly).

I think it depends what you are looking for. If you want a tablet with which to consume movies / photos / music / internet browsing then great, and the ipad 2 is clearly the best tablet out as of the end of March from a tech point of view. But I guess it is not cheap being Apple, and then there is the Flash issue, and the buy everything through apple issue which lots of people object to on principle. I sort of do but I am lazy so I don't really care.

Clearly you also need a home PC or Laptop to act as your media server / iphoto base and back up etc. Tablet are not and are never going to be everything. Becuase Apple are pricey people compare them to the same priced laptops etc, which is fair but also unrealistic.

So it boils down to what do you want to do? Personally I sit at a PC all day every day, so I am going to buy an iPAD 2, becuase I want something that is fun, looks good, does all my movies / photos / web browsing which is getting annoying on my iphone when at home, and frankly I can afford to blow £400.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What pills should I take to make my cock bigger

Sorry wrong kind of tablets,

I'm actually looking at getting a new laptop/tablet, I do like the ipad, but generally I dislike Apple, but I am not going to buy an inferior model just for the sake of it.

So do any of the other tablets match up to the ipad, and is the new ipad significantly better than the ipad2, or should I save myself £100+ and get the ipad 2?

My other concern with tablets is typing, I find it weird typing on the screen, and it is ok for quick short messages, but for typing long e-mails or for writing up documents for work I think I would get really pissed off with it, does anyone else have these problems? Do you just get used to it, or did you buy a keyboard, I've seen some smart keyboard covers for the ipad, does anyone have one of these and are they ok? Are there any problems with apple documents being compatible with word or normal pcs?

For those with an ipad are there ever times when you wish you had a laptop/net book instead.

All sensible advice welcomed,

Thank you

The iPad isn't a laptop or even close, I'd never be doing any serious work on it. I use it when traveling for internet browsing some games and email. Around the home it's close by to check out stuff I need further info while watching tv or listening to music. I have the remote app for streaming music and a Directv app for controlling my DVR. I wouldn't buy any other mainly because it's simple and there are tons of apps for it.

Having said that, as with all things Mac, you have to deal with iTunes which is aggravating

The iPad isn't a laptop or even close, I'd never be doing any serious work on it. I use it when traveling for internet browsing some games and email. Around the home it's close by to check out stuff I need further info while watching tv or listening to music. I have the remote app for streaming music and a Directv app for controlling my DVR. I wouldn't buy any other mainly because it's simple and there are tons of apps for it.

Having said that, as with all things Mac, you have to deal with iTunes which is aggravating

Thanks, I forgot about the itunes thing, I have never had an ipod, partly because I don't like itunes, but mainly because I could get a perfectly good mp3 player for a fraction of the price and much better battery life.

The new iPad is brilliant. You get used to typing quick, and if not, the apple wireless keyboard is great.

Do be clear on what you want it for. For me it is a apps / info / internet / email / skype device not for creating anything as such. Real work needs a laptop. If you can only afford one I would buy a laptop. If you have a laptop which is ok but a bit slow, then I would buy an iPad.

The new iPad is brilliant. You get used to typing quick, and if not, the apple wireless keyboard is great.

Do be clear on what you want it for. For me it is a apps / info / internet / email / skype device not for creating anything as such. Real work needs a laptop. If you can only afford one I would buy a laptop. If you have a laptop which is ok but a bit slow, then I would buy an iPad.

I currently have a work laptop, but it is a bit shit and not mine, I have a couple of hobbies around photo manipulation, which I can't do on my work laptop, I would have assumed a tablet would be good for that kind of stuff, and I also do quite a bit of writing for other jobs/hobbies, but I can do that on my work laptop.

I have the Acer A500...

Acer-Iconia-Tab-A500-%25E2%2580%2593-Android-Tablet.jpg

Got it for £300, but you can get it for around £220 now. Running Android 4.1 atm. Love it.

Android Tablets tend to be cheaper than the iPad although I concede the iPad is the better tablet, I love mine.

I have the Acer A500...

Acer-Iconia-Tab-A500-%25E2%2580%2593-Android-Tablet.jpg

Got it for £300, but you can get it for around £220 now. Running Android 4.1 atm. Love it.

Android Tablets tend to be cheaper than the iPad although I concede the iPad is the better tablet, I love mine.

I do have an android phone, so would there be some cross functionality, what are you missing by having this instead of an ipad?

Do you use any photo editing software on it?

Does it have USB ports, I heard the ipad has done away with them (or were they never available on apple products)

Front and rear facing cameras?

Acer a500 has Mini USB, full size USB, mini HDMI so you can hook it up to your TV, Micro SD and Keyboard dock port, 5mp rear camera and webcam at the front It's very well equipped, but imo Steven was right in suggesting the EEE Pad and yes, it would be worth shelling out extra for the Prime. I personally think its better than the new IPad, purely because it offers a lot more.

Also, the A700 is out now, which is basically the Prime but with an Acer body.

:) Hope this helps.

I got looking at them after Heggsy mentioned the Acer A500, they seem to be the best spec wise of the Android tablets, and I like the keyboad dock, do you have one? Do you think it is worth shelling out the extra for the prime?

No but I am looking at buying one. :thumbup:

Archived