Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Guest Col city fan

Seriously who cares if Beckford leaves. He's lazy and the strikers need to be putting effort in and defending up front aswell. Why do you think berbatov has been forced out at man united. The lazyness rubs off on the rest of the team. If he isn't putting effort in then why should everyone else. I reckon our strikers are good enough without beckford - no replacement needed. I think people forget how good a season Nugent had. And am happy with futacs/waghorn/vardy alternating. Schlupp not good enough for me yet. Send out on loan for a whole season.

Do you really know enough about Futacs and Vardy mate to be able to say this with any authority?

I'm sorry, but based upon prior experience (Vardy), goals scored last season (Futacs) and real lack of first team games for ages (Waghorn) that strike force looks pretty average to me.

Look at the forward line ups that the three promoted sides had last season... Carlton Cole, Lambert, Sharp, Roberts, LeFondre, all supplied by the likes of Lallana, Kebe, Nolan to name but a few.

I genuinely don't think there's any comparison to be made YET. This could change, but you're pinning your hopes on the relative unknown.

So far, Pearson has done or seems to be doing almost everything I anticipated he would do. Selling Mills, Bamba, buying a big bloke up front, making Morgan the skipper, 442 in the friendlies,... Now perhaps offloading Jermaine.

I would not be at all surprised, and I mean this genuinely, if we now go on to make a bid for Fryatt.

I'm being serious when I say that. I'm not joking.

and you're bang wrong.

He was the pits last season out wide, he got marginally better in the centre but was still guilty of wasting possession even more so than that cretin Wellens.

I had high hopes for Danns, I hope he improves massively otherwise we're in trouble. With King being out of form and Drinkwater and James both inexperienced we could face yet more frustration from midfield.

Let's face it, our midfield is worse now than it was in League One. That's why we struggle to scrap and fight our way out of this league like we need to. We don't have the players in the middle to break down the dross at this level.

I think Danns is a cracking little player. Watch him go this year. :scarf:

i wouldn't go that far. i like danns but the only thing he does very well is harry opponents. we need some passing quality there to support him and even then i think you need someone who's guaranteed to win you games from midfield if you want to get promoted. our midfield needs serious improvement.

Do you really know enough about Futacs and Vardy mate to be able to say this with any authority?

I'm sorry, but based upon prior experience (Vardy), goals scored last season (Futacs) and real lack of first team games for ages (Waghorn) that strike force looks pretty average to me.

Look at the forward line ups that the three promoted sides had last season... Carlton Cole, Lambert, Sharp, Roberts, LeFondre, all supplied by the likes of Lallana, Kebe, Nolan to name but a few.

'Lambert has never done it at this level'

'le Fondre has never done it at this level'

'Holt has never done it at this level'

'Graham has never done it at this level'

'Vardy has never done it at this level'

So what.

Jason Roberts I wouldn't mind for a year, I think it was no coincidence concerning his arrival and Readings form after the turn of the year. A handful on his day that bloke and bags of experience.

Seriously? :facepalm:

Give me some examples bar Derby away, which incidentally he was poor for the 1st ten mins anyway where Danns was that impressive last season.

Maybe Chelsea away as well he impressed me, but I sadly can remember 5-10 games where he was terrible.

I hope he improves as I always thought he was decent at other clubs but either he under-achieved last season or I was fooled by a few flash goals and runs.

He was the pits last season out wide, he got marginally better in the centre but was still guilty of wasting possession even more so than that cretin Wellens.

I had high hopes for Danns, I hope he improves massively otherwise we're in trouble. With King being out of form and Drinkwater and James both inexperienced we could face yet more frustration from midfield.

Let's face it, our midfield is worse now than it was in League One. That's why we struggle to scrap and fight our way out of this league like we need to. We don't have the players in the middle to break down the dross at this level.

Like it or not, Danns is Pearsons main man in the centre of the park this season

Give me some examples bar Derby away, which incidentally he was poor for the 1st ten mins anyway where Danns was that impressive last season.

Maybe Chelsea away as well he impressed me, but I sadly can remember 5-10 games where he was terrible.

I hope he improves as I always thought he was decent at other clubs but either he under-achieved last season or I was fooled by a few flash goals and runs.

I reckon he was our best performer from january till end of season. Was one player who showed passion and tried every game, no he isn't the best technically but i reckon he would get in most championship teams. I remember forest away in the FA cup he was outstanding. Under Sven I agree but think you may be forgetting his performances for Pearson.

Bit harsh, he definitely improved and we missed him after his suspension. He needs to improve ball retention though no question.

Guest Col city fan

I reckon he was our best performer from january till end of season. Was one player who showed passion and tried every game, no he isn't the best technically but i reckon he would get in most championship teams. I remember forest away in the FA cup he was outstanding. Under Sven I agree but think you may be forgetting his performances for Pearson.

Have people really got such short memories.

Danns resurgence in form corresponded with much better performances from the team per se.

If I remember rightly he had a blinder away at Derby?

He'd be in my team, given the options available, because he was the one midfielder at the time who looked full of energy and commitment and some ability too.

An in form Danns looked a good player to me. Who to play alongside him would be the quandary?

For me, Drinkwater I think.

Guest Col city fan

'Lambert has never done it at this level'

'le Fondre has never done it at this level'

'Holt has never done it at this level'

'Graham has never done it at this level'

'Vardy has never done it at this level'

So what.

Sorry mate you seem to be becoming more hostile IMO.

Gonna 'ignore' ya.

I genuinely don't think there's any comparison to be made YET. This could change, but you're pinning your hopes on the relative unknown.

So far, Pearson has done or seems to be doing almost everything I anticipated he would do. Selling Mills, Bamba, buying a big bloke up front, making Morgan the skipper, 442 in the friendlies,... Now perhaps offloading Jermaine.

I would not be at all surprised, and I mean this genuinely, if we now go on to make a bid for Fryatt.

I'm being serious when I say that. I'm not joking.

Good points, but I just think vardy will surprise a few people this season. Im fairly happy with our strike force to be honest. Hope fryatt doesn't re sign though! He's just too slow and lightweight for me.

Sorry mate you seem to be becoming ever more hostile.

Gonna 'ignore' ya.

I don't see how that's hostile.

Although you aren't reading this so not sure why I'm posting it...

Lovely weather, huh?

Guest Col city fan

Good points, but I just think vardy will surprise a few people this season. Im fairly happy with our strike force to be honest. Hope fryatt doesn't re sign though! He's just too slow and lightweight for me.

I haven't seen Vardy play to be fair so can't make up my own mind on him yet. I have it on good authority though that the boy is lightning quick and that he's a good player so I have high hopes for the lad.

Nugent will be the championship top scorer this season. you heard it here first ! He is our best striker in years I think. Doesn't get recognition he deserves.

Again he did well, but there's nothing really to suggest he's going to be the top scorer in the Championship next year, I hope you're right.

I'll take a stab at the staring 11 home to Posh: Schmeichel, DeLaet, Morgan, Whitbread,Konchesky, Danns, Drinkwater, New Signing, Marshall, Nugent, Vardy

To be fair, think you about bang on but wouldnt surprise me if its James instead of Danns, other thant that yes i think that will be the starting 11.

Guest ttfn

Sorry mate you seem to be becoming ever more hostile.

Gonna 'ignore' ya.

Come on Col, if you're counting that as "hostile" you'll soon have nobody else's posts to read.

Really confused by your posts in this thread - I know you thought Beckford could turn it around, but you were amongst the first to recognize that he was dross last season.

I'll take a stab at the staring 11 home to Posh: Schmeichel, DeLaet, Morgan, Whitbread,Konchesky, Danns, Drinkwater, New Signing, Marshall, Nugent, Vardy

Nope the midfield will be Gallagher - King - Danns - Dyer.

Archived