Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

I agree with everything you say, except Dyer.

Used well, he's still the only midfielder with real pace. I've always liked him. It's centre mid we need to strengthen IMO.

He has pace but no end product and for a winger you need end product, he could be squad player but first teamer no thanks.

Guest Col city fan

He has pace but no end product and for a winger you need end product, he could be squad player but first teamer no thanks.

Yeah he has.. His end product ain't as bad as people make out.

Watch him with Vardy next season. I bet they link up really well together.

Agree with this. Soon as Dyer is past his man or in a good position he really doesn't know what to do or he rushes and at least 7 or 8/10 he makes the wrong decision.

The only club I can see Becks going to is Leeds, which would be bad for us letting him go to a potential rival play off club. Unless he wants to leave keep him around, waggy gets on my nervous is useless okay he got a goal against Leeds but big deal end of season, nothing at stake. SELL HIM INSTEAD!

Guest Col city fan

I'm not denying Jarrett was shit but he definitely played a few blinders to begin with then went downhill.

Can't even recollect him!

lol

Guest Col city fan

Agree with this. Soon as Dyer is past his man or in a good position he really doesn't know what to do or he rushes and at least 7 or 8/10 he makes the wrong decision.

Believe me, I got faith in Lloydy. I think he's perennially underestimated by many fans and even by Sven, one of the reasons I believe which led to his dismissal.

Here's why...

I think Dyer is actually so quick that the other players find it hard to keep up with him. Therefore, on many occasions when he looks up to find a striker there is literally no one near him.

When he then opts to cut inside and to shoot at goal himself, it's sometimes because it's his only option.

Vardy is lightning... You watch them forge a partnership together this season.

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong, but I got a sneaky feeling that Lloyd Dyer is gonna have a really good season.

Pearsons buying too many strikers when we already have some quality up there,

we now have 9 strikers, from top quality acadamy strikers to top championship strikers that can all score goals.

He needs to start buying players in positions that are needed like wingers and C midfielders!!

I SAY KEEP BeCKFORD!!!!!

If we play a 4-4-2 with Lloyd on the left then surely Marshall will be on the right. His delivery didn't look bad last year.

Point made irrelevant by Col editing his post... not that he read my post or anything...

Guest Col city fan

No 4-4-2 please

C'mon mate this is Nigel Pearson.

Betcha we play 442 with Gally on the right hand side.

Believe me, I got faith in Lloydy. I think he's perennially underestimated by many fans and even by Sven, one of the reasons I believe which led to his dismissal.

Here's why...

I think Dyer is actually so quick that the other players find it hard to keep up with him. Therefore, on many occasions when he looks up to find a striker there is literally no one near him.

When he then opts to cut inside and to shoot at goal himself, it's sometimes because it's his only option.

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong, but I got a sneaky feeling that Lloyd Dyer is gonna have a really good season.

Can't work out if this is a wind up or not??

Dyer couldn't cross a road! His end product whether it be a shot or a cross is shocking.

He's a squad player at best next season

Guest Col city fan

Can't work out if this is a wind up or not??

Dyer couldn't cross a road! His end product whether it be a shot or a cross is shocking.

He's a squad player at best next season

Certainly not a wind up!!!!

lol

We'll have to agree to disagree pal.

I reckon Lloyd and Reg could work really well together.

Here's why...

He's so quick he can't keep up with himself...

If he hasn't managed to be able to cross or shoot by this age then one pre season will not make any difference and will be the reason we will continue to struggle without bringing in someone with better quality, same goes with Gallagher.

Here's why...

Dyer should play more away than at home.

Any decent defender can stand off him and defend him. Any decent defender can deal with players like Dyer who really are just pure pace and very little technical ability. Marshall's a whole different one, he has the full package, his only letdown is he does actually go missing at times.

But it's no co-incidence to me that 75% of Dyer's goals seem to come away, teams push up more and his pace is far more threatening as there's more space for him to run into. Whilst he is pure pace, he's probably the quickest player I've ever seen at the club, absolutely lightning.

But at home he's generally fvcking hopeless. Against sides who sit back and stand off him he's absolutely terrible, hides in the middle and rarely does anything when on the ball. Away from home when he's given the space he can destroy sides with his pace alone.

I'd keep him for his pace alone but if he's our regular winger I'll have to agree with people slamming our promotion chances. We have got to aim a lot higher. He doesn't unlock tight defences, only exposed ones, Marshall unlocks the tight ones, Marshall is probably the most FLAIR player at the club.

Here's why...

This

Im still not convinced about Beckford, hes a luxury player and i personally dont think hes a Nigel type player. He isnt a hard worker and is there basically to stand in the box and score goals but think we havent really got a midfeild to play to Beckfords strengths. He likes to run down the channels and likes lots of through balls but doesnt do any hard work getting back. Hope Beckfords not an automatic starter Vardy- Nugent looks promising but i still feel Vardy could do a job cutting in from the left wing and then we could play Futacs next to Nugent or even give Schluup a chance to shine. Ive said this before but he so reminds me of when we had Dj Cambell here exactly the same sort of player likes to run on to things. It just doesnt suit our team you have to play open football to play those sort of players and i dont think we will.

Archived