Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Gally will not play wide right. After last season Ben Marshall is nailed on for that position. To start with:

Kasper

De laet. Morgan. SSL. Konch.

James.

Marshall. Danns. Vardy.

Futacs. Nuggent.

(just my guess). I have massive hopes for Danns next season, just felt he really got it together lastvseason in his last 4 matches or so. I think the future is looking good. Good balance of age and youth, experience and ambition.

Guest Col city fan

Gally will not play wide right. After last season Ben Marshall is nailed on for that position. To start with:

Kasper

James.

Marshall. Danns. Vardy.

Futacs. Nuggent.

(just my guess). I have massive hopes for Danns next season, just felt he really got it together lastvseason in his last 4 matches or so. I think the future is looking good. Good balance of age and youth, experience and ambition.

I agree with you about the good balance. I'm sure any Nigel Pearson team will have this.

Actually, I remain so much more optimistic under Nige than I ever was under Sven.

However, it's a big shout about the new boys mate. DeLaet, James, big Futacs... Do you really know much about them?

I want to see them first before I pass any judgement so will probably pop over to Burton tomorrow to have a gander.

I'm not dismissing any of them, I just want to see them for myself.

This

Dyer's return in terms of goals and assists would improve dramatically if people got on the end of low crosses he skims across the six yard box, if he had more than Konchesky offering a modicum of immediate support and if he stayed steadier when he shoots.

Marshall would be a doddle to mark compared to Dyer but both would benefit from committed and consistent support particularly from central midfield and from the likes, hopefully, of Vardy who already looks likely to be a vital cog in our wheel for all sorts of reasons.

Both carry a danger when moving inside but that is often self-defeating when no-one else has the presence of mind, and speed, to recognise this and make the width themselves.

I know what you mean col. At the end of the day this is my guess formation. As a betting man I would say that De Laet will start in that Rb position. James I'm not sure. Vardy, well he's got pace and can play wing too. I think vardy has proved at every level he is good for his money. The question is if he can step up three divisions. I say put the lad in and we'll see. If it doesn't go well then Lloyd can slip in there or even schlupp has played there too as well as gally. Futacs - I'm convinced he'll play his part as both Becks and Nugget struggle physically. Futacs is the target man and the ball winner we have needed for Nuggent and Beckford to shine. With him in the side I reckon both can hit the late teens in terms of goals scored and if 1 player features for more than 38 odd games I reckon that player, be it nugget or necks, has the ability to bag 20 plus goals.

Guest Col city fan

Dyer's return in terms of goals and assists would improve dramatically if people got on the end of low crosses he skims across the six yard box, if he had more than Konchesky offering a modicum of immediate support and if he stayed steadier when he shoots.

Marshall would be a doddle to mark compared to Dyer but both would benefit from committed and consistent support particularly from central midfield and from the likes, hopefully, of Vardy who already looks likely to be a vital cog in our wheel for all sorts of reasons.

Both carry a danger when moving inside but that is often self-defeating when no-one else has the presence of mind, and speed, to recognise this and make the width themselves.

You've hit the nail on the head Thrac

Dyer's not the problem... his assists will increase dramatically with a 'sniffer' in the box and with a quicker central midfield to get into the box for the crosses fizzed over.

Guest Col city fan

I know what you mean col. At the end of the day this is my guess formation. As a betting man I would say that De Laet will start in that Rb position. James I'm not sure. Vardy, well he's got pace and can play wing too. I think vardy has proved at every level he is good for his money. The question is if he can step up three divisions. I say put the lad in and we'll see. If it doesn't go well then Lloyd can slip in there or even schlupp has played there too as well as gally. Futacs - I'm convinced he'll play his part as both Becks and Nugget struggle physically. Futacs is the target man and the ball winner we have needed for Nuggent and Beckford to shine. With him in the side I reckon both can hit the late teens in terms of goals scored and if 1 player features for more than 38 odd games I reckon that player, be it nugget or necks, has the ability to bag 20 plus goals.

good post mate, you may well be right.

Kasper

James.

Marshall. Danns. Vardy.

Futacs. Nuggent.

This team is so weak.

We're mid table team at best. Our signings have not been good enough to improve the team. I have very low expectations for next season.

I think Nugent is highly overrated

Ok, as they had exactly the same service how do you explain Nugent's 15 league goals compared to Beckford's 9?

And do you think 15 League goals is a bad return?

It's not bad. We're still going to be an average team next season.

Can you explain your reasons for this? I want to know exactly why you think this season will be distinctly average, and why we won't improve on next season. Pearson is a clever guy, he has bought hungry, young players to add to the experience and quality players that we have. Pearson will make sure that we are defensively sound. I would say we are a little way from our best - but I believe Pearson will bring this back, however - we have to give him time and perhaps more importantly our support.

Can you explain your reasons for this? I want to know exactly why you think this season will be distinctly average, and why we won't improve on next season. Pearson is a clever guy, he has bought hungry, young players to add to the experience and quality players that we have. Pearson will make sure that we are defensively sound. I would say we are a little way from our best - but I believe Pearson will bring this back, however - we have to give him time and perhaps more importantly our support.

We lack that flair player in midfield i.e playmaker and a LW of better quality than Dyer get those two players in and I am confident we will look a better proposition as a team and may challenge for automatic promotion imo, But as things stand we are outside the playoffs team atm.

We need an attacking creative midfielder, a Left Midfielder and not to sell beckford then I will believe we can finish top 6.

Until then not convinced - defence will need to be much stronger this season

Exactly. People blame the midfield but what could they actually do last season with 2 strikers that were no good in the air and couldn't hold the ball up. They had very limited options. Especially Dyer who is just too fast for our own team let alone everyone else. But he gets to the point where he can't actually do anything with the ball because no one is up there with him

Exactly. People blame the midfield but what could they actually do last season with 2 strikers that were no good in the air and couldn't hold the ball up. They had very limited options. Especially Dyer who is just too fast for our own team let alone everyone else. But he gets to the point where he can't actually do anything with the ball because no one is up there with him

Play the ball to their feet that might be a good idea?, we have lacked that midfielder that can thread a through ball and unlock the opposition defense, last season was too predictable with our build up play passy passy football with no cutting edge imo, particularly from the LW and the centre of the midfield imo.

Dyer is the problem, his crosses are inaccurate. More evidence that he can't cross can be found in the fact that he takes neither corners nor free kicks, you'd assume as a winger he'd be one of our more proficient crossers and therefore a prime candidate for taking set pieces.

He had 9 assists in Div 1 and then 1 the follow season with the same strike force but in the Championship. He then experienced a dramatic improvement in form when weighing in with 2 assists a season for the next two years (SSL had more assists last season!).

That's 5 assists in 105 appearances in the Championship which quite frankly is embarrasing.

Archived