Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Guest Col city fan

Leicester leg-end last season. He's a long way from being a legend

Legend!

lol

Though he is fast becoming one on here...

hes a legend at leeeds (their fans are mainly scum but they appreciate quality rather than "hume-like effort)

Must not reply.... aaaah **** it.

Legend at League One... level like Matty Fryup, the same Fryup who outscored him by 7 goals in the league last year.

Secondly, Hume also outscored Beckfords league goal tally every year he was here I believe.

Just found this interesting website.

http://www.transferm...eler_38874.html

If you look at Beckford's goals per minute played in the Premier League, he has scored over 4 goals every 90 minutes of Premier League football.

Not bad.

Hold the press, I read it wrong.

He has scored a goal in the Premier League every 175 minutes he has played.

Still not bad.

Just found this interesting website.

http://www.transferm...eler_38874.html

If you look at Beckford's goals per minute played in the Premier League, he has scored over 4 goals every 90 minutes of Premier League football.

Not bad.

Hold the press, I read it wrong.

He has scored a goal in the Premier League every 175 minutes he has played.

Still not bad.

That's quite a comedown in a short space of time.

Another interesting stat. (if you are an anorak like me)

Beckford scored 1 goal every 7 games for Sven but has scored a goal every 2.5 games for Pearson.

So he has done better under Pearson than Sven.

Nice Stat.... but does that include cup goals? :ph34r:

Today, Beckford's agent has said he hasn't been told he can leave. Also said the story in the Sun is just made up

Do Toffee_fox/Fourth Official and the King of the Beckford cheerleaders on Twitter, Bert.... stand by their info or is Becks' agent essentially playing the 'agent's game'.

How are there 19 pages on this?

Beckford's record at Leicester is similar to his performances, good but not great, he has done nothing to suggest he will bag 30 next season, but has done nothing to warrant getting his contract ripped up.

I think anybody thinking rationally will agree that we should listen to any substantial offers and let Beckford decide, if he goes it is a big chunk off our wage bill and a nice boost to our bank balance and we still have plenty of attacking options, if he stays we have someone of proven ability, but yet to fully see this in a Leicester shirt, and someone who wants to stay and fight for his place.

Having witness halcyon days of Leicester City past............ lol

I will say this about Beckford ,

Promotion campaigns start at the first whistle of the opening game of the season , and sucessful ones very often end up

with a "unlikely hero" stabbing the ball in the oppositions net sometime in May ( approx 9 months later )

A little bit of me feels he could be worth hanging on too , as he could be that player

I never really rated him, and wasn't that pleased as everyone else when we signed him.. He scored a load of goals for Leeds at League One level (although you can only score against what's in front of you!), moved to a big club in Everton and scored about 8 goals in 20 (can't remember exactly without looking) and then we paid a bit of a price for him. Always seemed like a panic-purchase by Sven, especially considering he couldn't get Maynard and apparently Jelavic here.

His workrate isn't that good at times, but with the right support, the right play and the right delivery I believe he can be a decent Championship striker. Remember, he played alongside a target man at Leeds when he scored a load of goals, and Beckford hasn't had that player at the side of him; Howard rarely played and we've only just signed Futacs.

Archived