Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Has anyone taken account of the time value of money here or a discounting factor?

You sound as boring as me.

Judging by the accounts, 8% would be the magic number!

How about we keep Beckford and let the owners/chairman/Pearson worry about how much he earns?

Because we care about where the money comes from and want to be sure that the club is financially sustainable in the future if the owners pull out...?

Because we care about where the money comes from and want to be sure that the club is financially sustainable in the future if the owners pull out...?

And how exactly would the owners pull out?? They'd sell, which means the buyer would be happy to take on that level of debt.

And how exactly would the owners pull out?? They'd sell, which means the buyer would be happy to take on that level of debt.

If they can find someone willing to take on that level of debt, and that's if those people are genuine, you only have to look at Portsmouth and Rangers to see that you can't just spend money you don't have and hope to be bailed out. Rich owners don't grow on trees and the worse a financial position we put ourselves in the less likely to fall on our feet we are if the owners do leave.

If they can find someone willing to take on that level of debt, and that's if those people are genuine, you only have to look at Portsmouth and Rangers to see that you can't just spend money you don't have and hope to be bailed out. Rich owners don't grow on trees and the worse a financial position we put ourselves in the less likely to fall on our feet we are if the owners do leave.

The worse the financial situation gets then the more committed the current owners will have to be - because they won't be able to sell .... but they can easily afford alot more debt. Rangers and Pompey were completely different - debt the owners wouldn't afford. We're not in that situation and are a country mile away from it. As a ratio of debt to net worth of the owners we have never been in a better position.

Back on topic...

Prob already mentioned but I was browsing next seasons footy markets and Becks is 2/1 fav to be Champ top scorer on Paddy Power!

Remember - the bookies never lose!

You think we're going to win the league as well?

Guest Col city fan

You shaped the rock

And Col pushed it down the hill

Was thinking this just now and then I read your message.

I admit I was critical of Beckford last season but the last week or two how many have taken over the baton and run with it till the whole subject has become completely exhausted!

It don't need me mentioning anything now, nearly everyone else is...

lol

Back on topic...

Prob already mentioned but I was browsing next seasons footy markets and Becks is 2/1 fav to be Champ top scorer on Paddy Power!

Remember - the bookies never lose!

Your betting with wrong company then cos he's 14/1 joint favourite at william hill so 2/1 really is a shit bet lol

From waccoe.

Just Spoke to Warnock outside the ground.

- Peltier has signed and is here today

- When asked about Beckford he said that 'he'd turned down Southampton to play for us' but then said 'if you lads all chip in for his wages we'll get him here'-

- When asked about the takeover he sighed and said he knew nothing new

- Kisnorbo is starting today and playing the first 20 minutes

Edit- Also, on new signings he said 'it's like getting blood from a stone at the moment' and it's frustrating only been able to bring in one at a time at the moment, when the takeover goes through he says he'll be able to spend how he wants to.

This post has been edited by N11 LUFC MOT: Yesterday, 02:10 PM

This is another classic example of a lot of our fans rating players by the all too common yard stick of running yourself into the ground.

Beckford will do that but not for 90 minutes, his touch can be poor and his runs with the ball sometimes look like something out of Keystone Cops.

However he has that knack that you pay all that money for... To score goals.

I know some of our fans will never accept him here, just like Yakubu before him, and that's a shame.

Maybe this season's goal tally will change their minds?

Archived