Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

This is another classic example of a lot of our fans rating players by the all too common yard stick of running yourself into the ground.

Maybe some do but now all, I'll judge the by their all round game... and his has not been good enough so far.

However he has that knack that you pay all that money for... To score goals.

I know some of our fans will never accept him here, just like Yakubu before him, and that's a shame.

Beckford - 9 in 39 league game

Yakubu - 11 in 20 league games

Not sure they are even comparable.

Maybe this season's goal tally will change their minds?

If he scores more than 9 yes it will.

This is another classic example of a lot of our fans rating players by the all too common yard stick of running yourself into the ground.

Beckford will do that but not for 90 minutes, his touch can be poor and his runs with the ball sometimes look like something out of Keystone Cops.

However he has that knack that you pay all that money for... To score goals.

I know some of our fans will never accept him here, just like Yakubu before him, and that's a shame.

Maybe this season's goal tally will change their minds?

It's not about how hard he works, I was a massive fan of Yakubu, wish we'd been able to get him back. The problem with Beckford is though, he hasn't scored goals. If he had performed like Yakubu then no one would care about his poor touch and his low work rate. But when you're doing those things and getting 9 goals in a league season? Frankly I don't think you should be on twice the wages of a lot of our strikers who when given the chance have done similar and contributed more all round. When he proves he has that knack of scoring goals I'll be a massive fan, but he hasn't done it yet, and as a result of that he really hasn't done anything to suggest he's worth £30,000 a week. If he scores at the rate he was brought to score then you're right people will change their minds, but should we pretend he's a great player despite the evidence presented to us last season? No.

They would have, just as they moaned about Yakubu.

Maybe, but I think if Yakubu had a full season as soon as he reached the 20 goal mark the moaners would have dissapeared.

On the thread about the cancelled fixture, Steve Walsh said something along the lines of, ' the partnership between Nugent and Vardy is developing well'.

Personally I can't see Beckford being happy sitting on the bench week after week. I also cannot see Pearson accepting he is paying a player huge wages to sit on the bench.

Maybe Beckford has already been replaced with Vardy and might be on his way out after all.

Another deadline deal for Beckford?

On the thread about the cancelled fixture, Steve Walsh said something along the lines of, ' the partnership between Nugent and Vardy is developing well'.

Personally I can't see Beckford being happy sitting on the bench week after week. I also cannot see Pearson accepting he is paying a player huge wages to sit on the bench.

Maybe Beckford has already been replaced with Vardy and might be on his way out after all.

Another deadline deal for Beckford?

I know you can't read too much into it because of mid-week but according to Bert, Beckford didn't feature at all. Wouldn't be surprised to see Beckford go out on loan eventually to be honest, but I think you're right it wouldn't be sensible for the club or the player to have him sitting on the bench, and after last season it's difficult to justify starting with Nugent/Beckford again.

Leeds will not be able to afford the wages he is currently on here, another a severance package is on the cards, if they offer £1.5m + and we agree a severance package he will probably leave oh well it will be our loss imo.

Beckford really is a willy puller ! I think we're stuck with him for ages. could be another dj situation.

Chilli....nice to see someone holding back :P I think the writings on the wall and will not be sorry to see him go if he does, my version of your post is Overrated, overpaid and underperformed!

Where have all the vast majority of people who voted that Beckford was great, gone?

I still think he is a good player to have in the squad, but am resigned to seeing him leave it would be a shame to loose a player of his caliber yes you can say he hasn't delivered the goods but if we give him a chance i.e next season he well may prove a lot of the doubters wrong. But if he does leave I would like a replacement.

I still think he is a good player to have in the squad, but am resigned to seeing him leave it would be a shame to loose a player of his caliber yes you can say he hasn't delivered the goods but if we give him a chance i.e next season he well may prove a lot of the doubters wrong. But if he does leave I would like a replacement.

Happy...in business if I turned to my MD and said" not had much of a year this year boss but I have it in my locker and will show you next year" I'm sure his reply would be " ofcourse you've not delivered what I want but what the hell I'll give you a chance" or maybe not :wave:

Guest Col city fan

Have people still not got the 'lose', 'loose' differentiation?

lol

Happy...in business if I turned to my MD and said" not had much of a year this year boss but I have it in my locker and will show you next year" I'm sure his reply would be " ofcourse you've not delivered what I want but what the hell I'll give you a chance" or maybe not :wave:

But isn't it an unhealthy model to get rid of players and buy news ones every season? Without giving them time to settle in the management style, 15 goals isn't bad it is something Beckford can work on and his team colleagues, to help him achieve his goals and our goal which is promotion.

Guest Col city fan

All depends if you still had three years left on a four year contract and were earning silly money mate!

lol

To be fair, for anyone to come in for Beckford his wages may be a big stumbling block.

To be fair it's not all beckford fault. it's 50% his fault and 50% sven for signing him. God I'm glad he's gone. he signed some complete duffers. The players he signed were not ambitious, they were just here for the money. Pantsil, ball, mills, beckford, Johnson. just think - mills, beckford, Johnson and pantsil were costing us 100k a week lol

All depends if you still had three years left on a four year contract and were earning silly money mate!

lol

To be fair, for anyone to come in for Beckford his wages may be a big stumbling block.

Yeah that's the scary part Col...... who sanctioned and negotiated such a crazy deal for a relatively unproven player?

The reaction from our fans at Burnley was appalling, a lot of our fans really went down in my estimation after that. I didn't sit near a single person who criticized Beckford last year, but there were more than a few who gave Gallagher stick where I sit last year. Sort of difficult to believe really when we're chasing a goal, bring on a player who, love him or hate him, scores relatively frequently for a midfielder, and he gets booed before he touches the ball.

They're not fans, they're just bandwagon hopping mongoloids that for some reason continue to attend our games.

I don't buy into all this happy-clappy crap YAAAAAAAY GALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all that tosh but to boo the bloke before he's even touched the ball is a complete disgrace, it's not like he's ever ****ed this club over one bit.

I voted Beckford should start and I like Beckford.

But...I'm not the manager and if Pearson thinks Vardy is better than Beckford and will score more goals then I'll go with that. In which case, Beckford becomes a very expensive luxury. I'm happy to have Beckford at the club and starting but if he isn't starting, then move him on.

I think I've said before I would be disappointed but not gutted.

(If Vardy doesn't score 20 by Christmas, will people be slating Pearson for getting rid of Beckford? Fickle lot football fans)

Archived