Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Beckford - 9 in 39 league game

Yakubu - 11 in 20 league games

Yakubu is undoubtedly a better player in my opinion.

However that didn't stop him getting huge stick from some of the brain deads who would take me instead if I ran my nuts off for 90 minutes.

Beckford took half the season to bed in, for whatever reason, but once he did he scored goals and looked like scoring goals a lot of the time.

Given starts this coming season you will see a lot more than 9 goals next season for me.

Let the negatives slag him off, he can do his talking on the pitch.

Beckford really is a willy puller ! I think we're stuck with him for ages. could be another dj situation.

willy puller? You are a joke, calling one of your own player that. Fook off and support Forest, our club doesn't need fans like you.

willy puller? You are a joke, calling one of your own player that. Fook off and support Forest, our club doesn't need fans like you.

Bilbo watch the blood pressure :sweating: from my brief time on FT I am led to believe extreme views are welcomed with open arms :P

Beckford really is a willy puller ! I think we're stuck with him for ages. could be another dj situation.

Where have all the vast majority of people who voted that Beckford was great, gone?

I'm here and a Beckford fan. Unfortunately we just haven't got the fan base for anyone with a bit of quality, and the manager for anyone with a bit of an ego .... which means that we are destined to keep signing 20 year olds that will run themselves into the ground chasing the hopeful long ball.

Shame really .... I'd love us to play nice football and appreciate decent players - with flaws yes, sometimes not the greatest touch, but a goalscorer (and yes in a side that had a management change and a drastic style change he only got 16 last season - that's a drop in form not class).

I'm here and a Beckford fan. Unfortunately we just haven't got the fan base for anyone with a bit of quality, and the manager for anyone with a bit of an ego .... which means that we are destined to keep signing 20 year olds that will run themselves into the ground chasing the hopeful long ball.

Shame really .... I'd love us to play nice football and appreciate decent players - with flaws yes, sometimes not the greatest touch, but a goalscorer (and yes in a side that had a management change and a drastic style change he only got 16 last season - that's a drop in form not class).

Kasper, Konch and Nugent are well received by the fans, wouldn't you say?

Waller you very nearly convinced me my stance on Beckford was too harsh :blush: then I slapped myself, thought about his reputedly very high wages,considered his reputation and what he has actually delivered for us and other clubs apart from Leeds in the 3rd tier and finished back to my thoughts as before! A quality striker will score goals in a poor side because they've got that something extra like Billy Sharpe in a very poor Doncaster side JB IMO does not possess that special quality unfortunately!

and the manager for anyone with a bit of an ego ....

Well that can't be true, according to Kingfox Gerrard is a right bighead and Pearson managed him to player of the season.

Unfortunately we just haven't got the fan base for anyone with a bit of quality

Or the players.

If Vardy doesn't score 20 by Christmas, will people be slating Pearson for getting rid of Beckford? Fickle lot football fans

Vardy only has to score 9 league goals and he'll be proclaimed brilliant by those that love Beckford dearly.... wouldn't he? Surely?

Well that can't be true, according to Kingfox Gerrard is a right bighead and Pearson managed him to player of the season.

Or the players.

Agree why can't people understand it's the sum of the parts that make the whole and NP is obviously building a team ethos not a vessel for over inflated over paid under performing egos.

Kasper, Konch and Nugent are well received by the fans, wouldn't you say?

Absolutely ... Mainly because they combine quality with passion and work rate .... We just don't appreciate anyone if they don't run around lots!

Waller you very nearly convinced me my stance on Beckford was too harsh :blush: then I slapped myself, thought about his reputedly very high wages,considered his reputation and what he has actually delivered for us and other clubs apart from Leeds in the 3rd tier and finished back to my thoughts as before! A quality striker will score goals in a poor side because they've got that something extra like Billy Sharpe in a very poor Doncaster side JB IMO does not possess that special quality unfortunately!

So near yet so far!!!

Must be true then.

Or the players.

For once I whole heartedly agree!!!!!

Beckford won't mind 35k a week and fighting for a 1st team place, he's had to to do it before. If he takes his chances he'll start. Likewise Vardy and Nugent. Waghorn's days are surely numbered as Futacs will be given his fair share of chances too. I'd tap Derby up for that million sharpish if I was Nigel.

Absolutely ... Mainly because they combine quality with passion and work rate .... We just don't appreciate anyone if they don't run around lots!

So what did Beckford bring to the team then for people to actually appreciate? Joint 37th league goalscorer?

Vardy only has to score 9 league goals and he'll be proclaimed brilliant by those that love Beckford dearly.... wouldn't he? Surely?

This is typical FT exaggeration. I don't think you'll find too many that claim Beckford was brilliant last year. If Vardy gets 9 or 10 league goals and totals 15 then i'll be more than happy.

This is typical FT exaggeration. I don't think you'll find too many that claim Beckford was brilliant last year. If Vardy gets 9 or 10 league goals and totals 15 then i'll be more than happy.

It was a joke.

But hang on... I keep getting told that the Beckford poll showed that everyone thought be was "great".

if we give Beckford the service/chances he will score...

Blind faith.

It was a joke.

;)

But hang on... I keep getting told that the Beckford poll showed that everyone thought be was "great".

Might be mis-remembering but weren't the only two options 'he's amazing' and 'he's shit'. :P

Archived