Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Guest Col city fan

Might be mis-remembering but weren't the only two options 'he's amazing' and 'he's shit'. :P

Nope:

1. Offload him he's not good enough

2. Keep him and play him he's great

3. Keep him but not in the first team

Or summat like that.

The poll wasn't the best, but the results were overwhelming.

I think Babylon is merely replying to such immense optimism with some realism too.

Fair play to him.

Vardy only has to score 9 league goals and he'll be proclaimed brilliant by those that love Beckford dearly.... wouldn't he? Surely?

But Vardy isn't competing against what Beckford did last season, but what he potentially would've achieved next season if he hadn't been sold.

But Vardy isn't competing against what Beckford did last season, but what he potentially would've achieved next season if he hadn't been sold.

So he is competing against a mythical, fantasy figure of goals which could be anything from 0-1000?

Great yardstick.

Why are you answering a question posed at a specific person that isnt you?

Why do you think he wouldn't celebrate?

Babylon doesn't hate him so much he won't even acknowledge his presence, he just doesn't rate him that highly.

I'm just trying to understand if people who dislike players so much are happy when they do well for us, like when Gallagher scores, the Kop still celebrate even though people in there boo when he comes on. Or maybe I'm just trying to defend Beckford too much, I dont know..

I'm just trying to understand if people who dislike players so much are happy when they do well for us, like when Gallagher scores, the Kop still celebrate even though people in there boo when he comes on. Or maybe I'm just trying to defend Beckford too much, I dont know..

I do not think it is a question of him disliking him to the point he would rather he fail. More that he believes quite rightly that he has not given value for money so far.

Where he differs from most is that he is still to see him capable of improving enough to justify his fee/wages where others saw him steadily improve over the second half of the season and can see him having a better season this time around. If he can score in the Prem then he can score in the Championship.

Guest Col city fan

Im on the fence with Beckford. He is a good goal scorer but has the first touch of a pregnant hippo

Not an oft used simile than one mate.

(or is it a metaphor? I never know the difference)

lol

Did he say that then? :dry:

Babylon will you celebrate when Beckford scores this season?

Sol I know you are asking a question of Babylon, however I will put my slant on your question I have been vocal about the value JB brings to the table and patently feel it is woeful based on hype and expectation and I question what he actually has achieved for us v what he costs us.Then matchday comes and I support OUR team not individuals if he scores and does well I WILL eat my words and be pleased in equal measures! personally I don't think he will and it will help the club financially at no great loss but irrespective COYB :chant:

Babylon will you celebrate when Beckford scores this season?

Well first of all I do not hate or even dislike Beckford so let's get that clear. I would love to see the guy bang them in next year for us, so yes I will celebrate.

I've praised Beckford when he has played well. Ie. the Boro game when I thought he was fantastic. So I'm not even anti Beckford. I just believe he was poor value for money.

My major gripe on here is with what I consider to be blind faith in his favour. He has never scored more than 9 league goals above league one and people talk about him as though it's nailed on he'll bang them in for fun. Some proclaiming him to be our best striker even though his league tally was way off Nugents.

Then of course you have people slating other strikers we have had previously, and ones we have now when they have either out scored him in this league, or have a strike rate very similar. Which just seems odd to me.

Maybe he will be average like this year, maybe he will be amazing. I really don't have a clue. I've gone on record several times saying I'd like him to have another shot this year as there have been a few glimpses of a great players. But I worry as Steve Walsh said, he's only a 10 games a season player.

Well first of all I do not hate or even dislike Beckford so let's get that clear. I would love to see the guy bang them in next year for us, so yes I will celebrate.

I've praised Beckford when he has played well. Ie. the Boro game when I thought he was fantastic. So I'm not even anti Beckford. I just believe he was poor value for money.

My major gripe on here is with what I consider to be blind faith in his favour. He has never scored more than 9 league goals above league one and people talk about him as though it's nailed on he'll bang them in for fun. Some proclaiming him to be our best striker even though his league tally was way off Nugents.

Then of course you have people slating other strikers we have had previously, and ones we have now when they have either out scored him in this league, or have a strike rate very similar. Which just seems odd to me.

Maybe he will be average like this year, maybe he will be amazing. I really don't have a clue. I've gone on record several times saying I'd like him to have another shot this year as there have been a few glimpses of a great players. But I worry as Steve Walsh said, he's only a 10 games a season player.

So hope Beckford stays. On his game hes easily the best striker at the club.

:giggle:

Guest Col city fan

Fookin Hell Babs you've really had to take the baton on the Beckford thing.

Sorry mate!

lol

Fair enough :thumbup:

Archived