Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford

Hope he is going to leave after yesterday. He did absolutely nothing and gave no support to vardy at all in first half, instead he would run in the other direction across the pitch and hide out on the wing. He bottled out of challenges and didn't compete for a header once and as for his over head kick, what the hell was he thinking.

:banghead:

Hope he is going to leave after yesterday. He did absolutely nothing and gave no support to vardy at all in first half, instead he would run in the other direction across the pitch and hide out on the wing. He bottled out of challenges and didn't compete for a header once and as for his over head kick, what the hell was he thinking.

So with this logic I assume you want Nugent out too?

Nah it takes more than some sad old geezer on his computer to wind me up.

I comment on what I know and rarely guess, hence why I don't know if Beckford or Pearson or Beckford will be a success.

If you want me to guess then Beckford will be and Pearson won't be. But that's just a complete wild guess. Does that make you feel better now?

Awesome - you actually do argue with people for the sake of it - I think I'm going to start doing that! You must have posted about a thousand times that Pearson is the best and Beckford is a wash out and you don't actually think that - WUM of the year award = Babylon

Awesome - you actually do argue with people for the sake of it - I think I'm going to start doing that! You must have posted about a thousand times that Pearson is the best and Beckford is a wash out and you don't actually think that - WUM of the year award = Babylon

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have better luck next year. Babylon was just too good.

Guest Col city fan

To be fair at least some finally posted about Beckford in the right place again. The last few days it has been talked about everywhere but here.

lol

Don't forget the two best chances of the first half came to Mr.Beckford... The first I think he scuffed, the second he got scythed down as he was about to pull the trigger.

Beckford is and will be a frustrating player. We will see this over the coming season, if he stays which it looks likely he will.

The old adage comes to mind.. You have to be there to miss em... And Beckfords runs did look dangerous yesterday. As I said in the post match thread, it's of no coincidence that those two chances came from near little through balls for him to run onto.

Keep him, play him, let's see...

lol

Don't forget the two best chances of the first half came to Mr.Beckford... The first I think he scuffed, the second he got scythed down as he was about to pull the trigger.

Beckford is and will be a frustrating player. We will see this over the coming season, if he stays which it looks likely he will.

The old adage comes to mind.. You have to be there to miss em... And Beckfords runs did look dangerous yesterday. As I said in the post match thread, it's of no coincidence that those two chances came from near little through balls for him to run onto.

Keep him, play him, let's see...

Ok I think I've worked out the formula now

A - Beckford plays, doesn't get the right service, doesn't score, we should keep him.

B - Beckford plays, gets the right service, doesn't score, we should keep him.

:whistle:

In all seriousness I thought he worked better with Vardy than he does with Nugent based on yesterday, but then apparently Nugent/Vardy looked good and I just don't think we should be dropping Nugent for Beckford. Just hope Nugent/Beckford doesn't start frequently next year anyway, then I'll be happy.

Ok I think I've worked out the formula now

A - Beckford plays, doesn't get the right service, doesn't score, we should keep him.

B - Beckford plays, gets the right service, doesn't score, we should keep him.

:whistle:

In all seriousness I thought he worked better with Vardy than he does with Nugent based on yesterday, but then apparently Nugent/Vardy looked good and I just don't think we should be dropping Nugent for Beckford. Just hope Nugent/Beckford doesn't start frequently next year anyway, then I'll be happy.

Beckford/Nugent is an appalling combo, whereas Vardy + Beckford, Nugent + Vardy or Fuctas + any of them look to be useful.

I thought Beckford had a decent half yesterday - intellegent runs, got behind the defence a couple of times, didn't score from his one clear chance (but neither did Vardy - headed over or Nugent, slipt and fell over), but the great plus for me was the link up play with the mifield.

Guest Col city fan

I thought Beckford had a decent half yesterday - intellegent runs, got behind the defence a couple of times, didn't score from his one clear chance (but neither did Vardy - headed over or Nugent, slipt and fell over), but the great plus for me was the link up play with the mifield.

This.

Guest Col city fan

So once again people on here aren't allowed an opinion. I thought a forum was for debate, obviously not CCF

?

I was agreeing with the your post with the use of 'this'..

Like many people do or use +1

Who's not debating?

lol

Are you drunk?

Please find any of these posts where I have said Pearson is great or that he'll get us promoted etc, if you can I'll give £10 to charity.

You need to start being able to distinguish between defending someone against idiotic posts and saying someone is great.

Similarly you need to distinguish between saying someone was poor last year and that they are still unproven at the age of 29, and actually writing someone off as a "wash out".

You should start reading what people write. Oh and I don't believe either of those things, I don't know whether either of them will be a flop or a success... What I do know is they both need to improve massively on last year.

The link up between the two CM's vardy and Beckford was very promising.

Would have loved to see how we got on with Nugent and Knockaert also playing with Vardy, James, Marshall and DD.

:thumbup:

No problemo...

I think it is an anagram too, not anacronym.

I really hope Beckford can get off to a good start as it may get a few supporters off his back - I understand why some are frustrated with him, but I do feel he is a lot better than some we've had in that position and it just shows that he had the right service yesterday and looked threatening. I think the player who pulled him back was guilty again later in the half and would have been sent off if not a friendly - really encouraged by the overall display yesterday.

So he offered an outlet, you mean?

So he offered an outlet, you mean?

I think it depends on whether he is running into a position where he can realistically expect to receive the ball.

Many was the time last season that he'd "find space" and stand with his arms aloft. Trouble is he'd be 70 yards away from the man with the ball.

I think it depends on whether he is running into a position where he can realistically expect to receive the ball.

Many was the time last season that he'd "find space" and stand with his arms aloft. Trouble is he'd be 70 yards away from the man with the ball.

He was yesterday, as well as making himself available in congested areas.

Guest Col city fan

I'll hold my hands up (let's be honest I have no other choice lol) and say I was incredibly frustrated by Jermaine Beckford last season.

I didn't adher to the argument that he wasn't given enough chances.. I saw with my own eyes Beckford fluff some gilt edged opportunities which he should have scored.

However, over the summer I tried to consider what others had said. Not those who blindly argued that he would simply 'score 20 goals' next season... I believed then, and still do believe, that such comments were made out of hope than anything else. But those who saw more in the player than I did.

I think Beckfords generally average form last season exemplified the team per se. We looked out of sorts across the whole team. I felt, wrongly, that Pearson could turn Svens squad around very quickly. As it happened, improvements were made, suddenly we looked fitter, we had a better shape and Beckfords form improved. But such improvements were not dramatic, as I hoped they would be.

Weighing everything up, I think Jermaine suffered from three main problems. Firstly, not a lack of supply, but a lack of GOOD supply... Those intricate through balls that the player thrives on. Secondly, a lack of a strike partner. Beckford and Nugent, IMO didn't 'fit'.. They didn't seem to be able to read each others game well enough for them both to benefit (the obvious exception being that great winner at Norwich). Thirdly, from a lack of confidence. I do believe that some players ARE confidence players and that when they are right mentally their game can be seen to improve dramatically.

If Beckford can be supplied with killer passes of more quality, can strike up a real understanding and partnership with a fellow striker ( Vardy?) then I'm sure his confidence will soar..

Sorted then?

Not completely... He will still sometimes be seen to be fed up, will still fall over the ball and will still not control it well enough to retain possession at times of real need. Finally, he will continue to miss some.

However, that gut feeling remains. Play him in a better team, a more confident and well organised team and I can well see Beckford being our top striker this season.

A u-turn on my part?

Well... Yes....

Is that not allowed on FT?

For this reason I hope Nigel keeps him.

There was a time when Leicester fans would be genuinely excited to get a signing in from a Premier League club and will that player to do well but since S*** that seems to have changed - it is probably just a massive feeling of being let down that did it and Beckford was unfortunate in that he didn't join until a few weeks before the end of S*** and was clearly not match fit when he arrived. Once we made the chop in October, no one player shone for more than the odd game but a striker is, apart from a keeper, the easiest to measure performance wise and so he, as Col rightly puts, was playing in a poor side, getting poor service and suffers (as did Mills) from unfortunate body language in that he doesn't look like he is dying for the shirt every time he plays.

Hopefully there will be a bit more tolerance this season coming, but I doubt it

Archived