Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Starters Orders 5

Think I had a racing one somewhere. It had training and betting and buying horses. Donkeys in my case. Could give the demo a go but they normally only last a hour. downloaded a couple of snooker ones when the world championship was on.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided the take the plunge and got the Ipad version; which I think is a slightly cut down version of the full PC game, though it seems to be plenty deep enough for me. Whilst I don't fully understand all the racing terminology, it seems to be a lot of fun, if a little complex. Sort of like Football Manager with horses!

Decided the take the plunge and got the Ipad version; which I think is a slightly cut down version of the full PC game, though it seems to be plenty deep enough for me. Whilst I don't fully understand all the racing terminology, it seems to be a lot of fun, if a little complex. Sort of like Football Manager with horses!

Good stuff, glad your enjoying it. :thumbup:

I have the pc version and that is a little complex too but you get the hang of it with time.

I love breeding new horse's and training them to become champions, it's tough going though but I like a challenge. The PC version also has a great community and leagues that you can export your best horses into to run against the best of the rest.

If you love horse racing this is definitely the best game on the market.

• 2 years later...

I note it's in beta stage at the moment. Any massive bugs or is it playable and good at this stage ? Not played since 3 or 4 I think.

It's pretty stable, I haven't ran in any major crashes or bugs that have made it unplayable since it came out. It's updated quite often as well....

Want to have a really good go at this, this time round. Any tips?

Start up a game save it, exit it. Go back on it, go to the first race and see who wins it (if they win by 2lengths), exit the game(dont save) go back to your save and go back to the same race put all your money on the horse who won and it normally wins again. It's a nice start up in money then basically the following season breed your best horse with the best computer one and just try and get a good one. You don't have to do the money thing if you dont want it just helps you buy better facilities, thus improving your breeded new horses potential being higher.

Start up a game save it, exit it. Go back on it, go to the first race and see who wins it (if they win by 2lengths), exit the game(dont save) go back to your save and go back to the same race put all your money on the horse who won and it normally wins again. It's a nice start up in money then basically the following season breed your best horse with the best computer one and just try and get a good one. You don't have to do the money thing if you dont want it just helps you buy better facilities, thus improving your breeded new horses potential being higher.

That's not a 'tip' it's cheating lol

It's all a bit overwhelming to begin with and I don't find the tutorial that strong. Think this first venture will be a bit of trial and error.

At what age do you tend to breed your horses ? Any particular strategy on that front ?

Before they start deteriorate, I tend to breed around 6-7 of age. But that's only because I don't have the patience to wait till they get older.

Archived