Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

Guest Col city fan

Well I think Pearson has signed a little gem!

Marshall and Knockaert on the wings is very exciting they both like their stepovers and also like to cut inside and shoot, hope knockaert can put a decent ball in aswell, if he can he will be the perfect replacement for Dyer :P

I for one will support knockaert as much as I can and we can't start getting on his back, he is young and will keep getting better!

This seasons squad is small.. Dyer will feature in many games IMO... So I'd like to see us getting behind all the players all the time.

Rather than having the attitude 'Knocky will replace Dyer or Marshall will replace Gally' etc.. Let's accept its gonna be a season long effort by 'the squad' that may get us success. I believe this is the attitude that Pearson is taking.

I genuinely don't believe anyone ( with the exception perhaps of Kasper and Morgan) will be 'nailed on' to start in every game.

This seasons squad is small.. Dyer will feature in many games IMO... So I'd like to see us getting behind all the players all the time.

Rather than having the attitude 'Knocky will replace Dyer or Marshall will replace Gally' etc.. Let's accept its gonna be a season long effort by 'the squad' that may get us success. I believe this is the attitude that Pearson is taking.

I genuinely don't believe anyone ( with the exception perhaps of Kasper and Morgan) will be 'nailed on' to start in every game.

You have to admit though Knockaert is better than Dyer ;)

But yeah I know what you nean! :P

Well said and I agree. A match day squad has 18 spaces and when you take into account fitness and form I'm sure we can easily use the whole squad throughout the season and hopefully keep them all happy and have a good spirit in the camp. This is what a team is all about. :scarf:

Add Zolt Latszo (spelling probably wrong, but I guess you'll know who I mean) and Gabor Bori and I think it is right to be cautious - I'm not being a doom monger and I would rate Knockaert's performance yesterday as extremely encouraging. I fully expect games where things don't come off aswell, but it's important that he is supported when this happens. However, for the first time I believe we have a couple of wide players who can unpick tight defences. PS I also thought Drinkwater ran midfield yesterday.

yup. Remember his debut well. Lets hope Knockaert has genuine quality and wasnt just up for the game....

Tbf to Zolt he wasn't given much of a chance here imo, we need to give Knockaert time to prove his ability not just 10 games and then right him off!, otherwise we will live to regret it, and he will end up at another club producing performances.

Pearson made a telling comment about how impressed he'd been with the data on his off the ball running and tracking so perceived laziness shouldn't be an issue. Kockeart's 'problem' may well be our patience. Are our fans brave enough to tolerate the inevitable failed flicks and tricks that come with this sort of player?

Totally agree Col I do need to take some time for quiet contemplation though as the negative moaning gits are starting to get to me even moaning about the word tekkers fkn unreal.Waller who I believe made the tekkers post I have had some interesting exchange of views with, very frank and ultimately we have agreed to disagree which is the adult thing to do! Moans include we lose to Shrewsbury we're crap, we beat Sunderland with a lot of positives coming from the game and Sunderland are crap. Don't get too excited it's only one half of a pre season friendly (Knocky), We haven't got this we need that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a lot of the time I just smile and think NPs is all that matters. Now I am wondering if some moaners just ought to go away and support another team! Rant over.

Totally agree Col I do need to take some time for quiet contemplation though as the negative moaning gits are starting to get to me even moaning about the word tekkers fkn unreal.Waller who I believe made the tekkers post I have had some interesting exchange of views with, very frank and ultimately we have agreed to disagree which is the adult thing to do! Moans include we lose to Shrewsbury we're crap, we beat Sunderland with a lot of positives coming from the game and Sunderland are crap. Don't get too excited it's only one half of a pre season friendly (Knocky), We haven't got this we need that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a lot of the time I just smile and think NPs is all that matters. Now I am wondering if some moaners just ought to go away and support another team! Rant over.

Need my eyes testing it was 5walker not 5waller5 point the same though and chilled COYB :chant:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/130812-france-call-up-for-knockaert-308780.aspx?

Midfielder to miss Torquay trip...

Anthony Knockaert will both miss Tuesday’s Capital One Cup trip to Torquay United, having reported for international duty over the weekend.

The summer signing from Guingamp has been called up for the France Under-21 squad for their training camp in Clairefontaine, which runs until Wednesday.

He is due to rejoin the City squad on Thursday ahead of Saturday’s npower Championship opener against Peterborough United at King Power Stadium.

http://www.lcfc.com/...rt-308780.aspx?

Midfielder to miss Torquay trip...

Anthony Knockaert will both miss Tuesday’s Capital One Cup trip to Torquay United, having reported for international duty over the weekend.

The summer signing from Guingamp has been called up for the France Under-21 squad for their training camp in Clairefontaine, which runs until Wednesday.

He is due to rejoin the City squad on Thursday ahead of Saturday’s npower Championship opener against Peterborough United at King Power Stadium.

Do they even have a match?

:protest:

That's good news I thought Nigel said he might miss the week, looking forward to seeing him play against the Posh, we shouldn't really need him to beat Torquay.

Pearson made a telling comment about how impressed he'd been with the data on his off the ball running and tracking so perceived laziness shouldn't be an issue. Kockeart's 'problem' may well be our patience. Are our fans brave enough to tolerate the inevitable failed flicks and tricks that come with this sort of player?

Ah, good old Wellens Syndrome

Not got time to check if already mentioned but the obvious song seems to be knock, knock, knockaert he's going to score to the tune of knocking on heavens door

I like that a lot!

We should try to get that going, and "Jamie Vardy, Scores for Leicester, Makes me happy, Makes me feel this way" to the tune of Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody.

Not got time to check if already mentioned but the obvious song seems to be knock, knock, knockaert he's going to score to the tune of knocking on heavens door

I like that a lot!

We should try to get that going, and "Jamie Vardy, Scores for Leicester, Makes me happy, Makes me feel this way" to the tune of Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody.

Not bad. :thumbup:

Did we get any closer to finding out what fee was paid for Knockeart?

Oh and in terms of a song I can't believe people have overlooked this

No need to majorly change lyrics

Together we can take it to the end of the line

Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time

I don't know what to do, I'm always in the dark

We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

I really need you tonight

Knockeart's gonna star tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love

Now I'm only falling apart

There's nothing I can do

I totally love Knockeart

Did we get any closer to finding out what fee was paid for Knockeart?

Oh and in terms of a song I can't believe people have overlooked this

No need to majorly change lyrics

Together we can take it to the end of the line

Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time

I don't know what to do, I'm always in the dark

We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

I really need you tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love

Now I'm only falling apart

There's nothing I can do