Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

Hi Guys !

What about the first appearances (as a substitute) of Antho Knockaert ?

It seems that he plays as a wing midfielder (left or right ?). Just tell your coach that he's best when playing as a forward in a 4-4-2 system ;-)

Unfortunately we have six other forwards but can he play defensive midfield?

Hi Guys !

What about the first appearances (as a substitute) of Antho Knockaert ?

It seems that he plays as a wing midfielder (left or right ?). Just tell your coach that he's best when playing as a forward in a 4-4-2 system ;-)

Looks a really decent player from what we have all seen of him but he's been sub for every game so far because our manager mr pearson prefers to use someone else(dyer no end product) hope he starts soon

Guest Col city fan

If Knocky is as good as people are suggesting he is (and what I've seen of him, he does look tricky) he must surely now be commanding a first-team spot?

Why is Pearson sticking with Lloyd? Genuine question...

Defensive midfield that's hilarious considering he's an attacking player

I think Marty was perhaps taking the piss?

:thumbup:

If Knocky is as good as people are suggesting he is (and what I've seen of him, he does look tricky) he must surely now be commanding a first-team spot?

Why is Pearson sticking with Lloyd? Genuine question...

A young lad moving from from to a new country, apparently without a very good grasp of English, in a tough rough league. I would think easing the lad in isn't the worst decision in the world.

Was it his ball for the Vardy goal that wasn't?

He's being, quite rightly slowly eased into the team as he adapts to both the English life style and English Championship Football.

His cameo appearances have looked good and productive and have got better and better, he really should have been accredited with an assist Saturday but the goal was wrongly ruled out.

I think he needs to learn to pass a bit more and that he doesn't need to try to beat his man everytime , variety in his attacking play will benefit both him and the team, he's certainly not afraid to do his fair share of defensive work.

Generally things are looking good and it can only be a matter of time, maybe tomorrow in the Cup game against lower league Burton for him to get a start.

Guest Col city fan

He's being, quite rightly slowly eased into the team as he adapts to both the English life style and English Championship Football.

His cameo appearances have looked good and productive and have got better and better, he really should have been accredited with an assist Saturday but the goal was wrongly ruled out.

I think he needs to learn to pass a bit more and that he doesn't need to try to beat his man everytime , variety in his attacking play will benefit both him and the team, he's certainly not afraid to do his fair share of defensive work.

Generally things are looking good and it can only be a matter of time, maybe tomorrow in the Cup game against lower league Burton for him to get a start.

I agree completely.

I think tomorrow he will start and this would be the right game to do so IMO.

Guest Col city fan

I agree completely.

However, I know its all ifs and buts, but if he does start and does play well tomorrow, we surely need our best 11 on the pitch against Blackpool. Many think Dyer is not good enough, it soon could be the time to give the young lad a proper try.

Well said.

I think he will start against Burton. As an attack minded player who is also willing to help out defensively a wide midfield role makes some sense to me, particularly with the number of front men we have.

his cross that provided the disallowed goal on sat should be enough to convince pearson he should start now! don`t think Dyer has ever crossed a ball like that in his life lol!

Then you weren't watching the match very closely. Llloyd crossed a fantastic ball, reaching the centre of the 6-yard line, at head height. Couldn't have been more perfect for a forward who had the nous to anticipate it and be moving in on it. No forward was in the right position, so Lloyd got no acknowledgement in the statistics (i.e. no "assist"). To rub salt in the wound, RL commentary team missed the attack completely and didn't bring the incident to the attention of the listeners.

I don't say that Lloyd should start ahead of Knockaert, simply that he is more maligned by fans than is justified..

Guest Col city fan

Then you weren't watching the match very closely. Llloyd crossed a fantastic ball, reaching the centre of the 6-yard line, at head height. Couldn't have been more perfect for a forward who had the nous to anticipate it and be moving in on it. No forward was in the right position, so Lloyd got no acknowledgement in the statistics (i.e. no "assist"). To rub salt in the wound, RL commentary team missed the attack completely and didn't bring the incident to the attention of the listeners.

I don't say that Lloyd should start ahead of Knockaert, simply that he is more maligned by fans than is justified..

That happened many times last season too.

Nobody within a mile of any of the quick crosses Lloyd whipped in.

As I've mentioned before, 'assists' implies someone being 'assisted'. In Lloyds case this is sadly not the case often enough.

Vardy should help in this respect. He can keep up with him.

to be honest I only saw the game from the highlight`s and talk from what ive heard from previous matches, Dyer`s main asset is his speed and directness! but crossing always been a weakness, pretty sure knockaert will prove his worth when he start`s a match! :thumbup:

his cross that provided the disallowed goal on sat should be enough to convince pearson he should start now! don`t think Dyer has ever crossed a ball like that in his life lol!

Dyer's delivered plenty of decent crosses including one at Blackburn which begged to be finished at the near post from about four yards out - except that, as ever, we had no-one attacking that post. He sent another which offered a potential sitter at the far post against Charlton so it really is a myth that he never hits a good final ball.

It all reminds me of the situation with Laczco. We get a new foreign footballer, we want him in the team and we start calling whoever happens to be in the way. And with Marshall being relatively new and still favoured, Dyer becomes the prospective fall guy.

Well I'm not yet convinced that either are necessarily better than Dyer. Marshall had a better game against Blackburn but was hardly outstanding and Knockaert hasn't even played a full game yet from memory. Yes, his ball for Vardy was a god one and he's presented a threat. But, like so many with dyer, I migh question his end product too because there's not been a lot.

Tha's not to knock any of them because all three represent far better value than we've had in those positions in the relatively recent past and it's a nice problem to have.

But I've seen Leicester fans get excited and try to talk all sorts of people into the team before ... Abe, Lackco, Kaebi, some Scandinavian goalkeeper whose name I forget and others. Unfortunately most of em were a disappointment and some an embarrassment.

The most important problem is to sort our defence.

Dyer's delivered plenty of decent crosses including one at Blackburn which begged to be finished at the near post from about four yards out - except that, as ever, we had no-one attacking that post. He sent another which offered a potential sitter at the far post against Charlton so it really is a myth that he never hits a good final ball.

It all reminds me of the situation with Laczco. We get a new foreign footballer, we want him in the team and we start calling whoever happens to be in the way. And with Marshall being relatively new and still favoured, Dyer becomes the prospective fall guy.

Well I'm not yet convinced that either are necessarily better than Dyer. Marshall had a better game against Blackburn but was hardly outstanding and Knockaert hasn't even played a full game yet from memory. Yes, his ball for Vardy was a god one and he's presented a threat. But, like so many with dyer, I migh question his end product too because there's not been a lot.

Tha's not to knock any of them because all three represent far better value than we've had in those positions in the relatively recent past and it's a nice problem to have.

But I've seen Leicester fans get excited and try to talk all sorts of people into the team before ... Abe, Lackco, Kaebi, some Scandinavian goalkeeper whose name I forget and others. Unfortunately most of em were a disappointment and some an embarrassment.

The most important problem is to sort our defence.

Not having a pop but to suggest that Marshall hasnt necessary proved that he is better than Dyer is quite laughable.

You just need to have a look at the goals he's scored since joining us....I don't think Dyer could score any of those in his wildest dreams.

This season alone he's already assisted Morgans goal against Peterborough, Kings goal against Charlton, Vardys goal against Torquay along with the free kick he scored also.

His technique and football brain is on another level to Dyers and add to that his set piece delivery and ability to cross the ball with either foot makes it quite clear he's a better player than Dyer.

I agree completely.

However, I know its all ifs and buts, but if he does start and does play well tomorrow, we surely need our best 11 on the pitch against Blackpool. Many think Dyer is not good enough, it soon could be the time to give the young lad a proper try.

Dyer is playing well.

Archived