Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

He was head and shoulders our best player last night. I heard some people slating Pearson for subbing him, but he'd ran his legs off and had disappeared from the game for the last 5 mins he was on. First time I've seen him play properly and I'm impressed.

He did look knackered.

Carrying the midfield and strikers probably contributed.

Was impressed last night , never gave the ball away once !!!

Shooting needs to improve in open play ?

Quality free kick ..

On his day Dyer is awsome, but there are not enough of them . Will prove to be a great plan B.

Let's be honest Lloyd is the only wide player in living history that doesn't take corners lol ???

Tony needs to start .....

Looks like we have uncovered a gem in this lad, hope we see him starting soon. Is he very fast? Haven't been to a game yet so far due to being on holiday.

He's got pace, but isn't 'Lloyd Dyer' quick, if you see what I mean. Enough to beat his man comfortably.

He may not have the pace of Dyer but his crossing ability, trickery and adept passing as well as the fact he tracks back and can put better tackles in far outweighs Dyer's qualities he needs to start for me on Saturday I will be bemused if NP picks Dyer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Merc

10 facts on new Leicester City star Anthony Knockaert

DID YOU know the following about City's new star?

1 Anthony Knockaert was born on November 20, 1991, in Roubaix, a commune in the Nord department in northern France. That makes him 20.

• ​4188508.jpg
    Anthony Knockaert on the ball

• •
  • •

2 Roubaix is located between the cities of Lille and Tourcoing, the finishing point of the Paris–Roubaix cycling classic, one of the most prestigious events in cycling.

3 Knockaert was unearthed by City head of development Steve Walsh while playing for Guingamp in the second tier of French football. Knockaert is such a mystery that a definitive number for his career goals is disputed across a wide range of sources.

4 Guingamp has some renowned talent among its former ranks, such as Chelsea's Florent Malouda and former Blues' hero Didier Drogba.

5 They also have a track record for producing City wonder goal-scorers. Lilian Nalis, remembered for his stunning 30-yard volley against Leeds, played 30 games for Guingamp between 1997 and 1998.

6 On August 1, 2012, Knockaert moved to Leicester City on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee – rumoured to be in the vicinity of £2.5million.

7 Knockaert is only the seventh Frenchman to play for City following Franck Rolling, Dany N'Guessan, Bruno N'Gotty, Pegguy Arphexad, Lilian Nalis and Yann Kermorgant. Arphexhad is included on the list as he was born in Guadeloupe – a Caribbean island, it is also an overseas region of France.

8 Knockaert has represented his country at both Under-20 level, where he scored four times in 10 games, and once for the Under-21s, against Chile.

9 The 5ft 8in Knockaert has formed a somewhat comical double-act with 6ft 5in Hungarian giant Marco Futacs. According to assistant boss Craig Shakespeare, the pair resemble Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film Twins.

10 The Frenchman has said his footballing idol is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, to whom he dedicated his outrageous 'Scorpion' goal against Huddersfield.

Hi guys,

I see Knocky has become a regular player. Where does he usually play ? As a left winger, right winger, or behind the striker ?

I think Pearson usually has him play on the left side, but loves to shuffle things around. Looks like Knockaert is used all over the middle (sauf as a defensive midfielder).

Hi guys,

I see Knocky has become a regular player. Where does he usually play ? As a left winger, right winger, or behind the striker ?

Somewhere just behind the front two. He'll be listed on the team sheet as a winger but he seems to roam around a bit more than stay out wide.

Archived