Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Anthony Knockaert

Guest MattP

No-one here understands French pronunciations ?

:rolleyes:

The whole country struggles, look at how we pronounce "Evra", anyone who has been to France knows its "Ev-war" rhyming with Tar.

I dread to think what we'll end up calling him.

Has the potential to be the exciting edge of your seat like player that weve been lacking for years, cant say that i know his ability personally but from what ive heard and the match report (even though it is against weak oppenents) he is going to be a star. The championships new taarabt hopefully :)

Wait 'till he plays at the KP. Then we'll see how the PA announces his name lol

I often wonder why he doesn't just ask the players how their names pronounced (you only have to hear the way he pronounced 'Kermorgant' to know that he doesn't), instead of just taking a wild stab in the dark. The same should go for commentators, too!

Either way, Knockaert is a ridiculous surname, so he should change it to Smith to save us the hassle. :thumbup:

Used to hate how commentators would pronounce Kaamark and zagorakis.......just saying

Commentators ALWAYS try to make players names sound fancy or mis pronounce them winds me up! The one that has probably got on my nerves the most is Marco Reus. Commentators during the European Championships were pronouncing it Royce when it's Ray-Us like the town/village near Salou in Spain :/

Commentators ALWAYS try to make players names sound fancy or mis pronounce them winds me up! The one that has probably got on my nerves the most is Marco Reus. Commentators during the European Championships were pronouncing it Royce when it's Ray-Us like the town/village near Salou in Spain :/

I think Ray-us sounds more fancy lol

Others that annoy me are;

Drogba> Drog-bar

Pato> Pay-tow

Arshavin> arse-shaving lol

Anyone remember David Pleat commentating on the LCFC game and trying to take credit for Julian Joachim while not being able to pronounce his name?

He was calling him Jo-a-chim.

Grrrr.

Pleat does it on purpose I swear. He can sit for 90 minutes whilst the bloke next to him gets his name correct and still he pops up with a mispronunciation. A bit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT6X4lyAYUg

his nickname makes no sense if your pronounce it ray us

Anyone remember David Pleat commentating on the LCFC game and trying to take credit for Julian Joachim while not being able to pronounce his name?

He was calling him Jo-a-chim.

Grrrr.

To be fair to Pleat, I don't think any of us say JJ's name right. I think Joachim is a German name, and it's probably pronounced yo-a-kim.

lol Except it's a million percent pronounced 'Royce'

Used to hate how commentators would pronounce Kaamark

Most people pronounced this wrong anyway.

It is properly pronounced 'kormark'. The proper spelling is KÃ¥mark, and the Swedish 'Ã¥' is an 'aw' sound. He just spelt his name with two two 'a's because of the lack of 'Ã¥' in English.

PS. Reus = royce.

FIFA is wrong.

Most people pronounced this wrong anyway.

It is properly pronounced 'kormark'. The proper spelling is KÃ¥mark, and the Swedish 'Ã¥' is an 'aw' sound. He just spelt his name with two two 'a's because of the lack of 'Ã¥' in English.

PS. Reus = royce.

FIFA is wrong.

You live and learn lol

Archived