Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

I-Pad Users

Hey Guys!

I received an ipad as a gift recently. At first it frustrated the living piss out of me, but I'm beginning to actually quite like it. My problem is I don't feel like I'm getting the best out of it. The app store seems confusing and I don't trust the comments. So can anyone make any recommendations for tweaks, apps, games, and general advice of getting the best out of my new toy.

Love

MF

XX

the Olympic game is great and quite addictive, if you intend to watch videos on it i would get flex player saves you having to convert the files in itunes you can pretty much play anything off it. Spotify is always good if you have an account. And if you like pinball there is some great ones in the app store!

Hey Guys!

I received an ipad as a gift recently. At first it frustrated the living piss out of me, but I'm beginning to actually quite like it. My problem is I don't feel like I'm getting the best out of it. The app store seems confusing and I don't trust the comments. So can anyone make any recommendations for tweaks, apps, games, and general advice of getting the best out of my new toy.

Love

MF

XX

I love mine because it's so portable - apart from safari, mail and the on demand players for tv/film, (Oh and tripadvisor app - which is useful map when abroad) I don't use it for much else despite it being in use all the time. I love the fact it fits in a hotel safe so I don't need my Macbook or have to risk taking it anywhere abroad. I listen to audiobooks on it most nights.

I'll watch this thread in anticipation as I've never really got too much out of app's in general whether they be for phone or pad.

'Notes' is good as with icloud it will sync with your iphone so if you need to write down train ticket codes for collection or airport booking stuff or shopping lists etc..... when you next go out without the pad it's automatically in your phone - used it a few times for work notes too.

N.

If you have a satellite box you can probably get an app for that. I have Directv in the US and can control the box from my Ipad. I also have my music streaming from my IMac to my audio system and can control what I listen to. For that I use Sonos but with an Apple TV you can connect to iTunes withe the "Remote" app.

Thanks guys.

With regards to films, what's the deal? Not having a disk drive or USB is pretty bloody annoying. When you rent films do you need to be connected to the internet? I wanted to get a few things to watch when I travel on the airplane.

get flex player and add them into itunes on your lap top that you connect to. Can play AVI files etc. You can get one of these though which is always handy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-in1-Camera-Connection-Kit-for-Apple-iPad-2-3-M2-TF-SD-Card-Reader-USB-ipad2-3-/261026905510?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3cc66a7da6#ht_2820wt_1163

Thanks guys.

With regards to films, what's the deal? Not having a disk drive or USB is pretty bloody annoying. When you rent films do you need to be connected to the internet? I wanted to get a few things to watch when I travel on the airplane.

I bought AVPlayerHD from the app store. You can then pirate movies and use that to load and play them on your ipad. It will play most file types

Flipboard is a must! Great app which collates everything from news and social network feeds all in one place and puts it in a newsletter style - very good to catch up with stuff!

Also, haven't Jailbroken mine yet but is it worth doing?

Flipboard is a must! Great app which collates everything from news and social network feeds all in one place and puts it in a newsletter style - very good to catch up with stuff!

definitely worth jailbreaking. free apps, themes, and tweaks that youll never get on apple. wouldnt worry about it breaking as you can restore speaking from my own experience. just search jailbreak new ipad 5.1.1 into youtube and it will show you. i did it with my ipad 1 month back and its made it so much better.

Cydia is the best app on the iPad, once jailbroken of course. ;)

Right, so i've jailbroken this morning and open to a world of new apps and tweaks...any suggestions?

For all of these youll have get ALL SOURCES from cydia-youtube search

Mxtube download any music from youtube free

Sb settings

Installous 5 free apps

Xcon for sky go

Iap cracker- get free in app purchases

Theres loads of others but if you search in youtube best jailbreak tweaks theyll show you most of them

I need to replace my knackered laptop but don't know whether to get another laptop or an iPad. I only need it for web browsing, occasional letter writing and, of course, Foxes Player. Any one use an Ipad for Foxes Player commentary ?? Does it work ok ?? Any problems watching movie clips, YouTube etc ??

Cheers.

Edited to say that I'm not a game player so not bothered about that.

I need to replace my knackered laptop but don't know whether to get another laptop or an iPad. I only need it for web browsing, occasional letter writing and, of course, Foxes Player. Any one use an Ipad for Foxes Player commentary ?? Does it work ok ?? Any problems watching movie clips, YouTube etc ??

Cheers.

Edited to say that I'm not a game player so not bothered about that.

The ipad does not support flash so I am not sure if Foxesplayer will work on it. Youtube and iPlayer along with all the TV channel things work fine but the highlights they used to post on the BBC website dont.

Archived